Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was sitting around today not doing anything inperticulier when a thought came to me. If the orks,csm,nids,necrons all want to conquer the galxey, in the end one has to win. I have played imperuim factions for all my warhammer career and you must admit that when it comes down to numbers the human race is at a disadvantge. No matter how many space marines we train and no matter how many guard regiments we raise we are all going to die in the end. So that led me down this path, and that path is what race will destory the galxay (universe) in the end. The most likly in my opainain is the nids. Dont get me wrong, i cleanse the swarm (FLAMERS COME TO ME!) as much as the next guy but they can EAT YOU AND MAKE MORE OF THEM FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. I figure that one dead ork will give them about 5 new gaunts and they learned how to self-heal from the necrons so they would probly find some way to wipe out the necrons. The eye of terror holds no fear to them and sense the hive mind is on a differnt level then the chaos gods the only thing standing in thier way would be the csm's, demons, and some cultists.note-the nids will not kill the chaos gods, i am not stating that they will. So anyone else think the same or just me and i am talking fluff wise so nids players no telling me about your warriors that have a WS 5 and 2 wounds and are troops, i know that. And if any imperuim players think other wise (In the terms that humantiy will rise above all oppistion) I will give you 3 reasons why we wont.
1.you can only use the life eater on so many worlds before you run out of worlds and get to terra.
2.The currant nids invasion fleet is only about a quater of their real fleet (what we fight is just splinters)
3.NO matter how many troops you have and how many titains you have the nids will always have more (they scale walls with thier dead instead of ladders...scared yet)
I could be wrong but this is just my side of things. Orks are pretty good contenders to but i already told that story.
So anyone else want to put thier two cents in the pot. (If we get enough we can start a lottery:))

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well, one thing that's mentioned is that Humanity does not and will not have a shortage of manpower (C:IG). Whether the Imperium will arm every man, woman and child (which would be unfeasible) and their combat effectiveness against Orks and Tyranids is a different question all together.

·
Registered
194 Posts
It is well documented that if orks ever untied under one banner they would destroy all opposition. This would obviously never happen, and I never saw orks as a 'conquer the whole galaxy' army anyway, they just move to wherever the next fight is, which may be as simple as punching the next ork across.

I don't know enough about 'nids to speculate too much. Does the warp effect the hive mind? It is possible that if the hive mind could be silenced somehow (kill norn queens?) a fleet would be next to useless. But if we've only seen a small amount of their true number, it could still spell trouble.

I don't see the forces of chaos conquering the materium, their nature is so that the gods would fall to bickering and infighting before they accomplished their goals. At the same time, the chaos gods will never be destroyed or stopped, aslong as there are people to think and feel, the chaos gods will always be there.

Necrons are in the same boat as 'nids I think. We haven't seen anywhere near their true number, or the scope of their power. Even if every necron was wiped out, the c'tan would still be present and plotting. Guess we'll have to wait for the new codex to see what they have instore for us.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Yes, the C'tan would remain in the galaxy even if the Necrons are all wiped out. Once the Tyranids have moved on to another galaxy then the C'tan would just wait for life to re-establish itself and start over - remember that they really don't mind waiting millions of year, and that they have done so already. C'tan feed on the stars themselves, hence their other name 'Star Vampires'.
The Nids will eat all living things and move on, the Chaos Gods and the C'tan will go dormant until life can re-establish itself, and every other living thing will just die. That is my view.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
The topic of what race will/could destroy the 40k universe has been brought up at least twice this year in other thread, and I don't think it has been long enough to start a new thread that is worded slightly different.

Still to save you some time I will give you a rough play by play of what they more or less discussed.

Tyranids: Most likely to destroy the known universe, if the bulk of there forces really lays beyond the galactic rim. (Note that current fluff makes them seem more powerful then ever)

Chaos: Not likely to destroy the know universe since it doesn't suit there needs to do so. Also nigh invulnerable to complete extinction themselves. Although if the necrons where ever truly motivated to they could close the major warp rifts (Not all) which would screw over most of there mortal followers. (Note the it was more or less agreed upon that nids would not intentional go into the eye of terror or any other major breach in reality for a number of reasons.)

Orks: Theoretically if they united they would make a unstoppable Whagh that even the nids couldn't defeat, however it is speculated that such a whaggh would soon collapse on itself when they realized there where no longer any real tough gits to stomp.

The imperium: The only remaining way for the imperium to have a complete victory (Which means sheer destruction for all none humans) would be the second coming of the emperor/his revival which hypothetically would bring the imperium back to the good old days of interplanetary genocide.

Eldar/Dark Eldar: Don't apply

Tau: Don't apply (Although some stated the in theory given enough time they could make a force that would unify all willing participant in the greater good, and destroy all those that oppose them)

Necrons: Although galactic purging is something the necrons don't normally do (Extinction of all there food sources was caused by the enslaver plague) it is possible if all the known C'tan where to become active in the known universe, and awake the bulk of the tomb worlds they could destroy the universe. (Note that it was also brought up that with the Dragon inactive, and most of the c'tan devoured they are at there weakest.)

Ps. My avatar will spell the true destruction of the 40k universe I mean just look at it.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Imperium of Man- Doomed due to stupidity and really bad government design. Only alive due to sheer size, lots and lots of cannon fodder, and GW love/the protection of the Emperor.

Chaos- Perfectly happy with the way things are going. Not going anywhere as long as humans, orks, and the like are still around.

Eldar/Dark Eldar- Doomed to die/being complete jerks. Nothing much changes.

Orks-Smash da gits! WAAARRGGHH! Not going anywhere unless they get bored and start killing each other.

Tau- Going to get a nasty awakening soon, really should be destroyed if it wasn't for GW love. Seriously, the Hrud are more of a galactic power than they are.

Necrons, Tyranids- One of the two is going to kill every other species. Fortunately, GW's compulsion to shill Ultramarines means the plot will never get there.

·
Registered
152 Posts
hey I don't know a whole lot about every army, but is it possible for 'nids to starve to death? i mean if they did win, and consumed like everything in space/existance, wouldn't they not have anything to sustain themselves after? Also ya the necrons could make a really big challenge against them, especially if their full army awakens and the c'tan show up. Chaos will die sortof if all the humans die because then they're alone against everything else, they'd take the imperium's place. The tau and Eldar would have been dead awhile ago from nids unless they see what's coming and make a super alliance with humanity, tho they'd still eventually all lose. thats my opinion.

·
Registered
894 Posts
a word for Tau:

what if they got thier grey hands on some old earth tech?

while the techpriests don't really understand what they're looking at, Tau Earth Caste engineers do- it would mean a gigantic leap in Tau technology.

so necrons/'nids may have numbers, but if Tau get a hold of the right tech, it may not matter.

Titans w/ railguns on steroids.

AI-controlled XV's

grey goo

genetically-rengineered fire cast

pretty much everything you'd find in modern sci-fi.

while 'crons and 'nids may have near-infinite numbers, Tau may be the only ones with the potential for growth.

the other armies are either too stupid to advance technologically (orkz, 'nids) or won't advance for social reasons (imperium, Eldar)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Necrons don't have many numbers when compared to virtually everyone else, and they don't work as a united faction anyway.

We don't know how many hive fleets are around, and we we don't know how many nid fleets died/ starved in the void.

And who knows about the eldar? maybe all the worlds they planted will soon be suitible to sustain large eldar populations, and their empire could rise again

The imperium already said that the tau empire is too much of a problem to be dealt with so they have a virtual free reign in the east since the necrons killed the invading nids there

·
Registered
381 Posts
the hive fleet will not starve to death it will eat everthing in this galaxy and then go into hibernation and point itself at the next unfortunate galaxy

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I always thought 'Nids would win as well, but after I heard the fluff for the other armies, it seems like everyone has a chance.

I would root for humanity, however, because if the Emporer comes back to life, he'll massacre every living thing in the galaxy (then the Eldar God of Death thing...) and they'll pretty much win. In the meantime though, the IG are near infinite, and with every couple having about two kids each, about 12 000 000 000 population on a planet, say 8 000 000 join the Guard (at least), and humanity owns Emporer knows how many planets, they're not going anywhere anytime soon. That, plus the SM, Inquisition and DH...

·
Registered
894 Posts
Necrons don't have many numbers when compared to virtually everyone else, and they don't work as a united faction anyway.

We don't know how many hive fleets are around, and we we don't know how many nid fleets died/ starved in the void.

And who knows about the eldar? maybe all the worlds they planted will soon be suitible to sustain large eldar populations, and their empire could rise again

The imperium already said that the tau empire is too much of a problem to be dealt with so they have a virtual free reign in the east since the necrons killed the invading nids there
yay! we're annoying!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
That's a good strategy, actually. :)

I vote for nids doing the most damage, but I can't see orks being fully eradicated either. I mean, they're an incredibly durable race. Combat makes them bigger, they spore, knowledge is genetic, etc. I don't think they'll ever be organized enough to do a full-on Waaaaagh! but I don't think they'll die out either. My vote therefore goes to nids. They won't ever eat everything, but they stand to kill the most stuff.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts

Necrons don't currently have many active forces it's true- but who knows how many are still in stasis the numbers could be vast.

Chaos is the only force that outnumbers Tyranids/Orks but only if the Hive Fleets were to enter the Eye of Terror would they be swarmed under by the never ending hordes of Daemons.

The Tyranids didn't learn self-healing from the Necrons I don't know where that idea came from.

In the Milky Way, material realm, the way I see it the major race populations would be the following (descending):
Orks
Imperium
Tyranids
Chaos
Tau
Eldar

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Sorry i wasnt specfic enough.Old one eye and hive guard learned how to self heal from fighting the necrons, not the general nid swarm (from what i heard but might be wrong, the nids players at my club love to say how great they are.)The tau idea is interesting but when the nids start devouring the new strain of fire wariors they would start adapting and make new types of gaunts per say (and where would they get the old earth tech anyway, the mechcanicum has that stuff locked down and the best tech would be closer to terra but its still a nice idea).

PS:i thought that i had seen this type of theard before right after i posted it, my bad

·
Registered
894 Posts
can they adapt to bio-nano-tech?

Tau might not even need to get a hold of old earth tech-

given enough time, they might come out with it on thier own.

or get a hold of some dead Necrons... that'll spawn some awsome tech

also, I think a Tau/Eldar allience would be both likely and productive (rangers w/ railrifles!)

that would also open up new avanues for tech advancement for Tau

hungryugolino said:
Tau- Going to get a nasty awakening soon, really should be destroyed if it wasn't for GW love. Seriously, the Hrud are more of a galactic power than they are.
[rant]where is the love?

show me one example of GW giving Tau love

if GW gave Tau the half the love they deserve...

I mean come on... lasers as a heavy wep? Ig has more powerful lasers at assault 2 for less

railguns at heavy 1? phh. the main advantage of the real railgun is that its firing rate is only limited by its load time: feed it a clip of 20 metal shards, it fires 20 metal shards/ millisec. whereas a bolter/real gun has to wait for the chamber to clear, eject the brass, reset its position, etc. which slows down refire.

the Tau are supposed to be really shooty with almost no cc abilities, but SMs can come out with more and better guns on faster vehicles (typhoon speeders compared to 'rain '8s)

GW gave us a stealth suit, but no weapons to give it that do a gorram thing.

the only real advantage we have, is JSJ, which is totally fraked over by bikers

so, in summary, GW made a ranged army in a cc dominated game, and gave it inferior guns.

WHERE IS THE LOVE!?

so yah, I freely admit Tau is underpowered. but oly because GW hates us[/rant]

BTW Necrons are machines, so 'nids cannot learn self-healing from them- nothing to absorb

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
GW gave us a stealth suit, but no weapons to give it that do a gorram thing.
Watching a little Firefly? :)

I agree Tau need a little TLC. But I don't think GW hates you, just that they've forgotten that you exist. It's ignorance, not loathing.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Tau usually win, except against Space Marines.
and orks (farsight campaign)

and 'nid (had to get help to clear them out of their own sector)

and 'cron (Dark Crusade)

and ig (last chancers)

eldar have good relations with tau, so no real confict there.

Dark Eldar tanks can be taken out with pulse rifles. (epic fail)

that leaves chaos, and Tau are immune to warp stuff, so they should win

aside form that they should win against the others- they have railguns

railguns can take out a building... in one shot... with a paperclip... and can fire an infinite amount of them /milisec.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Still, Tau tend to be more successful overall, and a more positive portrayal.

And Dark Crusade was good old SM in the form of the Blood Ravens.

Eldar-Tau is ambivalent. Tau wonder why Eldar won't join them, Eldar find them hilarious.

Lasguns and clubs can probably take out Dark Eldar tanks. They're not exactly Leman Russ's in terms of durability.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts