Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
The 18th Legion, or Salamanders, are a new army I'm going to be building, but I didn't want to do something so "vanilla and boring" as basic salamanders, so I figured why not go for the the polar opposite of fire, and instead base this army off of ice? With regards to basing the army I plan to use Secret Weapon Miniatures' "Runic Mountain" series of bases, and to use snow flock on top of these to make the chapter almost Space Wolf like. Although the similarities shall stop there as I, quite frankly, hate a lot of the Space Wolf sculpts, which is a shame since, ya know, Vikings… IN SPESSSSS!
Anyway, I wanted to keep in the green (since I already have most of the paints needed due to Necrons :) ), although silver with a blue tinge wouldn't be out of the question :p , but I also wanted to include some purple in this sort of style:

http://chatteringhorde.blogspot.jp/2012/09/how-to-paint-swordmasters-of-hoeth.html

Not too much of it, but enough to make some sort of impact. Also, with regards to the weapons, I ave no idea how the hell to make them cold rather than hot, help? :p
Any opinions on whether this would look any good would be greatly appreciated :D

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Sounds good so far, you could even go so far as having actual blue flames coming out of the ends of flame weapons, i've seen people use hair to represent flames when they couldn't sculpt their own. It's a challenge to paint properly but looks awesome if you pull it off.

As a heads up XXVIII would be 28, XVIII = 18

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.