Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been mulling this idea over in my head for a while, and I really lilke the idea of an all-female IG regiment. Mind you, not the huge-knockered, junk-in-the-trunk standard females that geeks drool over, but much more average, athletic females.

This is what began the project.

-=THE VALKYRIES=-

The Valkyries are currently based out of a planet known as Amazon.

Amazon once housed a prison colony. It was chosen for its location due to remoteness and the fact that extraordinarily dangerous and aggressive wildlife would kill any escapees before they got very far beyond the walls. However, once the colony was established, an anomaly was detected in the planet's electromagnetic field- Roughly only 5% (1 in 20) of children born there were male due to strange frequencies that interrupted the growth process of the embryo, causing almost all to grow female. Soon, the colony was completely female dominated- Almost all civilians, guards, personnel, and even prisoners were female after just a few generations. The imperium abandoned the planet, leaving the fledgling hives behind to fend for themselves. They took with them the prison, removing the only reason for the Imperium to even care about the planet.

The society, however, flourished. Men became known merely as "drones"- Their only purpose being used by the women to mate. Otherwise, they were well taken care of, sometimes even being fought over by rival female rulers, attempting to control the amount of men available to increase the size of their party. Only women with suitable genes would be allowed to bear children- Those who were especially strong or intelligent. Eventually, they moved beyond the crumbling hive walls and out into the wilderness, using the forges and factories of the Imperial structures to manufacture weapons and armor to protect themselves, establishing new colonies in the unforgiving wilderness. This created an extremely hardy race of people, and when the Imperium returned due to reports of thriving human populations on the plant, they immediattely offered the Amazons the opportunity to join the Imperial Guard under their own regiment- the Valkyries.

They now serve the same as any other Guard regiment, fighting fiercely beside Valhallans, Cadians, Catachans, and many others in humanity's desperate struggle for survival.

·
Registered
49 Posts
No one has responded to this, but I feel anyone who wants to give a story for their army deserves some response!

Anyhow, I like the idea, but disapprove of the cleches. Amazons and valkyries as names rub me the wrong way. I'm also unsure how a magnetic field would affect birth rates; I think some sort of genetic disorder brought on by air born pathogens that have permanently altered their genes.

That said, I really wonder how a regiment of woman who treat men as slaves would react to fighting side by side with men. I think that would be a really interesting aspect your people would have to deal with.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
see men as only bredding stock bet there are a few male IG regiments that would say bring it on bit like our boys on a night round town....that said i like this idea

·
Registered
70 Posts
Depends on what they do if said breeders come back around for a second go, or even what happens the next morning 9or in their sleep.)

Sorry I havne't been chatty about things. Just not sure what to add in since my fluff knowledge is kindof limited.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
How about too much Oestrogen in the planets water supply, that would cause more female births than male.
My only problem here is the 5% male population. Not all of them would be ideal breeding stock and discarded. I just don't know how big the population of females would be?
As for fighting alongside all-male IG regiments. I think this would not be a good idea.. just think of all that fresh meat for the Valkyries! They would be humping their brains out.. excuse the crudeness.. and what about the aftermath of these 'wild orgies'... thousands of pregnant female IG :shok:

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I think I'll post on this one...

I agree with laegim about the cliched names, especially since you've used 2 words for similar bands of women warriors but that originate from different etymological roots- maybe change them so they have echoes of Amazon and/or Valkyrie but aren't exactly the same (e.g Amasonii, Valkiri etc).

The concept of a female dominated planet is fine according to my fluff bullshit alarm so no need to change that though maybe raise the percentage of male births to 1 in 10 rather than 1 in 20 to account for a high enough birth rate that living inthe wilds would require.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts