Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Alexandria is a hell of a lot more interesting than hours at a time devoted to "shit's fucked up, here's how people are crying about it". Last two episodes have been a solid comeback from that from my view, though I'm still at a loss about what's going to happen with the last two episodes or if I really care.

Carol's feeding Rick some dark shit, and he listens because FUCK they have been through some shit. He's had to bite someone's throat out so he could rescue his son from being raped (and the rest of the group, but let's focus on just blood-family)....let's not forget that. That damn priest needs to seek a cliff, I've no patience for religious nonsense in the best of scenarios and now that he's spouting off shit about satan and ripping pages out of a bible I'm even less down. Aside from that these soft bitches in Alexandria need to shut their collective mouths and know their damn roles after the amount of bullshit they caused last episode.

Where the hell is the dude from Season 1 that was following them?!?!???

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Holy shit, seeing Noah get ripped apart in front of Glen was intense.

I'm really liking this season, definitely shaking up what had become a pretty stagnant show. Honestly, at some points I like it better than the comic.

Where the hell is the dude from Season 1 that was following them?!?!???
Yeah! WTF? Would be cool if he got his own episode, or part of one or something. I really like that actor.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
All in all, that was a good episode. Went into it like I do every year: who's going to die this time? But was hugely suprised that no one important died. Really wanted Glenn to kill Nicholas. Hate that guy. Jeb (Deanna's husband) was a useless death. But "porch dick" paid for it.
Looking forward to seeing more of Morgan. Been teasing him along for awhile now.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I assume this was also the first sighting of Negan that we've found, the dude with black hair that Negan incapacitated and who now has pictures of Alexandria?

I agree with such a happy ending to Season 5 that Season 6 will likely start with some brutality.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
That's actually the name of the spin off show, eh? I saw the 15 second trailer...wasn't anything special aside from that I guess it's going to detail the outbreak instead of the aftermath (since the show started with Rick waking up well after whole cities had been wiped out). Hopefully they pulled their heads out of their asses for the meat of the show because I seriously thought that name was just the catch phrase. Every group of people we've come across so far has a different name for zombies but the titles of the shows that take place on opposite coasts have almost identical names...just feels lazy.

EDIT: I am indeed looking forward to seeing what is done with it.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Season 6 is certainly back with a bang. Two episodes in and we've already had more action than the whole of season 5. Do you think they can maintain this level for the whole season?
If they could ever, they could now, since they've established A. there's a BAD human threat, and B. there's a BAD walker threat.

That makes for the perfect drama of Rickers Crew + undertrained Alexandrians Vs "The Wolves" ALL OF THEM vs super walker horde now loosed upon the region.

So the way they've set it up, they're all quite fucked as for peace and quiet. If the wolves aren't banging down their doors, then the horde of walkers will be.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Season 6 is certainly back with a bang. Two episodes in and we've already had more action than the whole of season 5. Do you think they can maintain this level for the whole season?

Huh? The start of season 5 we had the amazing break out from Terminus. Carol and Rick killing almost everyone in sight. We then had the epic conclusion to the hunters, with Rick fulfilling his 'red handled machete' promise. Let's not forget the 'You can't go back Bob' and 'Shhhhhhut upppp' when he kills Officer Bob.

Season 5 opening episode was probably the best one along with the pilot itself.

I am still loving season 6 btw. But look at S5. It started off with a ton of action, just as much, if not more then what we've seen so far from S6, and it then gradually just lowered the pace again.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Yeah, Terminus was good, but on the whole last season dragged a bit after a great start. For me this last episode is the best one yet in all six seasons, and by the looks of things now there's enough in it to maintain this level at least until the med season break.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts