Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everybody!
So just started Blood Angels but I thought I would do something abit different. So I suppose this is a different chapter (in the colours and that) Using the blood angels book =D They are called the Vals verraaiers because it is Afrikaans for false traitors. So this is the first model I did, the scheme is not entirely mine, I used the basis of the devotees of Eleazar on The battle reporter forum.

So here we go:
(Right kneepad is going to be painted black cus I cocked it up =S)

Hope you like!

Edit: Yeah the writing is abit crappy and I did cock up his right kneepad alot =S

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nice looking assult marine. Reminds me of a marble statue. I like the free hand iconography on the power armour. But perhaps look to make the eagle on the chestplate another colour just for a bit of contrast, and darken the vents of the jump pack with a wash or something.

Skar

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ermm, he lost them flying over a swarm of nids....
Naah me being a dopey dodo I forgot to glue them on o.0

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have tried what my friend says, which is, mixing 3 parts black, 1 part bl red and some grey I put that over his right kneepad and I'm about to put the shoulderpads on lol. Thanks for the rep! Thanks for the comments!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Hey there. I like what you have done with your model. The colour is great it is smooth.

A couple of tips if they will help. Do you have any brown ink or wash? I think it would look great if you did a wash with the brown in the recesses rather than using so much black. Then you can apply your freehand after. I think it will add alot of depth to the model and really make it stand out.

Before you paint the model file off the nasty sneaky mold lines lol. You have done a nice job but the mold lines stand out a mile especially when you paint light colours.

Hope this helps

LTP

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To be honest I have actually never seen them on my mini's before, I think it is because I have always painted dark colours, this is my first army with bright colours I believe.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Gonna fix up my first after my friend pointed out that I spelt emperor wrong on the model =S Thanks for pointing it out ^.^

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Started on two more AS marines, pictures being taken now. The army has been slightly changed, still using BA rules its an adeptus Mechanicus army ^.^ I will adapt it so I can use BA or SM codex and will make some odd homerules and conversions up, the units done up so far I suppose are like their guard ^.^

·
Registered
601 Posts
I really like the colour scheme, though I do agree with LTP: they could use a nice wash of Devlan mud! I think it'll add a little more natural depth.

And I don't know what you want to say on his chainsword, since it says Emperor's dead, which means he thinks the Emperor has died. I think you mean Emperor's Death, though that would mean he'd kill the Emperor with it, so I think you should change that bit ;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, I will just have to buy the mud wash then =P Also the sword was a bit of a test really, they were going to be one of the chapters that wanted to kill the Emperor so he could descend into a God, now they are just going to be an adeptus mechanicus

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Right, some WIP marines and a random piccie of my work desk =P

Yeah I know piccies aren't too good, but they were badly lit.
Here is my desk in all its glory and shame? Lots of my armies I collected over the years are on their.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So I was doing some looking over on Privateer press at their warjacks for something relatively good to use as knights which will be my Adeptus Mechanicus dreadnoughts basically. I found some interesting stuff and think you should have a look around as the range is very good.

Anyone doing an orky army with some money to spend might like these -
http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/mercenaries/warjacks/ghordson-driller

I might be using these as my knights though! -
http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/cygnar/warjacks/cyclone

The real knights are these -
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/b/bd/Knight_Paladins.jpg
I don't think they are sold anymore but they look about terminator size, if I get ahold of them they will likely be used for terminators. Anyone know where I can get these?

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Personally, I would still pick out the chest details with silver or whatever. Because I think you need some contrast in there. The paintjob looks nice and clean.

All IMO :)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Personally, I would still pick out the chest details with silver or whatever. Because I think you need some contrast in there. The paintjob looks nice and clean.

All IMO :)
I agree. Your painting has gotten neater and the paint looks smooth and well applied. It's just all a bit monotone if you know what i mean. You should put some crazy colour on there to make it pop. Keep up the good work :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just so you do know the pictures of the 2 AS marines (the latest pictures) Are still in progress, still need to do the bleached bone and the washes on them.

@LTP and Marneus: Yes good idea, I was thinking of a red, or the black again. Thanks for the replies!

Also they are one step forward now, not long and I will have 3 AS marines painted ^.^

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK, small update! The same two models now have bleached bone added onto them, about to wash them! Not to sure I did the bleached bone right this time as it looks abit weird. Ah well, the wash fixes that.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts