Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, as the title suggests, im struggling on how i can make my white scars space marines stand out more, or look definitively 'white scars'.

what ive thought of so far is:
topknots on some marines and almost any that isnt wearing a helmet
hog-style bikes for sergents
quad bikes for attack bikes

now an idea ive had since looking into mongol warrirors(what ws are based on) is maybe use chainmail? for example, have it draped across a sm's legs in a sort of 'semi-robe' since mongols tended to be very lightly armoured.

also, horses, they seem to be their 'mascot' animal. how can i incorporate them into this?

very legnthy post, so thanks to anyone that reads it all, and thanks again to anyone that responds :D

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Animal furs and trophies will help them stand out a bit more, locks of horse hair tied to their armour and such. I'd be careful not to overdo it though as you'll end up with space puppies.

There was some fluff that also said all white scars bore a facial scar.

Another thing i remember from watching Mongol was the impressive sight of a mass of spears and banners floating a top the cavalry. Incorporating long spears and flag poles into your bike units may help to create a more striking unit.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Animal furs and trophies will help them stand out a bit more, locks of horse hair tied to their armour and such. I'd be careful not to overdo it though as you'll end up with space puppies.

There was some fluff that also said all white scars bore a facial scar.

Another thing i remember from watching Mongol was the impressive sight of a mass of spears and banners floating a top the cavalry. Incorporating long spears and flag poles into your bike units may help to create a more striking unit.
aye :p i will have to be careful not to re-create space puppies :p

ah, spears, nice one. i think the majority of their power weapons will have to be spears :D

also, this will be a crusade force, so lots of flags and banners (will be starting up a project log for theseguys and my sallies in a couple of weeks :D)

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how about rucksacks and stuff tied too thhere bikes. mongools are a nomadic pepoel and you said your roce is on a campain?
ah! nice one, i have alot of baggage from my ig, that should be quite easy :D

thanks!

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Very true. I'm actually awaiting delivery of the WS bikers to use as swift claws for my puppies. They are just too similar.:victory:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I would suggest using CSM bits for topnots. The aspiring champ torso has chainmail but is standing up and not sat down so would need some gs work or something. I'd bits and kits it up. The 3rd ed Space Marie codex if memory serves <book case sooo far away> has a White Scars bake with hunting lance so maybe one per Sgt. could be cool?

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
I wouldn't use Chainmail. It was hard to form them ringlets - instead, overlapping scales of boiled leather was the atypical armour, while the greatest warriors (Bondsmen) were granted the right to wear overlapping scales of iron sewn into silk.

An example style of armour is that of the High Elves, although leather based. Might be worth giving the bare headed warriors a drooptache with little bits of greenstuff.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
as long as the drooptash refers to handelbar mustached, im onboard :p

also, i chose chainmail because it is light armour for a space marine :p

also, i dont know how i'd make leather look different from dirty cloth :/

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Well, leather scales, I mean.

Check out the horses armour. Instead of painting it like metal, it should be more of a dusty brown, the lower edges hyper highlighted to a dirty yellow, while the inner still keeps much of the colour (from dirty, and hidden from the bleaching effect of the sun).

And not this handlebar

But more in the style of a fu manchu.

Although Chinese in origin, it's suitably oriental to be instantly White Scars recognizable.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ah rite, cool. thanks for the tips :D

and i was talking more of a hell's angels' handelbar tashe :p

like the fu manchu but thicker

1 - 12 of 12 Posts