·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
493 Posts
not fair, not fair LOTN,
1.We have been craving for some interesting/good 40K books in the last 6 months (yes I would not mind reading Gav now)
2. This could/should be a discussion on what this forum is about in stead of bitching why BL sucks
1+2 = you have the moral duty to provide spoilers :)

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Sigh... alright. In the interest of provoking discussion here I will answer what questions you all have. But I will not reveal the final twist of the book, that you'll have to find out for yourselves. It's just too mindblowing to be read in a transcript.

Lord - so why Cypher surrendered himself?

For something to discuss I will reveal just what it was Methelas, Astelan and Anovel planned to do;

LotN

·
Registered
493 Posts
cheers,
I was under the understanding that interaction between the DA founding chapters was such that it could be considered a one for all practical purposes ? That does of course not change the fact that it would have been rather interesting

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ahem Lord - and how did they planned to create that? With what? It's illogical? Especially the part about the @Warp@ you know - that- thing
Could you explain? Even the EMperor doesnt have that kind of power

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ahem Lord - and how did they planned to create that? With what? It's illogical? Especially the part about the @Warp@ you know - that- thing
Could you explain? Even the EMperor doesnt have that kind of power

Everything makes sense once you finish the book, nothing feels illogical or nonsensical.

LotN

·
Registered
493 Posts
mmh it has been speculated that was the reason the DA could do very synchronised attacks on the NL during the HH it is however unclear what happened to if afterwards, one hypthesis was that the BA used it to jump to Terra, is there more info on that ?

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
mmh it has been speculated that was the reason the DA could do very synchronised attacks on the NL during the HH it is however unclear what happened to if afterwards, one hypthesis was that the BA used it to jump to Terra, is there more info on that ?

LotN

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
cheers, so where was it the last 10k years and why have we not seen it before ?
and why is it not used more often ?

LotN

·
Registered
23 Posts
Think its time I read Angles of Darkness and tried to catch up! Normally really enjoy Gav's work and Dark Angles are slowly becoming my favorite 40k chapter. Actually being able to learn some of the Dark Angels secrets instead of just having them vaguely brushed off is very enticing.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
aha, deep parts in the rock, watchers in the dark ?
anything on the Lion getting waked up ?
No. That isn't touched on at all. Makes sense really, only the Emperor and the Watchers know and we aren't going to be getting their POVs in 40k.

LotN

·
Registered
493 Posts
could have been the last scene of the book :)
how is the shooter marine doing that got his lower half mangled (cannot recall his name but he recently got unto deathwing I think ) ?

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Could have been the last scene of the book :)

How is the shooter marine that got his lower half mangled doing? (Cannot recall his name but he recently got into the Deathwing I think?)
The last scene is something quite different. ;)

LotN

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Any info about the number or description of other Unforgiven chapters in the novel?
Only two other Unforgiven Chapters appear in the novel; the already established Consecrators and the newly created Knights of the Crimson Order. Little is revealed about the latter but the former is shown to be a Chapter of relic hunters, specifically things from the past of the Astartes. This results in them having a lot of ancient and esoteric wargear, Belial notes that one of their First Company Sergeants has a sword that would be worthy of a Chapter Master, while their Chapter Master Nakir has one of the Heavenfall Blades that he recovered from the Orks after another Unforgiven Chapter lost it. Nakir is also an Interrogator-Chaplain/Chapter Master, titled The Master of Souls, and has personally broken and redeemed six Fallen.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Consecrators

The book also shows that in some small ways the Dark Angels have a first among equals attitude towards their secrets. Some higher ranking Dark Angels know more than the Chapter Masters of the Successor Chapters.

LotN

21 - 40 of 54 Posts