Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so yeah my main army is WhichHunters but even I like to dabble in other army's like my 1765pt army I put together. I need advice critique and all that. ^_^ so here it is.

SkarBrand, The exiled one(HQ)-300pts
IronHide, Fleet, Furious Charge, Rage Embodied, Bellow of Endless fury, Daemon.

Daemonetts of Slaanesh(Troop)-(14ptseachx40)=280pts/ ((2 squads of 20))
Rending Claws, Aura of Acquiscence, Fleet, Transfixing Gaze, Intrument of Chaos, Daemon

Fiends of Slaanesh(Elites)-(30ptseachx4)= 120pts
Soporific Musk,Rending Claws, Unholy might, Daemon

Daemon Prince of Chaos(Heavy Support)-(80pts+Addons)= 235pts
Daemonic Flight, IronHide, Instrument of Chaos, Unholy Might, Mark of Nurgle, Cloud of Flies, Noxious Touch, Aura of Decay, Boon of Mutation.

Soul Grinder of Chaos(Heavy Support)-(135ptsx1)=135pts
Fleet, Daemon, War Gear: Two Dreadnought Close Combat Weapons, One Harvestor(What the heck is a harvestor????) built into one of the CC Weapons, One Maw Cannon(Tongue)

Seekers of Slaanesh(Fast Attack)-(17ptseachx15+addons)=265pts
Daemon, Cavalry(Do I Choose a Daemonic Steed???), Rending Claws, Aura of Acquiescence, Instrument of Chaos, Transfixing Gaze.

So thats it folks! Please give advise and Critiques! I would appriciate it! Thanks ^_^ for your time.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
1: you cannot list individual points cost, please remove them.

2: Split the daemonettes into 4 units.

3: Drop some thinks off the daemon prince, seems way to expensive

4: Im liking the army, but skarbrand is a bit of a loose cannon, he can do more harm for army since you dont want the opponent re rolling against you as the majority of your troops are low toughness, switch him out for a normal thirster.

5: seekers - they come mounted on a fiend, so you dont get to pick.

hope my advice helps, im not much of a 40k daemon player.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

thank you ill take your advice and make some notes ^_^ if anyone else has anything else to add please do! :D

·
Registered
648 Posts
Too much of a battleforce army. You have a little bit of everything but nothing that really meshes.

If you field Skarbrand, you need to make the most of his ability. Field high I units that can kill their opponents before they can swing back. Fiends and Seekers stick out as obvious beneficiaries.

Fiends are the best unit in the book, take lots.

Plaguebearers are the best Troops pick for their low cost and extreme durability. Daemonettes can work with Skarbrand, but take PBs for the objective holding.

1 Grinder is melta bait. Take 2-3 or none.

You don't need to give every unit every upgrade. Keep things cheap and only pick what you need.

Deep Striking 20 models is a big risk, I wouldn't recommend it.

I'd go back to the drawing board on this one. Figure out what kind of army you want and focus your build around that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

okay sweet thanks for the advice ^_^ ill take it all and go back to the drawing board! :D thanks again.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Soulgrinders are great, but stick with the phlegm upgrade. Much better than tongue. And you need at least 2. I also agree with the above posts, you have alot of points wasted on upgrades you dont need. I have never had a need for the instrument. Boon is also not very good, I'd take daemonic gaze instead. And Chumbalaya is right- plaguebearers are the best objective holders we got.

Also read Chumbalaya's tactica. It's in his sig. Its a wonderful piece of work! It'll help you out immensely.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i agree with chumbalaya.if you field soulgrinder field at leas two. u could
drop the prince and use points to another grinder and more fiends.
seekers are nice but i would drop them and take 3 flamers and small unit
of plaguebearers.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Salentia

I have had much better look with daemons using tzeench and slaanesh together.

take 4 units of 10 daemonettes(include icon only) this make life painful for the opponent then include 2 units of 10 horrors(w/ icon and bolt of tzeench) theres your troops choice
for elites 2 uits of 4 or 6 flamers of tzeench. these guys are dirty they are the best shock troops and dont be afraid to deep strike them right in from your opponents face you would be crazy to not include them. if you so choose bring in larg unit of fiends.
for heavys take 3 daemon princes with wings and breath of chaos (iron hide helps as well but its not a necesity) this will give you som good mobility and the fire power a flamer provides. For an HQ use the masque and a herald of tzeench with a dic and breath of chaos also this will annoy your opponent more than anything. Greater daemons are cool but cost to much in points and normally wind up being big targets and get killed before they even get to do anyting the objest of this list to strike first and ask questions later. the only army that has given me issues is a gaurd army with lots of tanks.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Also run 2 grinders or none at all. Unless your playing on a board where a grinder can get good cover I highly suggest you drop him or give him a friend. I say this from experince my lone soul grinder hasn't seen a game where he wasn't immoblized or destroyed by turn 3 yet.

Also if you ever fight a fast army like blood angels with all jump packs, use fiends to hold them still then run once a combat ready unit gets close enough. I have never beaten a hit and run army yet because they would back away from anything particularly dangerous, shoot, assault, then use some cheesy rule to run away then repeat. Unless you have hounds, screamers, or fiends they will give you a headache.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts