Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently play SM and am looking at starting a second army. My main (only) opponent plays IG.
Dont want a similar style army so that rules out chaos eldar and dark eldar.
Dont like orks or Tau.
Daemons seem very hard to master.
Nids seem hard to paint and master.
That leaves necrons or IG. IG would be my first choice, the only thing stopping me is my opponent purely for the variety on the playing board (a table full of IG sounds good the odd time but maybe not all the time???)
I think necrons may be getting a new codex before the turn of the century. Is this correct??
If someone could give me some advice on what is crap to play with at the minute and what is due a new codex in the near future, it would be a great help.
Am open to changing my mind on any and all of the above points.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Daemonhunters are rumoured to be around Games Day uk now, soo that would be September, with DE's not far behind... Necrons I heard rumoured for January 2011, but theres not been much about them since that.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
you missed 1....Chaos marines. This would be a good idea actually as you they act diffrently to normal marines and you can Proksy for a while if needed. I keep wanted to go for them and if i did then i would form a nice fluffy Slanessh(Stupid spelling) army. This gives them and very diffrent play style but still close to marines so the learnign curb for taking them up wouldn't be much.

As for the other armysd i understand you don't want Tau or orks and IG is your oppoents army(the reason i don't have a Tau army at the mo is becuase my mate has that one). As an Eldar player i can say that Eldar are 100% nothing like marines in alsmot any way. They are speciallised and do 1 thing better than almsot anyone else can but then lack somewhere else in return. No clue on Dark Eldar as i have only played them once and it was a 650pts game....which i lose by a mile and neaithe rof us has the codex.
Daemons can be but with the new modals out next month now is a good time to start and Nids are less of a problem painting and more a pain an boring in large numbers

·
Registered
118 Posts
sisters of battle? seriously, make the guard player weep at the sheer amount of flamers/meltas you can put down! he goes hordey footslogers? flame him! he goes mech? Melta him! and as to fluff, we have reason to lay the smack on anyone! and as many are giving up on them, ebay is your best friend. as a bonus, the dex goes online in the next 2 weeks for free, so download and look for yourself. it is free after all!

EDIT: dexs are up for download now.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been looking on the GW website for the link to download the codexes but cant find them. Either the GW site is shite or I'm stupid or. . . . . wot was I saying again. . . .
:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts