Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
310 Posts
Sanderson Carus smiled feeling the ship exiting the Immeterium. His eye twitched as they entered 'real-space' completely. "Thanks be to the Emperor," he said standing. The room was larger than he was accustomed to, but that did not matter. All of his belongings were sitting around the only chair in the room. He was prepared to leave even before the vox came to life. Sanderson's smile remained as he stood by the doorway. He hunched down, adjusted an aged hat over his head, and leaned heavily on his staff, then opened the door.

Most of the journey Sanderson had kept to himself. As he made his way there were the crewmen trying supplement their income. As he entered the docking bay he finally took notice of one salesman.
"You look like someone who has seen many things," the man said, "Have you ever tried some Andrasian Blue?" Sanderson's head twitched to one side as he whispered. "Andrasian Blue," he asked. The man produced a small pack. "10 thrones," the man said. "Can I try one," Sanderson asked as he began to smile again. The salesman pulled one free. Sanderson placed it in his mouth and flicked something in his hand until he got a flame. As he did he giggled to himself. "Humm," he said blowing smoke out, "I like it. But I don't have 10 thrones,*twitch* how about 3." One of the men was staring wide eyed as he saw what this old man had in his hand. "How about 10 old man," the salesman said. His friend was tapping him on the shoulder. "Joe, you might want to give it to him," he said. "Shut it Dave," he said over his shoulder. "3," Sanderson said slightly more forcefully. "10 and i don't clock ya." "Joe..." "WHAT," the man said. His friend pointed. Sanderson was standing there with flames coating his thumb. The salesman was suddenly in shock. "Three," the man finally asked. "Yes," Sanderson said. A moment later they were gone. The psyker could barely contain his laughter as he walked onto the shuttle.

· Registered
310 Posts
Sanderson “Twitch” Carus

From his seat Sanderson could hear some of the conversation. The two men were friends, that was an easy read. The other man was harder to get a handle on. Warrior he finally decided on. Not a proper guardsman he would guess he didn't hold himself right. There were also two others that stuck out against the other occupants. He smiled. There was worry and fear coming off one in waves. First though he needed to do something.

"Gentlemen," Sanderson said approaching the three men. He shook his head slightly. "I could not help but overhear your conversation. I take it you are guards, or mercenaries of some kind. *head twitches slightly* Good good to know you brave men are here. Hired by some noble I take it," Sanderson reached into a pocket and produced a small cigarette box. "To your health," the psyker says handing one man the box before heading toward an open seat.
Inside is 3 rolled tubes of paper appearing to be cigarettes and a folded piece of paper. The note on the paper reads: We know not our foes or their allies, and information has a way of traveling. Think twice about what you say. Have a smoke I hear these are good.

"Mind if I sit here," Sanderson asked as he took the seat near the nervous man. "First flight," he asked pulling a small metal box out of his pocket, "It'll take the edge off." His hand twitched as he opened the box. Inside there were several cigarettes. "Have one, I insist," the psyker said to Spook.

· Registered
310 Posts
Sanderson “Twitch” Carus

Sanderson turned to another individual nearby. The man appeared to be in nice robes and held a small talisman in one hand. Twitch could tell he was some part of the Ecclesiarchy. “Smoke,” he asked offering the small metal box. “I say you appear to be rather far from home, *twitch* and here of all places. Mymymy must be important. Yesyes must be, must be.” Twitch smiled. “Why are you here? To see the shrines? I hear there are many.”

· Registered
310 Posts
Sanderson “Twitch” Carus

"Yesyes, you are a man of duty. I like you am a man of duty, and integrity. An interested party upon the planet's surface has asked for me *twitch*. Of this I have been sworn to secrecy. But you have said that there are those here who are dabbling with darkness *shivers slightly* or those who are ignorant of their position. That does not bode well my friend, not well nono," Sanderson moved closer to the man.
He twitched slightly as he whispered, "If you could help guide me friend. I do not wish to be drawn from the light. *shiver* Of what evils shall I be wary?"
Sanderson looked at the man with genuine concern. "I beg you, please tell."

· Registered
310 Posts
Sanderson “Twitch” Carus

"I thank you from the bottom of my heart," Sanderson replied. He too made the sign of the Aquilla.
"Good luck with your summons stranger. The Emperor Protects" "I wish you luck as well missionary," he twitched slightly as he took his seat, "May you always carry forth the torch of the Emperor, and destroy all shadows in your path." He bowed his head slightly, and buckled himself in.

As the shuttle began to rock Sanderson twitched and looked at the man next to him. "No worries friend," he said calmly. There was a sudden shiver that went down his spine."Think of it as sailing on the ocean," Sanderson said nodding slightly. Somewhere in his mind he wanted to add, right before you are swallowed by a wave.

· Registered
310 Posts
Sanderson “Twitch” Carus

Sanderson stepped off the shuttle. The locals were already trying to catch everyone's attention. Several of the officers were already walking to the the stalls. Sanderson had other plans. "Not so bad was it," he asked Spook as they began to walk. He twitched slightly and looked for a mark. Finaly he saw one.
"Good day," he began. His aim was a man moving between the stalls. "You appear to be a man who knows things. *twitch* Might I ask you a favor?" Sanderson smiled as he approached, "Been aboard ship some time, and was wondering where a man might find some information." He twitched slightly as he waited for the reply.

· Registered
310 Posts
Sanderson “Twitch” Carus

Sanderson cursed under his breath as he walked away. The local had given him nothing. He looked around for a moment. The layout looked much like many of the other worlds he had visited. He still missed the feeling of his home in the stars. Spaceships had been his home. As he stood there it was hard to envision where he needed to go.

Sanderson’s eye twitched again. “Alright,” he whispered as he began to follow the flow of humanity. He followed several men carrying items. He could guess they were heading to the marketing district. This was his aim for two reasons. First there was always good information from people talking. Second most places with some merit were located where they were easy to find.

As he walked along Sanderson guessed he was on the right track. There were several other bars here. As the men took a very hard left turn Sanderson glanced around. There it was, The Bleeding Rose. He smiled as he turned toward the marketing district. He might not have long before they were expected, but there was always time to gather some information. Near his destination Twitch stopped against a wall and straitened himself up. As his back popped he smiled. “Time to go to work,” he whispered with a twitch. He aimed for a crowded weapons shop to listen for any spicy bits of information. Some time ago a wise old man had once told him, “If you wish to learn about problems of violence go to the source. Failing that find where the concerned people gather to defend themselves”

Twitch entered The Bleeding Rose late. As he scanned the bar looking for his fellow acolites. As he moved toward where several were located he was still milling over the information he had gathered. Most of it was useless, just idle chatter between people but somewhere in it was always somthing useful.

· Registered
310 Posts
Sanderson “Twitch” Carus

"And your name friend," Sanderson asked with a twitch on the left end of his lips. It tugged into the form of a slight smile that quickly disappeared again. In his balled fist slight heat grew. A reaction he had learned from his dealings on planets far from here. Many other men would have reached toward a gun, or moved a hand toward their combat blades. Sanderson had talents of a different kind.
As he watched this man Sanderson reached out with his witch sight probing for any kind of psychic activity. Another reaction he had learned nearly a sector away from here.

· Registered
310 Posts
Sanderson “Twitch” Carus

Sanderson turned. The fact this man had been trained in resisting probing was added proof in what he said. Still Sanderson did not give him all his trust, for that was a bond that would take time. He released the slight glow with a twitch.

"Hello," Twitch said as he approached Aleron. He knew this man was an acolyte or so he was told. "I believe you received the summons. *twitch* Our benefactor is located at the back." His eye twitched. "Though before we go to much farther, I believe that I have misplaced your names." Sanderson smiled as another man walked into the bar.

· Registered
310 Posts
Sanderson “Twitch” Carus

Sanderson watched as the men walked past. In such a hurry, always in a hurry. His eye twitched again. Why were so many people always in a hurry? He saw the man he sat next to on the shuttle. He was holding a bottle as he made is way over. That was more like it. There was a drink for each man on the table as Twitch sat. He sniffed the liquid. Strong and cheap good stuff. Sanderson placed the glass back on the table. A shiver went down his spine. “Cold, why are these worlds so cold,” he said at a whisper that was almost lost.

Slowly he reached into a pocket and pulled a small deck of cards free. “My friends,” he said with a smile. “Now that this many of us are here I wish to ask, have you ever had your fortune read? *twitch* It’s simple and painless. Here,” he fanned out the cards, “Pick three cards, any three. *shiver*” He smiled as he offered the cards toward everyone. “Pleaseplease if nothing else it passes the time.” As he waited his smile grew. “Is it cold to anyone else,” he asked as his eye twitched again.

· Registered
310 Posts
Sanderson “Twitch” Carus

Sanderson smiled slightly as three cards were taken. While it took many psykers years to perfect the art of futuresight. In truth all Sanderson ever did was read the person in front of him and then bend fate in a small degree to get the right cards to show.
The door swung open. Sanderson could feel the fear, as he did his eye twitched. "Now," he said placing the deck a few inches away. "Let me see." He twitched slightly.
He spread the three cards ahead of himself and flipped the first one. "This is your first venture from your home world."
He flipped the second. "You are here for pay, but money is not all you shall leave with."
He flipped the third. "There will be battles ahead, and you shall forge an alliance stronger than any contract."
Finally Twitch looked down at the cards. The first held a drawing of a traveler, the second a picture of several thrones, the last a drawing of several guardsmen. His eye twitched slightly again as he smiled. Thankfully it wasn't one of those times that none of the cards matched.
Sanderson glanced to the man and gaged his reaction. Now came the hard part. He pulled three more cards from the deck and flipped one face up. A blank card labled as 'The unknown.' "Your current task is unclear, and your foe is hidden from your eyes."
He turned the second card, as he did his head twitched slightly. It depiced a glass filled with a crimson liquid. "You will be tempted from your path possibley without knowing it, as the previous card is showing."
Sanderson flipped the last card. Death was depicted here. A sudden shivver went down his spine. He had seen these cards some time before. An old man on some distant world had read his fortune before. The same cards had shown themselves in the same order. The only difference was that the old man had told him a journey would be involved. His hand shook slightly as he wispered somthing incomprehensible. After a second of silence he spoke again. This time remembering some of the old man's words. "You will flirt with death, or if the case is fall from grace."

Sanderson reached to his deck and slid a card clear. He hoped that it might break the sudden dread he was feeling. "I do believe our friend there has run into some," he flipped the card, "trouble." He let to card depicting a running man fall to the table. As it did he suddenly got a feeling of foreboding. Something was going to happen soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.