Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Sir, this looks like a good place to abandon ship!" shouted highly skilled Fire Warrior O'Vaxus as the Sky Ray Omega airborne city cast a shadow over a forest near an Imperial Guard base. "Very well" said Aun'vawre calmly. O'Vaxus jumped through the half open hatch. O'Vaxus had the strange ability to teleport short distances, so the landing would be easy. As he gracefully landed perfectly on his feet, he drew a Pulse Rifle and his custom-made Pulse Saber. He jumped and began to teleport from treetop to treetop, eventually reaching the Imperial Guard base. He teleported through the air on to the roof and looked through a giant glass window on the roof. The commander and a weapons designer were talking underneath. O'Vaxus placed a plasma charge on the window and ran. Not teleported, ran. Two guards chased him through the forest. Soon he was backed into a corner. "Hey,"he said with an evil smile on his face,"You two had better get back before you miss the fireworks!"
The guards soon realised what he meant. As they sprinted back, the bomb exploded. Glass shards rained down upon the commander and weapon designer, and entire sections of the top floor were blasted to oblivion. O'Vaxus teleported to the now returned ship and said with a smile:"My work here is done!"
END TRANSMISSION

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
SEQUEL! The Ultimate Fire Warrior: Ork Slayer

O'Vaxus sighed loudly. He was out of things to do. He wasn't needed anywhere, he had finished painting and decorating his weapons and armor, there was nothing to do. So, he decided, he would just need to find something. "Find something?" He muttered, "That's IT!" He ran to his teleporter (not that he needed it because he can teleport without one) and pressed the button that read: DROP POD ROOM. He rubbed his armored hands together. "Her I come, O'Sh..." The rest was drowned out by the wooshing of the drop pod falling to the planet below. He activated the microthrusters to slow down for landing. He slowed. And slowed. And eventually halted. The second it landed, he teleported out. He began to run around. as if looking for something. Which he was. He had heard about a certain renagade Tau enclave having a campsite here. Soon, he saw a small source of light from a treetop he was scouting from. Fire! Campfire probably! And campfire=campsite. He ran towards it, using his helmet to track it as a heat source. Soon he reached the tree nearest the campsite. He hid behind it and teleported amongst the branches. He peered through a small gap. He gasped. Then hit himself for making a noise whaen trying not to be seen. What he saw was the folllowing: a smallish group of Fire Warriors, with dark red armour, all sitting around a campfire. And in the middle of them was, barely recognisable without his battlesuit, O'Shova, better known as Commander Farsight. The Breakaway. The Ork Slayer. The Melee Commander.
The Anti-legend. He had many, many names given by many different people with many different theories about him. He plucked up the courage to go to them. "Hey" he said in a carefree manner, dropping from the tree, "How's it goin'?" The Farsight Enclave looked immediately, but breathed out in relief and went back to talking when they saw a fellow Tau. "Another breakaway who wants to join?" O'Shova asked. O'Vaxus shook his head and replied: "Nope, just a Tau Fire Warrior who thinks you still fight for The Greater Good, unlike some." O'Shova laughed. "Good, because The GREATER Good is still the side I'm on!" he said, still with a slight hint of humor in his voice. O'Vaxus said, a little shakily because he wasn't really sure wether to ask or not, "Why are you HERE anyway?" O'Vaxus just laughed and said "Because of my favourite hobby, Ork slaying!"
"Ork slaying?" O'Vaxus asked questioningly "Is that a sport of some kind?"
"I guess you could call it that" O'Shova replied, shrugging, "Wait! I think I hear..." He was drowned out. Drowned out by a strange sound. An extremely loud "WAAGGGHHH!"
"Orks..." O'Vaxus breathed, "And lots of em'!"
"Correct" O'Shova said, suddenly serious, "Now get your weapons out." O'Vaxus smiled and drew a Pulse Saber and Cyclic Ion Carbine. Both unique weapons, one forged from a Pulse Rifle and a Space Marine power sword, one essentially a Cyclic Ion Cannon stripped down to the bare essentials. "Impressive weaponry" O'Shova said, "Now get it ready, because unless you can fight of a miniature army of Orks using hands and feet, I suggest you use it."
"Actually," O'Vaxus replied a little smugly, "I've fought off a Space Marine Kill-Team single handedly without weapons."
"Very good, amazing in fact, but an Ork task force of 4 squadrons of Boyz with a Choppa per Ork and a Warboss is a little bit bigger than the average kill team." O'Shova replied, "So get ready to obliterate some Orks!"
The Farsight Enclave hid in the forest, Pulse Pistols and swords made of scavenged materials at the ready. O'Vaxus teleported into a tree, with his Cyclic Ion Carbine positioned like a sniper rifle. O'Shova got into his battlesuit and picked up the Dawn Blade, jumping onto the tree nearest to him. He jumped from tree to tree until eventually he reached a tree much taller than the one he started in. They waited. As the Orks came into the camp, they watched and waited until the Orks had all flooded in to the large clearing. Then they fired in a huge blitz of shots, followed by charging into the Orks, swinging their swords. O'Shova jumped into the middle of the Orks, impaling one on the Dawn Blade as he landed. He tossed the Ork corpse at the Warboss, who charged almost a split second after the body hit him. As the Warboss charged, O'Shova just stood and waited. When the Warboss came quite close, he thrust the Dawn Blade forwards, impaling the Ork leader. The Orks paused and looked, giving the Enclave a chance to strike them down. The remaining Orks tried to flee. For the first time in the battle, O'Vaxus jumped down and launched a flurry of shots from the Cyclic Ion Carbine. Any Orks that got by that were struck down by O'Vaxus' sword. O'Shova came over to him once he had slain the last few Orks. He placed a symbiote sticker on his armor. "Well done," O'Shova said, "You're now an hounarary member of the Farsight Enclave. Even if you don't live with us here and you go back to your home, you are a member of our group. To seal the deal..." O'Shova took O'Vaxus' Pulse Saber and engraved on it in Tau: FARSIGHT ENCLAVE. O'Vaxus thanked him, said his goodbyes and teleported back to the pod. He thrusted upwards. The city was, thankfully, still there. He opened the hatch and thrust into the city. Aun'Vawre was waiting for him there. "Where have you been?" he asked.
"Oh, nowhere really," O'Vaxus replied calmly, "Just visiting someone."
END TRANSMISSION.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I know i won't feel good about this only being criticism... tau haven't the connection or understanding of the warp to teleport. There isn't such a thing as imperial teleporters and if I'm wrong there wouldn't be one in a IG post which goes into a SM Battle barge, the only place you find drop pods. A stripped down Cyric ion blaster wouldn't exist as only veteran battle suit users are even able to get such special equipment, so one able to be carried by the physically weak tau firewarrior wouldn't be developed. Similar for the pulse sabre. However i do like your idea of creating a heroic firewarrior as this isn't commonly how tau work and think you should keep the idea but think of redoing it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
snap with tom=] good story, lacks realism(well as close as you get in a universe with almost every planet inhabited lol)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
NEXT IN SERIES! Ultimate Fire Warrior: Chaos Rising

A Pulse Rifle fell to the ground. A Fire Warrior collapsed, several bolter shells in his heart. This was beyond madness, O'Vaxus thought to himself. They were in a shoot-out with an enemy they had never heard of, for Aun'va's sake! Sometimes he wondered why he bothered. Especially when his fellow Tau were being felled like trees all around him. He picked up the ammo-depleted Pulse Carbine of a fallen Fire Warrior and hurled it across the battlefield. It hit one of their opponents square in the jaw. Their opponents resembled Space Marines, but a lot more... strange. Some had wings or tentacles or even more heads erupting out all over their body, but some had Space Marine power armour coated liberally with heretic symbols and markings. They wielded almost every Space Marine weapon they had ever seen, among other things. One of them was deformed, but not hideously so. He towered above the others, even above the Tau battlesuits, and wielded a gun which appeared to be... alive. He managed to take down quite a lot, but eventually ran out of ammo in his Pulse Rifle. "Ok," He said to no-one in particular, eat this you stupid... The rest was drowned out by a particularly loud gunshot. He took, from a sheath on his back, his Cyclic Ion Carbine. He blasted everything worth blasting. He took down the previously mentioned deformed, winged titan along with several squads worth of troops. Eventually, the last couple of them fled to their tank transports. But the mutated titan he had shot down got up. he walked over towards O'Vaxus. "Impressive, very, very impressive!" The titan said, "It takes a lot of skill to gun me down." O'Vaxus stared at the creature for a minute before replying: "Thank you, but who and actually WHAT are you?"
"A Daemon Prince of course!" shouted the Daemon Prince, "Daemon Prince Xavier, to be exact." O'Vaxus said firmly "I take you heretics are not interested in following the path of The Greater Good, then."
"NO!" roared Xavier, "WE ARE NOT! AND YOU HAVE JUST MADE ONE HECK OF A POWERFUL ENEMY!"
Xavier flew off.
"Yeesh, that guy sure has a short temper!" laughed one of the Tau. But not just any Tau. It was O'Vaxus' brother, O'Shasdet.
"You got that right, brother!" O'Vaxus laughed, "But something tells me he will be 'one heck of a powerful enemy', as he so intelligently puts it."
O'Vaxus, and Xavier, were right...

Number 4 of the series coming soon!
Sorry about it being so short, I ran out of ideas :p
But I will try and make 4 REALLY long, about 2X as long as number 2 in fact!
All coments welcome!
Oh yeah, thomas2: Details, details. Besides, It's Apocalypse. If 40k wasn't insane before, it is now. But thanks for switching to a good note :p <- Hey you, get out of here, page hog!
Cerrakoth: (see thomas2) :p <- Okay that is it! (throws smilie into pit of ravenous Tyranids)
Stay tuned for 4! Coming soon! This week if I get bored :p <- Curse you, invincible smilie!
Oh yeah, thomas2: THERE IS NO WAY I'M REDOING THIS SERIES! EVER! WHY AM I TALKING IN CAPITALS!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yay! Battle Of The Legends!

O'Vaxus was sitting in his room on the ship. Thinking. Thinking about that Xavier character. He wondered... was Xavier as powerful as he boasted? Had he made the enemy that would kill him? The questions bit and nibbled at him like mosquiteos. He would have to, he concluded, find out for himself. He took out a pocket supercomputer. He began to hack in to the ship's systems. He hesitated. He changed the ship's coordinates to the Chaos world closest to the planet they had been battling on. A conquered Forge World, Fortrus Datary (yeah, Gaunts Ghosts rip off. Sue me. On second thoughts, don't).
When Aun'Vawre saw the changed coordinates, he had one suspect: O'Vaxus.
He used the teleporter (I put this back in just for you, thomas2 :p) to get into O'Vaxus' room. He saw O'Vaxus hacking the systemes on his pocket supercomputer. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" Aun'Vawre shouted.
"I... I need... I need to fight Daemon Prince Xavier!" O'Vaxus said.
"I see..." Aun'Vawre replied, "But why not just tell me, I would of helped you without the need of hacking."
They were above the Chaos base. O'Vaxus hacked into the systems of the Chaos base. Xavier... was in the base, sector DP50. O'Vaxus went down in a drop pod. In the pod, he used his pocket supercomputer to contact someone. Then, he landed. He teleported (told you I wasn't editing a thing, thomas2 :p) outside of the pod. He was in DP...40. he went around the building. DP50...
He snuck inside. Xavier was blasting a target with daemon weaponry. He shouted: "Xavier, remember me?"
Xavier answered. Answered by charging at O'Vaxus, his sword in a position which could easily impale him upon impact. O'Vaxus jumped backwards, drawing his Pulse Saber (thomas2, you know the drill) and his pocket supercomputer. He contacted someone. Minutes of battling later, something broke through the roof. A drop pod. Out stepped O'Shasdet. He was weilding a Pulse Pistol in each hand. He unloaded a clip or two into Xavier. But they had about the effect of throwing a Power Armour helmet at him. Then, something else broke through the building, the wall this time. They all evacuated, still fighting, as the building collapsed. The building-breaking thing had been another drop pod. A red one with an edited version of the Tau symbol painted onto one side. Out of it came, charging with Dawn Blade in hand, O'Shova. He slashed at Xavier, as did O'Vaxus. O'Vaxus threw a Pulse Saber to O'Shasdet, who also joined the blade bonanza. Eventually, Xavier fell to the ground, severely wounded. O'Vaxus, O'Shasdet and O'Shova were awarded Tau medals of bravery and teamwork upon arrival in the ship. O'Vaxus no longer had to worry about Xavier. Or did he...
To be continued in part 5 of the series!
Comments welcome.
All comments.
Even bad ones.
No, seriously.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sorry, doesent cut it for me. the first two were great but the third and fourth are to simple, what they did, no real reason for why. but hey, Im looking forwards to seeing the next great exploits of O'vaxus.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Don't worry, it's coming very soon. I just need to write down a few ideas and pick out the good ones. Then clump 'em together with... er... some totally random stuff and voila, Ultimate Fire Warrior 5!

So, my loyal fans and critics, soon you will be commenting on UFW 5!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Hey men!" O'Vaxus shouted "Looks like creamed Khorne for dinner tonight!"
Everyone laughed. Including O'Vaxus.
"Brother, they approach!" shouted O'Shasdet "Let's get on to the Swordfish Skimmer-bikes!"
And that they did. With Pulse weapons and Bolters firing in all directions, the Tau were already beggining to thin down the Chaos armies. As the armies got smaller and smaller, the Chaos decided to seal thier victory. By taking some hostages. The Chaos gods surged into the Tau forces, posessing one troop between them, O'Shasdet. All 4 Chaos gods in 1 body.
"NO! HOLD YOUR FIRE!" O'Vaxus shouted.
O'Vaxus hopped onto his Swordfish and sped towards O'Shasdet. He took out a Fusion Longsword and... hopped off of his Swordfish, holding the sword to O'Shasdet's neck. He began to talk to the gods, bargaining and threatening at the same time. Eventually, he had no choice. He drew his Pulse Saber and handed it to O'Shasdet, challenging him to a duel. If O'Vaxus hit the ground first, he would let two of the Chaos Gods possess him without any resistance.
If O'Shasdet hit the ground first, the Gods would have to hop out and hop off.
A brutal swordfight commenced, with both of them giving it their all. As the swordfight raged on, the Tau were cheering on their commander as he attemted to free his brother. Then... thump. O'Shasdet uncerimoniously hit he ground, dropping his weapon. The Gods surged out, retreating along with the Chaos armies, who would later be revealed as a new traitor legion, the Poison Fangs. O'Vaxus and O'Shasdet (along with an entire army of Tau) sped on their bikes back to the Omega Skyray, knowing that the Chaos Gods had been defeated. Again.

And that was episode 5, folks!
Look out for episode 6, Armapocalypse! (it was origanally going to be named Apocageddon, but Armapocalypse sounds cooler :))

Sponsered by O'Vaxus-O's! They're Ultimatefirewarrior-licious!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well done, a highly enjoyable read!
Whilst i am forced to agree with one or two comments about the overall lack of "realisum" regarding the text and how it relates to the 40K universe, in the name of creative writing it is easily forgiven.
A little more reading up on the history and backgrounds of the races, a little more use of a constructive and coherent plot line, and i for one feel this could be.........dare i say it..... epic!

keep up the good work.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks!

But about the realism...

I don't give a damn.

I mean, by reading this story series, you must have guessed that realism isn't and never will be my 'strong point'. And I don't care. I will say it again: It's apocalypse. If Warhammer 40k wasn't insane before, it is now.

·
Registered
114 Posts
this is a Tau propaganda lol.
TaTaTau call Chaos Heretics? :S and what name is Xavier for a Deamon? lol sorry to be rude man but it seems u have trouble with Chaos and Orkz and Marines with power swords :S which of course the Tau cant even lift :p

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
See above. I don't give a **** about realism.
Please, no comments on realism.
If you are going to critisise the realism of the story, please, don't post at all.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bloopers and outtakes

This will keep you happy 'till UFW 6 :)

Blooper 1:

"What... the... hell...!" O'Vaxus shouted. All of the fire warriors turned to see the ultimate womd (weapon of mass destruction)
"ZEEKY BOOGY DOOG!"
(Nuclear explosion)

Blooper 2:

"I'M A SCATMAN!" shouted O'Shasdet.
"Hey, he was ment to say 'They approach, brother!'" O'Vaxus shouted "SOUND MAN!!"
"Oh ****!" said the sound man as he was blasted into oblivion.

Blooper 3:

"Let's turn these Chaos into creamed Khorne!" O'Vaxus shouted.
"But sir... they're chaos, they are'nt made of sweetcorn!"
(Dun dun chh!)

Blooper 4:

"Abcdefg, hijklmnop, qrs, tuv, wx, y and z..." O'Shasdet muttered under his breath.
"What. The. Hell. Are. You. Doing." O'Vaxus said.
"Erm, nuthin..." O'Shasdet said.

Blooper 5:

"I like corn!" shouted a random Fire Warrior.
"GET HIM!" shouted everuone else.
(corn=Khorne)

And that's it!
Well, what did you expect, bible-length?
UFW 6 will be out soon, and this IS NOT UFW 6!!
Just a few UFW 5 bloopers for you to enjoy.
I might do this with all new stories and post them, I might even do 1-4, but don't hold your breath.
Seeya.
For the Greater Good!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Episode 6: Armapocalypse! (Sorry about the delay, stupid laziness...)

Just when you thought you were safe... here comes episode 6!

AAHHH! as a Fire Warrior fell to the ground...
NOOOOO... as an army of Eldar was destroyed...
GRRRAHH!! as several Bloodthirsters fell...
BZZZTAHHHH! as a Necron fell along with hundreds more of his kind...
This...
Is...
Armapocalypse!

O'Vaxus pulled a grenade from a pouch on his armour, tossing it deep into the Chaos armies. He smiled as he heard the satisfying TCHHHHHZZZZ! that always came from a Vortex Grenade landing in the middle of an army. He was just annoyed that the best diplomats in the known and probably unknown universe, the Water Caste, were the ones who started the war, all because of a peacemaking mission gone wrong. "Oh well..." O'Vaxus thought as his Vortex Grenade sucked up 3 Defilers, which he laughed at. Then, he noticed that their reinforcements had arrived, their allies: the Space Marines. Bolter fire blasted into the Chaos lines, on the opposite side to the Tau, which meant the Chaos were effectively sandwhiched in. "Looks like your so-called Chaos Gods aren't as powerful as you think!" O'Vaxus shouted, which caused a flurry of Chaos shots to be fired at him. He used his short-range teleportation ability to get right into the middle of the Chaos armies. He magnitised the fire, which he teleported out of the way of, with the stray shots instead making a large gap in the middle of the Chaos armies. Even an army of Chaos couldn't take down O'Vaxus. He pulled out a Pulse Saber as he fell back down into the Chaos armies. He went berzerk, massacre-ing his way through the Daemon Princes, killing all of the Bloodthirsters and rampaging into the lesser daemons, slaying every last one of them. He teleported back into the Tau lines. The Chaos were significantly outnumbered before; now they were effectively dead. Soon, they fell, and O'Vaxus lead the Tau through many a battle after. Little did anyone know at the time that it would be O'Vaxus who would end the war...

TO BE CONTINUED IN EPISODE 6, PART 2, COMING SOON... AND I MEAN IT THIS TIME!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Good to see O'Vaxus back. Might inspire me to start up my Tau story again, as this started it first time, even if their isn't very much similarities.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Glad you enjoy the story!
Part 2 of Episode 6 coming soon... very soon! Definitely before the weekend ends, early week worst scenario.
In other words, watch that space! (points down)

Ultimate Fire Warrior, sponsered by O'Vaxusfresh, the toothpaste that gets rid of that plaque like O'Vaxus gets rid of enimies!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I dont mind it... but in my eyes the only ultimate fire warrior is Kais from "Fire Warrior" the video game. but keep it up!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
*O'Vaxus pulls out Pulse Rifle and aims at PAw*
*Darklight Knight takes it away*
*They fight*

Oh great, two of my made up characters fighting...
I had better go before they kill each other...
Thanks for saying you like it, part 2 of episode 6 coming in the week!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts