Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
90 Posts
Spook shimmed up one of gantry support struts before swinging his leg over onto the gantry and making his way to the shuttle bay. He had been issued with officers’ quarters for the return trip home but they were too plush for his taste so he had left them in favour of “comfier” accommodation in the form of a hammock in the engineering section. He had chosen here for two reasons, firstly as this was his first trip through the void (in which he was conscious) he had found the experience most disturbing and the rumbling of the engine hid the uneasy feeling at the pit of his stomach. And secondly the massive engines, reactors and coolant plants reminded him of home.

He now made his way through the bowels of the ship, through the small gantries and corridors known only to those of the engineering crew who lived in the dark depths of the ship, he had spent the months in the warp wondering through the ship learning the passages and those who inhabited them. But now he had a job to do, so now he silently scrambled through the ship at full tilt passing mere feet from several crewmen without their knowledge.

He slipped into the hanger bay through a maintenance hatch before making his way to the back of group of Acolytes, smiling and nodding politely when they noticed his presences. When they weren’t looking he frowned, here away from the rumble of the engines it was like he could feel the ship flex beneath him though all logic he was told, told him that it wasn’t. How he longed to get his feet on solid ground.

· Registered
90 Posts
Spook strapped himself into the seat furthest to the back by the loading ramp, so he could be the first one off this "metal death trap". He seemed to go unnoticed by most of the other passengers. Something that wasn’t too bad, as since the shuttle took off his stomach felt like it was five paces behind him which was a most unsettling feeling to say the least. One of the other passengers had waved away a sickness tablet in favour of a cigar, Spook hand shoot up gesturing for the attendant to give him the tablet.

Once he took it he felt like his stomach had caught up with him until they hit the atmosphere and the shaking of the shuttle seemed to dislodge his stomach again and it felt like it swayed ten feet in whatever direction the shuttle lurched. He locked his jaw tight holding back the compliments of the officers’ mess.

· Registered
90 Posts
Spook waited in his seat, he had held in his lunch and after several other passengers to disembark, collecting himself before finally stabbing the harness release with his thumb, snatching his gear and bolting for the hatch. The smoky air caught him in the throat and in the gut causing him to wrench violently he ran around to the side of the hull and began vomiting on the one of the landing struts.

As he was finishing up one of the other passengers exited the craft muttered something to himself before heading to some important looking deadbeat "Hey mate you wouldn’t know where the Bleeding Rose bar is would ya?" he said to the man” the man gave him a sly look. It was a look Spook knew all too well, it was a look of a con man sizing up his next victim. Spook collected himself and walked forward and put his arm around the man’s shoulders “Rough flight eh friend? Come let me buy you a drink” as he did this he made a sure his knife hilt was visible and shot the man a evil smile. He got the hint and left.

· Registered
90 Posts
((OOC) sorry i've been taking a while to reply, but i'm having to go home at the weekends and my home internet is down. so i'll only be able to reply monday - friday. sorry for any inconvenience)

Spook walked in the bar behind the others, he’d kept quite gauging the others answering their questions with nods or thumb signs.

As he walked in he headed to the bar to sort out some drinks, he waited patiently while the barman finished off the order and walked over; he had to look twice before beaming broadly from ear to ear “Spook, Spook my lad not seen you nigh on a year and now you waltz in out of the blue, what can i get you?” Spook looked at the bar and wiped the sweat from his head while laughing. “Been on a job Zek , a big earner mate” he smiled and ordered a bottle of Gut rot whisky as well as several glasses.

He waited and watched the others start talking with a guy in the back corner who was acting the drunk, yet with an air of authority about him; Spook would bet good money that he was their contact.

He made his way over dodging drunks and tables as he went until he reached the others. He sat down at the table next to the man in black robes and pored the smoky, amber liquid into each of the glasses “here friends join me” he grinned pushing the glasses forward and handing one to the guy he had promised one to. He looked at the guy in the next table who was eyeing the bottle, he sighed “what the hell; here friend, here’s one for the road” he passed his glass to the man and then took a deep draft from the bottle. “so you guys here to meet someone?”

· Registered
90 Posts
Spook smiled as the man on the next table sniffed the Gut rot and downed it in one. Spook nodded in approval at the act before taking a pull from the bottle. After he placed the glass down, a shudder visibly running down his spine, he took a moment before addressing spook while pulling a deck of cards out of his pocket. “My friends,” he said with a smile. “Now that this many of us are here I wish to ask, have you ever had your fortune read?” he twitched mid sentence “It’s simple and painless. Here.” Spook eyes darted from the cards to the man’s eyes and back again behind his dark goggles trying to see this fellows angle, though giving no outward sign of his wariness, he had known many who plied the under hive as ‘fortune tellers’ and all had caused him trouble in the past.

Suddenly on guard he realised that the hairs on the back of his neck were prickling, something that usually only happened in the present of old H’ek a medicine man who was rumoured to be truly in touch with that that lay beyond. It had happed a few other times just before strange events occurred; a missionary had told him that it was a blessing from the Emperor, that he had gifted him with the instincts to detect witches and foul majiks. But he knew never to trust a priest at face value either.

After a moment’s pause he drew three cards and placed them face down on the table and pushed them towards the man. As he did the bar doors burst inwards and a rather distressed individual stumbled in, Spook recognised him off the shuttle “tourists” he snorted placing the bottle on the table and returning his attention back to the man next to him.

· Registered
90 Posts
((OCC) Sorry for the colour fest but there was a lot of dialogue in this post. i'll mute it in future if anyone wants me to.)

Spook smiled as usual the portents were vague and imprecise as usual. “I’ve hared those words many times so I’ll give ‘em to ya, save for the first part! That prediction ended the moment the shuttle landed.” He picked up the glass and made a toasting gesture and downed the glass. “as for the last part I’m home and here ‘troubles’ are my business, mate.” With that chucked the glass across the room missing the worried man and striking his pursuer, who had followed him into the bar, in the eye before shattering.

As he hit the floor Spook was on his feet and past the table without disturbing it. He stalked across the now silent bar room passed the worried man and snatching up the felled pursuer with one hand, dragged him across the room and pinning him on the back wall of a vacant alcove. “Jer’ek. Long time no see eh? First Zek and now you this must be my fraggin’ lucky day or what” the man was about to answer when Spook shuck him “weres my bloody money?” the man shuck his head “not...got...erk...it Spook. Ack...ack-least not ... now” Spook patted him down and pulled out a huge wad of credits which he fanned and did a rough count, letting go of the man. Who seeing the opportunity made a break for it, only for Spook to grab him by the scruff of the neck and drag him back in to the alcove. “Now then to the matter of you poaching off my turf and the remainder of this dept” he paused and looked at the man who had just been pursued in to the bar. “Why you goin’ after fraggin’ tourists eh? “The man looked to the other man and back to Spook “just a job spook, honest. Good money Spook. Please, please don’t kill me Spook”

Spook waited a couple of heart beats before smiling evilly; “no I’ll let Zek deal with your arse for disrupting his bar.” The colour drained from the man’s face as Spook twisted his arm and shoved him towards the bar pushing him into it several feet away. Jer’ek braced himself against the bar as Spook joined him, herding the dumbstruck pursue’ee with an arm over his shoulder. “my friend here wishes to apologies for any wrong doings he may have done, don’t ya?” Jer’ek merely spat onto the bar. Spook planted his boot to the back of Jer’eks right knee with a crunch, dropping him and slamming his jaw into the bar. “S..S...Sorry mate bit of a misunderstanding eh?” he sneered though clenched teeth. “I’ll have another bottle on his tab” he said pushing Jer’ek’s against the bar harder and leaning in “I’ll be seeing you later ‘bout the rest of what you owe me” he whispered in Jer’ek’s ear. Spook took the bottle and shepherded the man to his table “come join us friend” he mutterd before stopping and from over his shoulder said “Oh Zek, he’ll be sorting out for the disruption K.”
“Now where were we, ah yes! Introductions, The names Spook please to meet ya” he grinned sitting down and pouring fresh drinks for everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.