Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious what everyone knows about the research station on Ymgral. From what I've read it was one of the first places were the Imperium encountered the Tyranids. I have also read that there was some strange breed of genestealers living on the planet, one's with tentacles for mouths. I also read something about how the 'stealers had been sighted on Ymgral long before the arrival of the first hive fleets.

does anyone have any insight about the Ymgral Genestealers?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
From what I know,the Imperium discovered some sort of xenos on frieghters and even across worlds where they really didn't fit in. When they finally tracked down where the ships had been, they found that they had all been to Ymgarl, or its moons, I'm not sure which. The planet/moon was searched and the 'Stealers found. I think the idea was to kill them, but they had spread too far by then to be able to do that. Over time the nature of the beasts was understood, and resources put in to wiping them out before they claimed any more worlds. It wasn't until some time after the Hive Fleets made their appearance that anyone made the connection. This was made harder by the fact that Ymgarl was well away from where the Hive Fleets had appeared and the 'Stealers had no known method of getting so far inside the Imperium. It was later surmised that the Stealers where either part of a Vanguard Fleet that was scattered or wiped out, or part of a Hive Fleet that had passed through the galaxy sometime before.
This is just the gist of what is going on. The 'Nid Codex would be a useful plaace to get more info.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
From what I had gathered they were a lost branch of stealers and the 1st stealers encountered, but the IM thought they were just animals until they ran into the 1st hive fleet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts