Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought "The Witcher 2" today. As of yet havent played the game will up date when I do . But have been playing is a Sound track CD which came with the game, so far music is fairly cool, sounds a bit like Enya from the "lord of the rings" soundtracks so epicness.

·
Grr! That is all.
595 Posts
Bought "The Witcher 2" today. As of yet havent played the game will up date when I do . But have been playing is a Sound track CD which came with the game, so far music is fairly cool, sounds a bit like Enya from the "lord of the rings" soundtracks so epicness.
Played the first one and it was pretty good. Word is that the second is even better. You going to write a review?

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eventually once i play it a bit more. Have done a bit of the game not enjoying it too much mainly the different combat style with the relying on pressing multiple buttons in different locations, will practice a bit more then comprehensive review. Out of what I've done so far the interaction screens are easy enough to use, crafting of potions and bombs is easy enough but in comparison to some games say skyrim have better interactions.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well heres my little bit of a review still short though, because i really cannot get my head around these combat controls dont know what about it stumps me but i cannot do it.

Well as to the review from what i played the game is good story is evocative, entrancing and interesting, it appears to be building off the end of the first game and sets up for a good game. The interfaces as mentioned earlier are surpassed by other games ive played but look good and work to some extent. Combat controls are where this game escapes me using the D pad to select spells and weapons while not compleatly pauseing the game (does some kind of slow time thing). Allows you to select spells and weapons to tailor to slay your foe but in my battles it seemed to be that you nearly had to tailor what you were doing exactly to your foes almost like some earlier arcade games in my opinion (maths invaders comes to mind but is not that simple), this could be a good mechanic but clashed with me. Along with the default and optional controls having to press buttons which almost felt out of reach because of the awkward grips (maybe thats just me or its the game im not sure).

Video and graphics were good particularlly in some of the cut scenes, but as discribed by the rating MA in australia had some violence and graphic images (some of the fairer sex if you know what i mean)

As to what I think of the game? It seems to be a good game but i might suggest if you can rent it or borrow it from someone do that first before buying it to see if you have control proablems.

That is all. Does that satisfy you WaLK Away?

·
Grr! That is all.
595 Posts
Well heres my little bit of a review still short though, because i really cannot get my head around these combat controls dont know what about it stumps me but i cannot do it.

Well as to the review from what i played the game is good story is evocative, entrancing and interesting, it appears to be building off the end of the first game and sets up for a good game. The interfaces as mentioned earlier are surpassed by other games ive played but look good and work to some extent. Combat controls are where this game escapes me using the D pad to select spells and weapons while not compleatly pauseing the game (does some kind of slow time thing). Allows you to select spells and weapons to tailor to slay your foe but in my battles it seemed to be that you nearly had to tailor what you were doing exactly to your foes almost like some earlier arcade games in my opinion (maths invaders comes to mind but is not that simple), this could be a good mechanic but clashed with me. Along with the default and optional controls having to press buttons which almost felt out of reach because of the awkward grips (maybe thats just me or its the game im not sure).

Video and graphics were good particularlly in some of the cut scenes, but as discribed by the rating MA in australia had some violence and graphic images (some of the fairer sex if you know what i mean)

As to what I think of the game? It seems to be a good game but i might suggest if you can rent it or borrow it from someone do that first before buying it to see if you have control proablems.

That is all. Does that satisfy you WaLK Away?
Yes sir/maam that is a good enough review for me. Thank you. :)

·
Grr! That is all.
595 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts