Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hmm toughie, Its well accepted that if ever an ork leader rose that could unite them all the galaxy would fall to them.

The nids constantly evolve to face new threats posed to them but whether they can evolve fast enough ahead of how fast they die remains to be seen.

The Necron gods cant be killed to my knowledge and their troops self repair, in theory they could just out last everyone else.

The tau are too innocent, too pure, in my opinion they are poised for a huge fall- sort of like the horus heresy (but without so much chaos).

Chaos can only corrupt and enslave. I dont think they could pull it off and they will always need people to praise them to keep them fed on our emotions.

The imperium is just self destructing. They are on the backfoot here and there doesnt seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel for them.

The eldar and dark eldar are just meh. Who the hell cares. It certainly isnt going to be them.

I'd go with orks. they are the cockroaches of the galaxy, you cant get rid of them and they reproduce faster than any other race. WAAAAAGH

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
I think that the Imperium will eventually fall...by it's own design. Every empire eventually WILL fall. Either by the sword or the slow decay of time (stolen from LOTR if you didn't catch that). In the end, I think that none of them will really win. The Tau are going to be obliterated by the Tyranids, who in turn will stamp out most of the Orks before being destroyed by the Necrons, who, undoubtably being unable to control the Warp or the Eldar Webway, will simply go back to their tomb worlds, leaving the galaxy as it was before Man. Chaos vs. Eldar.

The real thing is the Tyranids will NEVER be able to conquer the universe, as ANY prolonged campaign against the Necrons will destroy them. Most of the Tyranid weapons require living flesh, and the losses suffered against the crons' would never be recoverable by the Tyranids due to Necrons being made out of metal. Also, Chaos will never die. You can't kill an idea, after all, so even if EVERY chaos worshipper is killed (nearly impossible, as many live in the Eye of Terror, where no mortal army would ever last a day), the Chaos gods, faith, and Demons will live on. Humanity itself will survive, but the Imperium as a whole will die. Unless the Tyranids overrun the entire galaxy, or the Necrons get off the toilet and go to a full-scale war, nothing is going to come close to putting a dent in Humanity. But, as a nature, humans rebel against authority. I think that unless a second Horus Heresy were to give Chaos an unopposed shot at Terra, they're never going to win the Long War.

-Dirge

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Fluffwise, don't hive and tomb ships avoid one another?
Nid:Damn necron, no meat.
Cron:Damn nid, no soul.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Of course Orks could always bend to the will of the Chaos Gods I mean the gifts they'd recieve would keep them nice and happy and they would be an unstoppable force I mean unending tides Of of chaos Orks now that would be cool.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I think that the Imperium will eventually fall...by it's own design. Every empire eventually WILL fall. Either by the sword or the slow decay of time (stolen from LOTR if you didn't catch that). In the end, I think that none of them will really win. The Tau are going to be obliterated by the Tyranids, who in turn will stamp out most of the Orks before being destroyed by the Necrons, who, undoubtably being unable to control the Warp or the Eldar Webway, will simply go back to their tomb worlds, leaving the galaxy as it was before Man. Chaos vs. Eldar.

The real thing is the Tyranids will NEVER be able to conquer the universe, as ANY prolonged campaign against the Necrons will destroy them. Most of the Tyranid weapons require living flesh, and the losses suffered against the crons' would never be recoverable by the Tyranids due to Necrons being made out of metal. Also, Chaos will never die. You can't kill an idea, after all, so even if EVERY chaos worshipper is killed (nearly impossible, as many live in the Eye of Terror, where no mortal army would ever last a day), the Chaos gods, faith, and Demons will live on. Humanity itself will survive, but the Imperium as a whole will die. Unless the Tyranids overrun the entire galaxy, or the Necrons get off the toilet and go to a full-scale war, nothing is going to come close to putting a dent in Humanity. But, as a nature, humans rebel against authority. I think that unless a second Horus Heresy were to give Chaos an unopposed shot at Terra, they're never going to win the Long War.

-Dirge
I'd like to use that bit about chaos to say that the will of chaos could easily bend Space Orks minds towards its own means I dunno why they don't try it.

·
Registered
995 Posts
da boyz is boyz. Bein Orky is all they kin be. Spikey boyz don't phase dem.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
I'd like to use that bit about chaos to say that the will of chaos could easily bend Space Orks minds towards its own means I dunno why they don't try it.
They have. There was a Khorne Ork army a while back, and a guy who frequents my GW has a Nurgle Ork list. Orks are simply so many that Chaos can't warp them all.

-Dirge

·
Registered
995 Posts
Like I said. Orks like being Orks. Therefore Orks win. And lose. Go Dolphins!

·
Registered
995 Posts
They're short. They're bearded. They ride motor cycles. They are the Hell's Angels of the galaxy!

·
Registered
103 Posts
technically, it would have to be the nids.
they came from another galaxy (I'm pretty sure) which is such a MASSIVE distance it means their technology must be much more advanced than ours.
Also, apparently they've already taken out a few galaxies, and with each one they destroy they just get stronger.
I think all the other races should thank their lucky stars that the tyranids haven't zerg rushed yet.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
I'm still thinking no one will win. Chaos and the Necrons can't be destroyed, and the Necrons can't invade the Craftworlds, so Eldar will probably still be around.

-Dirge

1 - 20 of 46 Posts