1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The US site has just put up the next batch of datasheets:

database

New are the following;
- landraider ares (very nice example of the thing we can make ourselves)
- grey knight redeemer force (not particulary special, but finally something for inquisition players!)
- lost and the damned (really nice rules and nice option imho)
- shadow sect of karandras (very characterful)
- eldar sunstorm squadron (ouch, this one is going to hurt...seriously going to hurt:wink:)
- kroot mercs (finally kroot mercs are legal again, not as good as the old list but its a very, very nice start!)
- piranha swarm (nothing to special, but seems like a lott of fun to use)
- blank sheets (start writing you nutters:wink:)

Enjoy!

-Hephesto-

·
Links Manager
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that I know of, but I'm figuring that eventually you'll be able to get loose vindicator sprues and thats as you seem to need to make one of these beauties :wink:

·
Registered
383 Posts
So Lysander is a Titan Killer huh? Not one Titan, no no, many!

This officially makes

Lysander > all :biggrin:

I'm very tempted to make an Imperial Fists Terminus Ultra Land Raider sometime. 5 Lascannons, 3 of them twin-linked, feel my cheese!!!

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Now, a few of these I think are worth the effort....

The two new Eldar datasheets are the best yet and the LR Ares may just be the best LR I've seen yet.

Thanks hephesto.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
LatD is kinda cool would be fun to model

the grey knights one is ok

the Shadow Sect of Karandras would be fun to play with
(Shadow Sect of Karandras and the falcon datasheet woo)

but the best of all them is the blank sheets!

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
I'll have to add the Ares to my growing collection of Land Raider varients. The many. The varied. The cheese. The Land Raiders.

-Dirge

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
I'm surprised everyone finds Land Raiders so cheesy. I've always found them to be a bit of a liability in 2000-point games. The Phobos (standard) configuration doesn't really work that well because of its armament. Normally, it'd be fine, but since the Land Raider is really an assault transport first and a gunboat second, having weapons that really are best used hanging back seems like a bit of a waste. Crusaders, conversely, are excellent assault tanks, but have a relatively close range requirement to provide their ample fire support. While armor 14 is as good as it gets, the price tag for points, the heavy support slot, and the fact that by the time it's got range with its weapons, it's not hard to get a meltagun up to it strikes me as a major problem. I love Land Raiders as models, but unless it's a points-free Apocalypse game, they tend to gather dust in my armoury (read: closet). That reminds me, I need to buy a Land Raider for my Lions Rampant...

The Terminus Ultra Land Raider, on the other hand... now that is actually worthwhile, since it doesn't have a transport capacity and it's got a rather obvious purpose that it really excels at. The risk of blowing the engine out is so small that it might as well not even be included in the rules, in my opinion... it's something like a 5% chance. Shame you can't bring a Terminus along in 2000 points... almost makes an Annihilator look like a chump (albeit being twice as expensive as the predator in both points and cash...)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts