Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Hello folks, I hope you are well!

My name is John, I am a painter from Liverpool and I run painting workshops in the UK under the banner The Weekend Workshop. The purpose behind The Weekend Workshop is to allow painters in the UK to learn skills and techniques from some of the best painters in the world at a very reasonable price.

On top of that I also want to help build a community of painters who are going to support and push each other to improve their painting skills so they can get more out of the hobby they love.
Part of that community building is reaching out to new communities and showing people what TWW has been doing the last few years and what we are doing at now and hope people want to get involved! Hersey was the one of the forums that helped me out when I was first getting in to competitive painting and I wanted to come back and re-introduce myself and introduce everyone to the community I have been building.

TWW has been going now for about 3 years, I have been running 2 day painting workshops in both Liverpool and Cambridge, although next year I want to add more places to that list, we have had some of the best painters in the world teach workshop, including Alfonso Giraldes (Banshee), Elias Alonso (Lead painter for Scale 75) and Rafa Garcia Marin (Volomir). We have covered a huge amount of topics in the last few years, (OSL, freehand, NMM, true metallics, painting skin, painting monster flesh,) and we have had a variety of skill and experience levels attend, from competitive painters, to gamers to the chap who likes to spend a few hours on the weekend painting.

If you’d like to find out more about The Weekend Workshop, visit our website, there you will find details of upcoming workshops, (like the airbrush and weathering workshop I am teaching at the end of October), pictures of previous workshops, pupil comments and reviews. You can also find us on Facebook.

Thanks John

Also, PS! If you’d like to see of my models, check out Putty and Paint

1 - 1 of 1 Posts