Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realized I've never posted my army list on here so here it goes.

1 Blood Thirster
1 Lord of Change
1 Soul Grinder
1 Daemon Prince
6 Flamers
5 Flesh hounds
1 Karanak
1 Skulltaker
10 Bloodletters
10 Daemonettes
19 Plaguebearers

I realize this is kind of a haphazard grouping but my friends are nice enough to let me sub troops from one group for another of the same type until I'm able to get the actual figures.

The armies I play against are Eldar, Tyranid, and 2 factions of Space Marines. My group is still getting use to the rules and playing the game so any configuration recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Before I hand out any army ideas it would be helpful to know what kind of army are you interested in.

Do you want a mono god army? Something totally dedicated to one Chaos god? Or do you you want a versatile army mix? Focused primarily on CC, shooting, both? Any models that really appeal to you?

You have a very broad range of models but Daemons is all about building units that complement each other. Like using Fateweaver with a unit of Bloodcrushers. We will get ya pointed in the right direction. :victory:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the furosity of the khorne army but haven't quite gotten enough of them into CC to to really make them effective. I haven't really tried the Slaanesh army yet. I tend to lean towards CC vs trying to pick everyone off from a distance. A good CC army with good range support would be ideal for my play style. As for playing a 1 god army or a mix, I'm good with either. Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
312 Posts
This is my Khorne army. It's tried, tested, and guaranteed to give anyone in CC a bad day.

Wave 1 consists of the 2 Thirsters (who you plunk down out of rapid fire range), 3 Grinders (who pie plate the warp out of everything before your opponent can do anything), and a squad of Bloodletters. Reason being all these huge big bad uglies will draw your opponents fire away from your smaller daemons arriving later. On turn 2 your Thirsters will be in CC and your Grinders will continue to rain down pie plates while your lil guys arrive. Or smash things apart in CC. They're very good at that too! :crazy:

Bloodthirster 280 Points
- Unholy Might, Blessing of the Blood God, Instrument of Chaos

Bloodthirster 280 Points
- Unholy Might, Blessing of the Blood God, Instrument of Chaos

Bloodcrushers (4) 200 Points
- Fury of Khorne, Musician, Icon of Chaos

Bloodletters (7) 122 Points
- Fury of Khorne

- Fury of Khorne

- Fury of Khorne

- Fury of Khorne

- Fury of Khorne

Soul Grinder 160 Points
- Phlegm

Soul Grinder 160 Points
- Phlegm

Soul Grinder 160 Points
- Phlegm

1850/1850 Points

Its just one of many options available. There is a very good Nurgle Tally list as well. And numerous multigod lists that all kick serious butt. But you did say you liked CC. :victory:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts