Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
------------------Registrations Closed------------------------

Introduction
A cell of Inquisitorial Acolytes are called to the Imperial world of Vaxhayn, in order to investigate a disturbance in the underhive. Their superiors tell them that it is just a local gang-war, but little do they know that it is something far, far worse...

Rules
Essentaily, these are the same rules as on any other Roleplay thread on Heresy. The rules thread can be found here if you are interested.

Please try to keep you posts to a minimum for 4 lines. As you are aware description is an integral part of this game, so describe you environmet, your thoughts, your intentions etc

Characters
I am looking for a group of around 5-6. Any more and the game will be too easy (in my opinion). Characters can be of any background, however since this is the acolytes first mission with the Inquisition, they should be yound and (somewhat) inexperianced.

Characters should be built on these guidelines.
Name
Personality
Background
Weapons (characters are limited to choosing one primary weapon, one side-arm and one close combat weapon)

Primary Weapons include: Lasguns/Carbines (including the Longlas), Autoguns, Shootguns, Primitive Weapons such as Crossbows, Primitive Rifles and other such feesable weapons.

Side arms include: Laspistols, Boltpistol (use sparingly or come up with a reason why your character should have one), Handbow, Handflamer etc.

Close Combat Weapons include:Shock Mauls, chainswords, daggers, knives, clubs, brass knuckles etc

Equipment: Any personal gear, armour (Flak vests etc)

If your interested, drop a reply. Early birds may receive bonus equipment (powerblade instead of regular weapon). Hope you have fun if you join up!!

Amoeba Bait

Current Players

Fire starter Pyro: Barnabus "Spook" Thompson

blackhole: Aleron Calixius

Anfo: Alfr Njörðr

Brother Jozzack: Jozzak "The Joker" Jackson

Snowy: John "Face" Murdoch

G0raar: Sanderson “Twitch” Carus

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Good stuff Pyro.

Does he have any equipment? You mentioned he was a great navigator, so perhaps he should have items such as compasses, cartography tools etc.

Also, "Spooks" knife is now a Monomolecular Blade. This gives it great effect against armour.

Thanks for joining!

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome blackhole.

Due to his formidable skills as a Swordsman, Calixtus's sword "The Sword of the House of Addin" is now a perfectly balanced weapon, increasing its attack speed.

Thanks for joining.

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome Anfo and Jozzak.

@Anfo: I think I will be doing a lot of copy and pasting with the name Njörðr :laugh:

@Brother Jozzak: Does Jackson carry a main weapon at all? (Also Welcome to Heresy!)

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome Snowy. Ok, we are almost done!

@ Darvelath: I was going off the Dark Heresy book in terms of the mono-knife and I agree with Pyro that the Eldar would be masters at the craft, but the Imperium has access (althouogh a rudimenty one at that).

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, so we are just one person short of finishing the team. I think it would be benificial for all of you guys to discuss here your style of gameplay, how your character operates and how you are going to work together (yes.....teamwork GASP) in order solve the mysery.

To the MYSTERY MOBILE!

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Essentaily, you have never met any of the other acolytes before. You meet them on board a landing ship in the first stage of the game.

This will give you the chance to 'break in' your character, as well as gather some information on other characters and the mission itself.

If we dont get another character within the next few days though, I think I'll just start up the Action Thread.

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Might I inquire as to why you've decided on that course Amoeba Bait? If you start things with the characters already knowing each other than you get around the need for the awkward introductions and characters can know things about each other. (Because you always have one or two absurdly silent types, and one or two who tend to not shut up.)

Not saying have them all know each other for the same amount of time, hell let one or two be brand spanking new, but in my experience having some or a fair number of the characters not meeting for the first time allows the start to flow a little better.
Thanks for the advice sir.

Basicly, what I wanted is all the players to understand their place in the team (eg. Stealth expert, assassin, smooth talker etc), but I guess the fun part is watching it unfold.

@Everyone in the RP :p
I fyou wish to have a background with one another, PM each other and define your relationship. However, as DarkReever said, if you all meet on the spaceshuttle, you can talk there to define your history.

REGISTRATIONS FOR THE FINAL MEMBER CLOSE TONIGHT!

If you know anyone who may be interested in joining, give them a yell, otherwise I will kick off the Action Thread tommorow morning at around 10.00 (GMT +10).

I will also add the info on your contact (npc), who will be your commanding officer once you arrive on Vaxhayn.

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
OK everyone, the Action thread has now started!
The next update will be in 2 days time. This will give you ample time to sort out your character and find some stuff out about your mission.

For ease of access, I have compiled all of the Character 'Sheets' to the First post of this thread if you wanted to check out who you will be investigating and fighting alongside.

I hope you enjoy the adventure! If you have any quandries or questions, feel free to either PM me or post them on this thread.

Amoeba Bait

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
TRIPLE POST!!!

Just remember guys, unless otherwise stated, dont 'change the update'.

For example:

DM: You are all on the bus. It isnt yet moving
P1: Warren walks to the back and sits down.
P2: Adam pays his fare and stands in the middle.
P3: The bus lurches forward down Amoeba St.
P4: Oh shit. I missed the bus.....

So just make sure that you arent 'skipping ahead' with the story!

· Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
^^^ Nooooooooooooo!!!

Anyways, you have arrived on Vaxhayn. There are markets surroundong the landing pad, and you can barter with locals for goods. You will need to obtain the location of the Bleeding Rose bar before advancing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.