Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I currently play CSM *booooo hiiiissssss* (I know), but I'm currently thinking about switching over to the "good side". Ever since seeing Blood Angels I've been intrigued by them, and this new codex has even further sparked my interest. Here's a little 750 point list I put together. It's lacking in anti-tank though I think...so what do you suggest? Thanks!

HQ:
Librarian w/JP, Shield of Sanguinius, Unleashed Rage, and Plasma Pistol - 140

TROOPS:
5 man Assault Squad incl. Sergeant w/PF and 1 Meltagun - 135
5 man Death Company w/JPs - 175

FAST:
Baal Predator w/TL Assault Cannon, Heavy Bolter, Spindle Mounted Stormbolter, and Hunter Killer - 165

Total: 750 points

·
Registered
566 Posts
HQ:
Librarian w/JP, Shield of Sanguinius, Unleashed Rage, and Plasma Pistol - 140
PP is a waste

TROOPS:
PF should be a PW
As above
5 man Death Company w/JPs - 175
useless in a 750 game

FAST:
Baal Predator w/TL Assault Cannon, Heavy Bolter, Spindle Mounted Stormbolter, and Hunter Killer - 165
it's ok

Total: 750 points
Needs some changes

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response...I was thinking that the Plasma Pistol might be a waste....wasn't sure where else to put the extra points. But where else would you toss the points? And instead of the DC? I figured they would be a TOUGH unit and the Librarian could run with them...is that possible? What should I change? "Needs some changes" doesn't help much. :(

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In a small game...what about removing the DC, taking away the Plasma pistol and either the Hunter Killer or Stormbolter off the Pred and adding a Termie assault squad? That should be the same amount of points...or what about a Dred?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Libby is fine other than the plasma. the assault squads are fine other than the PF, with your sarge attacking last the squad might get wiped out before he gets a chance to make up for it. the DC can be lured, seeing how they have to move towards the nearest enemy. You could add 2 sanguinary priests with JP and PW, assault marines with FC and FNP they are sick. you could run a sanguinary guard squad with a sanguinary priest.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ahhh...didn't even think about Sanguinary priests...I also like the Sanguinary Guard...but a bit expensive for this low I think...not sure. I could always toy around with Proxying them to see if I like them. I'm leaning towards something like this...lemme know if it seems a bit more solid...

HQ:
Librarian w/JP, SoS, and Unleash Rage

TROOPS:
7 Assualt Marines, 1 Meltagun, and Sergeant w/PW - 161
7 Assualt Marines, 1 Meltagun, and Sergeant w/PW - 161

ELITE:
2 Sanguinary Priests w/JPs

FAST:
Baal Predator w/ TL Assault Cannon, Heavy Bolter, and Pintle mounted Storm Bolter - 155

TOTAL: 752 pts.

A Bit better, eh?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts