Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In between commission projects I'm been slowly working on a Tyranid army for use by the studio. Having just finished the first unit I thought I'd start up a thread so people can take a look and follow along as the army grows.

I didn't want to use any of the usual GW colour schemes so the first thing I did was whip out the colour wheel and choose a selection of complimentary and contrasting colours. Then after a couple of test miniatures to iron out the specifics I settled on a scheme that I was happy with.

The first unit completed was a 10 strong unit of Termagants:

and here are some shots with scenery in the background:

Now that those are all sorted I'll be working on a Flying Hive Tyrant followed by a Tervigon which will round out a 500pts list.

I've also been trying to come up with a Hive Fleet name but I'm a bit stumped atm. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Interesting colors. A bit too garish for my taste but they look painted well enough. Have you seen Blue Table Painting's studio Tyranids? They have a similar scheme but are much more chromatic.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We decided to go with Hive Fleet Tiamat in the end.

Just finished up a Flying Hive Tyrant with converted twin linked devourers to lead the army:

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much :) A unique scheme was one of the things I really wanted to do with this army and I think it's paid off well.

Here's a shot of some Gargoyles I've got done recently.

Just another 28 to go now......

·
Registered
272 Posts
Very nice palette you chose. Well matched and it fits the grim nature of 40k. They'll look very good when tabled together.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Tremendous application of colour theory with a retro style to boot! Maintaining unison across multiple miniatures is always a challenge; one in which you've done very well :)

- .Bragg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts