Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been thinking now that I have about 3000pts of Chaos and 4000pts of Guard I may as well combine what i've got into some fun* lists.

*Fun-with an eye to win, non-tournie lists...

First idea, mixing Typhus' Plague Zombies, with Guard infantry platoons, for fun infantry assault waves, with bikers and fliers whizzing around...

HQ
Typhus

Troops:
Zombies x30

Zombies x30

Fast Attack
Heldrake

Bikers x8 w/MoS, IoE, x2 meltaguns

Heavy Support:
Obliterator w/MoN

Guard Allies:

HQ
CCS w/lascannon

Troops:

PCS (naked in Vendetta)

Infantry Squad x40 w/ x4 autocannons. x4 flamers, commissar

Fast Attack:
Vendetta

:1500pts

Of course, I could really push this with the models I have and have a list with x2 platoons with x100 infantry in 2 blobs, with x2 blobs of 35 zombies, for 170 models of troop choices, for 800pts...But that many models requires a long time to play, and I don't always want to mess with my opponents sanity moving all that...Not without warning them first anyway!

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I'd drop a handful of zombies to kit your PCS with flamers for objective-cleaning. Otherwise, well. That's a lot of models.

I would also try small squads of zombies as speed bumps to absorb enemy assaulters and letting you counter-attack with your Straken guard blobs with power axes and commissars. Also: Huron + Al'Rahem?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Huron for infiltration and Al'Rahem for outflanking a big 50 man blob...That could be very fun.

Actually...Could always add Creed to the mix too. Outflank a squadron of Executioners.

Or Straken with x3 meltaguns and a regi standard, and a 50 man blob with autocannons, flamers, power axes, commissars...Then outflank the other blob with Al'Rahem, give them all melta or plasma guns, melta bombs, power axes, commissars, flamers...Then Huron or Ahriman to infiltrate some CSM or 1ksons onto objectives in rhinos. I think the Guard Blobs would be great screening units.

So many fun options with Guard allies. Think i'll start experimenting with these soon.

*Edit:

If we really want to push the Horde-Blob concept:

Lord Commissar, Conscripts/Chenkov, with Send in the next wave, with plague zombies...

HQ
Typhus

Troops
Plague Zombies x35

Plague Zombies x35

Fast Attack
Heldrake

HQ
Lord Commissar

Troops

PCS x4 flamers
Conscripts x50
Infantry Squad x50 (with various heavy weapons, commissar etc)

PCS x4 flamers, Chenkov, w/Chimera
Conscripts x50
Infantry Squad x50 (as above)

Fast Attack
Vendetta

: 2000pts

280 objective holding troops, 100 of which basically regenerate. 2 Fliers. Melta bombs for all. lascannons, autocannons, flamers aplenty...Whack in Al'Rahem, to outflank 105 troops for shits and giggles.

Strictly under the *Fun* category...If you are into hordes and blobs...

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Plus, according to the FAQ, you dice off for regenerating Al'Rahem's conscripts from which board edge they enter, so there's a 50% chance of outflanking with the reborn blob.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts