Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What first started as an entertaining idea developed into something which I think could be a very tactical and interesting force. The basic idea is a Reaver racing arena who have as their grand finale a mega-race: straight through a webway portal and then once around the surface of an unfortunate planet, performing as many impressive stunts and slaughterings as possible on the way. The project was the brainchild of the mysterious Velocity Queen, who, since the codex isn't awesome enough, I've had to represent with an Eldar Autarch.

The Velocity Queen 110
Eldar Autarch, Jetbike, Laser Lance, Fusion Gun, Banshee Mask

The Blademaidens 187
7 Reavers, 2 Cluster Caltrops,
1 Blaster
1 Heat Lance
Arena Champion
Power Sword

The Scarlet Screaming Streaks 197

7 Reavers
2 Cluster Caltrops
1 Blaster
1 Heat Lance
Arena Champion
Agoniser

The Sky Kings 171
6 Reavers
2 Cluster Caltrops
1 Blaster
1 Heat Lance
Arena Champion
Power Sword

Silent Night 155
Razorwing Jetfighter
Dark Lances
Night shields

The Shatter Devils of Scaethendra 99
4 Reavers
Cluster Caltrops
Heat Lance
Arena Champion

The Dead Divers 83

3 Reavers
Heat Lance
Cluster Caltrops
Arena Champion

Total 1002pts.

The army does fantastically for manouvreability, average for durability (although a 3+ jink save should help a little), and can do some horrible damage on the charge. However, if they get charged or stick around in combat too long, they will die too, too easily. Hit and Run can help with that, and Skilled Rider means they can hang around in cover as much as they want. There are no troops and the army is unbound, so no objective secured, but I can use my speed to claim just about any uncontested objective with ease. Overall I mainly just love the idea of a race taking place on the battlefield, but I'd appreciate some C&C on how they'd play. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
That's pretty cool. You could always make it bound by switching out a squad of the reaver for two squads of Eldar jetbikes, and adding in an archon/haemi in a venom as a judge/ref.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts