Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
The 18th Legion, or Salamanders, are a new army I'm going to be building, but I didn't want to do something so "vanilla and boring" as basic salamanders, so I figured why not go for the the polar opposite of fire, and instead base this army off of ice? With regards to basing the army I plan to use Secret Weapon Miniatures' "Runic Mountain" series of bases, and to use snow flock on top of these to make the chapter almost Space Wolf like. Although the similarities shall stop there as I, quite frankly, hate a lot of the Space Wolf sculpts, which is a shame since, ya know, Vikings… IN SPESSSSS!
Anyway, I wanted to keep in the green (since I already have most of the paints needed due to Necrons :) ), although silver with a blue tinge wouldn't be out of the question :p , but I also wanted to include some purple in this sort of style:

http://chatteringhorde.blogspot.jp/2012/09/how-to-paint-swordmasters-of-hoeth.html

Not too much of it, but enough to make some sort of impact. Also, with regards to the weapons, I ave no idea how the hell to make them cold rather than hot, help? :p
Any opinions on whether this would look any good would be greatly appreciated :D

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Well the Space Wolves are largely based around "cold" with a cool color pallete, and living on a mostly barren ice world. They also have Frost Blades and Frost Axes instead of Power Swords and Power Axes.

But outside of that I'm not really sure how to make the weapons look "cold" instead of "hot". Perhaps blue flames?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's basically what I was thinking as well :p

So do you think the minis would look good as salamanders with purple trim and blue fire, based on mountainous area with snow?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts