• They're all pansies! Death to Elves!

Votes: 42 36.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
I hate HE with a passion, it just seems a stupid idea for an army- universal ASF means that some armies are totally screwed as soon as they start the game (esp ogres) while those that rely on shooting are just laughing at the expensive casualities their shooting causes.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I hate HEs most, though i generaly hate all elves. Dark elves are ok ish, but theyre elves. High elves are just everything i despise, and i cant find anything appealing in a wood elf. It was so satisfying, my first game i took 3000 points of chaos, and battered the high elves senseless, cutting down all the ones that ran away. I wish Archaon and his chosen knights were still around.. :/

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
It's good to see others with a healthy distaste for Elves. Although most don't hate them to the degree I do, it's good that there are more Elf-haters.

·
Registered
276 Posts
*mutters distractedly under his beard about "wood-loving pansies that don't know how to hold a hammer right" and then goes back to drinking Bugman's and throwing darts in a picture of an elf wearing white robes, a black helmet, and standing in a forest*

Gotta hate all those treacherous, beardless, pansies! Not content to betray their allies, they had to go and betray themselves a couple times!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Death to the Beard Shavers!!!!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
As a Lizzie, we hate everyone(and I mean EVERYONE) that tries to plunder us... Mostly Chaos though. But Dark Elves are the worst due to them allying with the forces of Chaos during the siege of... What was it, Ch-something or other.

Also, Dark Elves are known for plundering Lustria.

High Elves are the best, for helping defeat Chaos in the first war after the Great Cataclysm. Us Lizzies also still lend our magical power to keeping the magical vortex that keeps the forces of Chaos from exploding forth into the entire world, killing all who oppose them.

·
Registered
222 Posts
That happened before, remember? It didn't go too well for the Elves, but in the end they stomped the proverbial sh!t out of the Chaos hordes. :p

Really though, if it weren't for a heroic last stand to protect a coven of the best mages to ever grace the Warhammer World (quite possibly able to quell the winds of magic from even Lord Kroak), then Chaos would have won that stand, and a war of attrition would have certainly wiped every last sentient organism from the world at that point. :alcoholic:

With that, it's obvious I'm a big fan of High Elves. They're the defenders of the great Vortex, the ones who allow all the other races to walk without wading through pure Chaos. They're a dire necessity to the world (not so much for Chaos, though).

Dark Elves are corrupted and disengaged from their elven civility, though they stand in stark balance to the High Elves. The Dark Elves also serve to mitigate the Chaos tides that wish to travel southward by land. With ease, mind you. Hence they actively limit the Chaos forces, while acting as a balancing party for others abroad. Dark Elf raids are quite fearsome, from what I gather. :grin:

Wood Elves, on the other hand, only fend off the Beastmen from invading their own forests. They rarely lend aid in any form to any other faction. They play a strategic defense for their own purposes. Should the rest of the world be enveloped by Chaos, and the woods of Athel Loren go unnoticed by the vast hordes, they won't care.

Hence, I argue that the Wood Elves have the least importance in the Warhammer World, so I vote they are the "worst kind of Elves." Don't think I'm saying I despise the Wood Elves. Rather, I respect the idea of Woodland Elves. They're a splinter faction of the High Elves, after all, and I like the idea that the Wood and High Elves could pose a stand with the humans of the Old World should the need arise (and the Wood Elves be pulled into the affairs of others...).
I agree but not with the wood elf bit they are as much defenders of the world as either of the others because atheloren is the largest forest in the old world and i meen if you think, your denying the enemy a huge swathe their land to move troops through, and what if they didn't know about the wood elves? then they would risk loosing an entire army to their mistake. So i'm saying don't underestimate their strategic value.:)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Wheter they live in a forest, on an isle or at the border of the Chaos Wastes, they all shall fall to the sword of chaos and the axe of the orcs. One day, their fragile bodies will be trampeled in the red mud beneath the hoofs and feet of Warriors in twice their numbers. The World belongs to Chaos, which shall eventually claim it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
High Elves are the worst...no question, arrogant A-holes....
(I play both D.E and W.E btw)
1) they deny the witch-king his rightful throne....
2) they called us asrai to fight a war that they started...
3) they are dicks :D
4) I just want them all to die :laugh:

and to anyone who is a dwarf/chaos/ork/anything else other than elves.... you can beat the H.E 'fairies' (as my Dwarf dad calls em :D) but there is NO way you can defeat the superior might of the witch-king

and the best thing about W.E.... before you've got round to thinking your in a forest....your in deep DEEP sh*t

·
Registered
211 Posts
I voted that I have a distaste for all elves. I do however not hate elves for anything from warhammer ... comes from my D&D group (All some damn form of elf, except for my manly half-orc) and their characters show it ...

Since that I've hated all elves, though I suppose I don't hate the wood elves that much (their don't mess with me lifestyle is cool, even if it is for protecting a bunch of trees).

And yes, I hate DE most. The best I could describe them without seeming a thrashing pile of carniverous jello is with the phrase "They are asshats."

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Haha! the armies of Warhammer shall gather together and destroy the elves in a major bout of Nerd Rage!!! Death to Elves!

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Wood Elves. M4 marauder blocks with no armour and frenzy versus M5 skirmishing S4 archers = bad mix.

Gimme tree spirits any day, but I get sick of merry-go-round.

As for fluff, High Elves. Too insular. Yes. Far more so than Wood Elves.

The greatest High Elves (Teclis, Aenarion, Caledor) see the strength in alliance, and hence, have saved the world (Teclis with the Humans, Aenarion with uniting the Elven Factions, and Caledor with the Dragons) perhaps many times over due to what they've done. However the rest of the people - for example the Phoenix Kings, seem to think that the best way to survive is to run away - until there is no more away to run to. Who's got the skill to wield the Sword of Aenarion? I'm sorry, but Tyrion? Really? That's about as likely as a Farmboy being Sigmar reincarnate and walking up to Karl Franz, and picking up his Hammer.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
That's about as likely as a Farmboy being Sigmar reincarnate and walking up to Karl Franz, and picking up his Hammer.
I see what you did there.:biggrin:

·
Registered
189 Posts
High elves are weak and must crumble!!

Glory to Khaine!!

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Hate to admit this but a while ago I voted for HE on this poll.... and now I have a HE army- honest it wasnt my choice :p

·
Registered
736 Posts
that's actually quite a tricky choice.

of course, for the longest time it has been Wood Elves, but their lastest incarnation actually managed to led them some dark and sinister nature, where before they'd always been depicted as tree hugging losers.

Dark Elves have always been in the middle ground, resting only just above overtly repellent, because of their more manly armour and weapons.

so i guess that these days the High Elves are probably the biggest bunch of sissies, because they are still as girly as they have ever been (though that is less girly than the Wood Elves used to be).

however, i've voted for all of them, because, although they can be ranked in order of more or less manly, the difference is minute and is only as relevant as saying Gok Wan is less butch than Dale Winton.

·
Heresy's Graphics Slave
1,746 Posts
I like all the Elves, and would happily collect all 3. I have a decent sized Dark Elf army, and the makings of a Shadowland/Nagarythe High Elf army (they wear black FFS).

I like the Wood Elves least, but that's not saying much.

·
Registered
240 Posts
How are the wood elves not the worst they are a bunch of over protective enviermentilists - If you talk to trees 9 times out of 10 you are crazy the other one time you are really really drunk!

21 - 40 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.