Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

This is a follow up list to a 1000pt army based on silly self imposed rules involving model and theme preferences. After reading a bunch of fluff I am very interested in doing a purely undivided force, with no magic. I like the idea that the blessings of the gods and magic are few and far between. Furthermore, I do not like the marauder infantry models so no foot marauders.

Exalted Hero
Add. Hand weapon, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Soul Feeder

24 Chaos Warriors
Shields, FC

10 Warhounds
Vanguard, Mutant poisons

5 Marauder Horsemen
Javelins, Shields

5 Marauder Horsemen
Javelins, Shields

Hellcannon

993pts

Pretty standard in most respects. The hounds and horsemen hunt warmachines, and light units. If they can I wouldn't mind the hounds getting a rear or flank charge on an elite unit or two with their poison. The Warriors are the core of the army however, and at this points level only large elite units will be able to take them on. Hellcannon to kill anything and everything.

I am aware that the champion will not be able to use his shield in combat. It is just 5 points I had spare and the model I am actually using to represent him is the games day model with the two axes and shield on his back so it kind of fits.

C&C appreciated!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Not bad. The only thing I'd try to do would be to get musos for the cav so that you can do the bait and flee a bit more reliably (muso adds +1Ld when trying to rally) and maybe split the hounds into 2 units of 5 for an extra deployment drop.

Otherwise ... hope that someone doesn't bring a lvl 4 to a 1K game. I see it all the time. Luckily, WoC are one of those armies that have an OK chance w/ no magic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts