1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
533 Posts
What's the background to this? Is this after the heresy? Why did they fight?

I loved that story about Angron and Russ fighting. If that had never happened it would have been one of the fights I'd have most wanted to hear about. Maybe Russ and pre daemon Fulgrim too

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I don't think this is about Dulan, but rather one of the honour duels that are fought by Space Wolves and Dark Angels, whenever they cross paths.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think this is about Dulan, but rather one of the honour duels that are fought by Space Wolves and Dark Angels, whenever they cross paths.
Unfortunately after looking at his FB page I have to say you are right.

ADB said:
Not the exact "Lion and the Wolf", Nikki (though I've begged more than once in HH meetings).

The traditional duel both Chapters fight when they meet.
So this is going to be about the traditional duel between Space Wolf and Dark Angel Champions whenever the two Chapters fight in the same warzone. Should still be interesting.

LotN

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
The wrestling for 'a day and a night' sounds a bit silly and biblical. I look forward to the book anyway!
They could easily retcon the fight into something more realistic. The Lion and Russ argue, have a good brawl for a more plausible length of time. Russ finds humour in how silly the situation is and starts laughing. The Lion punches him. The fun part would be reading how the authour writes the legion interaction and the build-up events. How Space Wolves and Dark Angels react as their primarchs throw their temper tantrums. So much possibility...

This champion vs. champion duel is great of course too. Do their champions usually fight to the death?

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
More on this on his blog today. Not a Heresy story apparently.

As for what I’m writing right now, it’s a cross between picking the nits off sections of The Lord Inquisitor: Prologue, and something non-Heresy-related that has the following words featuring pretty heavily: “Blackmane”, “Space”, “Wolves”, “Dark”, and last but not least, “Angels“.
I am saying a prayer to all that's holy and unholy that he has taken up the job of finishing the Ragnar books.

Another interesting tidbit. Really looking forward to some webway action.

Thirdly, I’m up to my throat in the delicious back and forth of Heresy planning, as Master of Mankind pounds its way towards its inevitable, eventual realisation. I had an early Skype call with Nick (of Clan Kyme) this very morning, throwing specifics at each other for… various projects… and there’s been a mountain of emails, text messages, and Facebook chatter between me, Laurie, and John French regarding the details of the Emperor, the Webway, and the girls and guys shedding blood in its webbish, wayish tunnels.
http://aarondembskibowden.wordpress.com/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.