Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was playing a friendly game today; my orks against a SM player and an IG player. The IG declared his LRBT was going to fire at a mob of boyz... the main cannon was clearly in range, so he measured range for the sponsons and only one model was in range.

He then said: "I'm going to fire my cannon"

I said: "Okay....... but I'm going to be a jerk (lol'ed)"

He scored a few casualties with the cannon and (guess what) I removed the one model that was in range of the sponsons.

well needless to say, he then wanted to fire the sponsons and I told him I was out of range. and an argument between him, the guy playing SMs and myself followed.

He argued that you measure range for all weapons on a vehicle before firing any of them.... there for he should still be able to hit my unit.

my argument is that you measure for a weapon and then fire that weapon. if I remove modles that put the next gun out of range....too bad.

soooo... who was right here. I just want to make sure I play the game right. If I'm wrong...so be it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
246 Posts
He was right!

BRB p.18 Fast rolling with Different weapons. "When a unit fires, all of its weapons are fired simultaneously..." in this case the LRBT is a unit.
The difference being that range is measured from the muzzle of the firing weapon BRB p.56.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
You were right....

You were a Jerk!

lol Sorry, couldn't resist...

All fire is done simultaneously for a unit so the order in which he fired would make no difference with your range or his casualty removal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts