Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
visit roleplay threads!
2,259 Posts
(Was super torn between this and the fanatic. Looks like Gabrien's got lots of fighters lined up already though.)

Name: Everett Evangaluff - Officially Sanctioned Governmental & Professional Historian of the Imperium. So Declared by the Honourable and Prestigious Mastering Intellectual Center of Aridor III: Aridor system, Realm of Ultramar.

Appearance: Middle aged-man. White skin with some hair on the forearms. A rather clean face, and an even better set of teeth. Though thin lips and a slightly crooked jawline always manage to take some beauty away from his smile. His cheek bones are somewhat wide and his temples stern. Hefty eyebrows lay over fairly small, deep-set eyes. Both his body hair, facial hair, and even his eyes are brownish-grey. His has a full head of hair that is quite nice even if it seems a tad messy. It is lavishly dark with hints of green tone; a nice genetic hand-me-down from his lavish family. He has a good bit of matured, adult muscle on him but he is certainly no career cage-fighter or gene-enhanced soldier.

Though his usual clothes are not exuberant in nature, they are often still quite nice. For his work he dons a non-extravagant chasuble, and since working for the Inquisitor he wears one of russet coloration with subtle details finely woven in gold. Beneath it he wears dark gray garments, a long-sleeve uniform dress shirt and pants to match, lined with two parallel white stripes on the sides of the arms and legs forming the insignia of the Inquisition's capital 'I' at the elbows and knees. He wears black boots and black gloves, which go over his buttoned sleeves to the lower wrist. A collar that rises high at the back of the neck, is black as well.

Personality: Everett tends to seem tired of his work. Indeed, he certainly loves history and the knowledge that it brings. However, applying his passion to his work for so long has often killed his interest in it; particularly from repeating many of the same lessons and briefings to higher officials time and time again.

Perhaps a bit depressed, it is very difficult to see as he is a firm standing individual. Furthermore he seems to have very little fear of anything, especially for not being trained in the arts of war and combat of any kind. He stands unperturbed beside the other members of Gabrien's ever changing retinue, despite some of their insanely significant oddities. He has never feared any of his team members, but some certainly stand out in his mind from the rest in terms of making him uneasy or flat out disgusted...'An Inquisitor's retinue fills with quite the extensive variety, to say the least,' he would mutter. He does not fear death in itself, but rather fears that he will not have achieved certain desires before that time; in particular is his fear of never having sex with a woman who truly admires him back, who loves him even. With his family's wealth, affording lucrative services hasn't been a problem but not something he has delved into very often. Whenever he did he found it wasn't what he was looking for.

When in a conversation or listening to others speak, he has a habit of making it known in his posture, facial expression, and tone of voice that he is bored and disinterested. It takes a lot to impress him. He despises stupidity and admires intelligence and naturally finds the former all too common over the latter. One thing he has found he likes about Inquisitor Gabrien is his intellect, even though he finds his radical ways displeasing. In truth, likely his deepest kept secret, he feels the Inquisition is a repulsive branch of the Imperium. He feels that its goals and means are counter-intuitive to all that he knows through studying history. Barbaric and foolish, in his opinion. Humanity kills its own kind out of fear and wonders why its enemies are so humored and baited by their declaration of strength. He copes and deals with the situation effectively enough, as he has his reasons for being where he is.

Two things he finds he has in common with nearly all men, is his genuine love for song and desserts.

Background:

He was born onto a Hiveworld, in a top-tier dwelling family in the system closest to the Aridor system within the realm of Ultramar. His parents cared mostly just to increase the value and sound of their own name and legacy with him. They wanted children who were all successful. They cared more about this so they could tell their peers what successful offspring they had rather than for their childrens' actual well-being. Not that he entirely minds, as their methods still got him a good, educated life; and money has never been much of an issue.

He was shipped to the renowned scholar institution of Aridor III at the age of 12 to begin his educations. From having to listen to his parents talk to their peers so often, he found he did rather enjoy hearing them speak of the family's history. Who had been what and done what and gone where and how each generation effected the next. When he saw a much wider expanse of the galaxy and learned of many realms and empires he was fascinated at the possibilities of similar stories but on a much wider, much more interesting scale.

By the age of twenty he was incredibly affluent in all the Imperium's history, all that was able and allowed to be taught at least. Though through this amount of knowledge figuring out questionable truths and classified events was never difficult for this keen young man.

He quickly found himself a stable and profitable career in advising newly stationed planetary governors within the Realm of Ultramar. He became widely known in this area, helping numerous governors rule smoothly over their new population. There was always a steady influx of customers willing to pay for his services. With the size of the Realm of Ultramar, there were countless Governors dropping dead from age or disease alone. When new ones were appointed by the Imperium and suddenly placed in a completely foreign environment, or heirs that had never paid attention, they often reached out for services such as his. He would not tell them how they should rule, that was entirely up to them. What he did, was inform them of the people they had been placed in rule of: their history, culture, habits, etc., so the planetary governors at least knew what to expect with the indoctrination of new laws or commands and how best to conduct the gathering of Imperial tithes there.

After nearly 18 years of this, Everett simply grew tired of it. It was extensive travelling often on his own purse, and he found too many of the Imperium's planetary governors to be half-witted morons. Too often for 18 years, he was giving the same old obvious-to-him pieces of advice. One day he received a message from an Inquisitor, one named Erismis Gabrien. He was anything but fond of the Inquisition but it absolutely be a change of pace, still be good pay, and hopefully mean more time with intelligent peoples of varying histories and cultures. Even better, he would surely get to see parts of the Imperium's history that his schooling could never show him.

Time of service: About 7 years.

(Really guessed at what a prestigious historian would be wearing in this version of the 41st millenium...)

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Alright, I said I would be making my choices today, and here they are.

Lord of the Night as Kreshk the Kroot Mercenary

Lord Ramo as Sister Sara Hyderon the Hospitaller

Jackinator as Amber Cloud the Ganger

Angel Encarmine as Demetrius the Astropath

Midge9 as Selnak Grex the Mercenary

Santaire as Methanor Regis the pilot

unxpekted as Everett Evangaluff the Officially Sanctioned Governmental & Professional Historian of the Imperium. So Declared by the Honourable and Prestigious Mastering Intellectual Center of Aridor III: Aridor system, Realm of Ultramar. (Or the Historian for those who don't want a mouthful every time.)

So right now we have one Savant, three Warriors, a Mystic, and a Pilot. Some of you may notice that the pilot is in the warrior catagory; but to be honest it doesn't really feel like it fits in that area (so its not counting in that area.)

To those of you I have turned down so far, that would be Archaon18, Romero, Rems, Azurman, you are welcome to submit a character from one of the remaining available classes.

If you would like to get some idea as to why I ultimately said no to your characters then feel free to PM me.

And Azurman, in regards to this post:
you said:
ill be working on a second character just incase i don't get the corsair and if i don't get the second one then well i get the picture
What exactly are you implying there in the end?

Are you honestly insinuating that if I turn you down twice its because I don't want you to partake in this? I do hope that is not what you mean, because thats rather petty and insulting.

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Looks like a good group. All Y'alll that didn't get a character approved, try again. I look forward to seeing new characters pop up.

·
Reaper of Souls
1,303 Posts
Change made, just waiting on the pm now.

Sorry for making the mistake in the first place. Gah, it was so dumb :headbutt:

:laugh:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Sweet, am looking forward to this, and good to see we got some great characters.

Edit: I look forward to the PM regarding how Sara aids the Inquisitor.

Made the cult change.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Congrats it everyone got in.
I've got my sights on two furer ones, so I think I'll give this one a miss. I think I can also guess why I wasn't accepted, as I've never written a Recruitment post (Baring a LOTR one).

The remaining classes, after DR's last post are: Navigator and 1 or 2 Savants.

·
Registered
657 Posts
will have a xenologist up soon just need to do some research.
no darkreaver it's not that i thought you didn't want me its that i understand im still a rookie at rps and that my writing skills do need to improve.

·
Banned
1,442 Posts
Name: Johan Galily

Appearance: Johan is stands at 6 foot exactly. He is a scrawny figure and used to be the kind of person you wouldn’t notice. But his hair is a fiery red that looks like a blazing halo around his cold face. His face itself bears two prominent scars. One cuts across the left side of his mouth and the other from his right ear down to his chin. If they give him pain then Johan never shows it. His eyes a piercing blue that unnerves all who meet his gaze. His jaw is square and solid. His teeth are well kept with a white gleam to them that only adds to his preaches.

Johan is clad like all Abbots. He wears a simple robe of deep crimson and a plain mitre sits atop his head. Upon his robe hang countless purity seals and other holy relics. Set upon his chest is his symbol of office, his Rosarius, which also acts as his personal shield. Hanging from his hip is a heavy tome which records the ascension of the Emperor. The book is like the bible of the Imperium and so its cover is stamped with the iconic symbol of the Imperium. Hanging from his waist like a tabard is a long role of scripture, yet another holy writing that Johan carries to help enforce his words. Beneath his robes Johan wears armour of blessed steel. His boots, the falls of which echo through the dreams of heretic and loyalist alike, are beaten but solid. His hands are clad in steel gauntlets that have more than once delivered the Emperor’s bidding. At his neck is the single piece of technology upon Johan. An old fashioned rebreather, supported by a ring of steel, circles his neck. Chains adorn his person, all blessed steel, all to represent the imprisonment of Johan’s soul.
Another chain hangs like a necklace from Johan’s neck, upon it hangs an empty cage of which only Johan knows the purpose of.

In his right hand Johan will always hold his trusted Power Maul, Imperatore. And at his waist will be the ‘Ripper’ autopistol with which he delivers the Emperor’s words in battle. Both weapons have time and time again handed out the Emperor’s justice to heretics. Although not trained in the ways of war Johan can wield his weapons well enough to defend himself and give an example to others.

In battle Johan is a fearsome sight. His red hair looks like fiery inferno and with his robes billowing and his chains rattling he cuts down heretics and other enemies of the Imperium. His boots fall heavily to the ground and the thud of them strikes fear into corrupt hearts. His pistol spitting death and his Maul swinging through the air force back the enemy. But worst of all his voice, the roaring voice. His words strike fear into corrupt hearts and give hope to beleaguered Imperial defenders. Johan’s way with words is truly a terrifying sight.

Personality: A preacher by heart, Johan is loud in every way. He will never hesitate to speak his mind, even if it greatly offends others. He has never counted anyone a friend as he has no time for comforts such as that. But when he speaks it is in such a way that people are drawn to him and you cannot help but listen to his words. Many times he has whipped a peaceful group into a screaming mob with just a few well-placed words.

Quirk: Johan bears no respect for his senior ranking officers; his only leader is the Emperor.

Fear: Johan has a great fear of the day that the Adeptus Ministorum will collapse and the galaxy fall to Chaos.

Secret: Johan has one secret that burns his soul. During his journeys he came across the world of Thurig, a peaceful mining planet with few inhabitants. Johan detected heresy in one family and so, gathering a group of miners with him, he broke into the home and swung his maul. Yet instead of his maul meeting with a heretic it met with the small body of a girl, no more than 8 summers long. Johan fell to his knees and desperately tried to save the child’s life but it was too late. His maul had killed an innocent child and her face still haunts his dreams.

Background: Johan was born on Ophelia VII, a world second only to Terra in holiness. But the beginning of life was not good for Johan. His parents abandoned him, believing his red hair to be a sign of Chaos. The screaming baby was found outside one of the many cathedrals upon the world. Taken in by one of the Confessors he was named Johan after his finder. From his discovery till he was 14 Johan was raised by the cathedral. During that time he was taught all there was to know about the Emperor and the Adeptus Ministorum. He grew up listening to the fiery sermons that the Confessor’s held. And he was taught basic weapon skills as to defend himself when he left the cathedral. But a the age of 14 it was time for his proper training to begin. Although it pained the members of the cathedral that had grown to love the red haired orphan they knew that with the childhood he had had he would make a great Abbot. And so they presented him to the Adeptus Ministorum themselves for their decision.

Johan was taken into a small room and held in a chair with iron straps as an iron helmet blinded him. Robed techs checked the boy’s height, weight, faith and potential. Finding him worthy he was presented to a Confessor who taught him all he knew. Johan spent three years being drilled on Imperial creed and the price of straying from it. He was taught self-defence so as to protect him while he spread the word of the Emperor. And with the rest of the small group of Neophyte Abbots he fought with staff and club to expel the weak and sinful from the group. During those battles Johan showed great promise. Every time he rallied the strong to his side and as a well ordered group they swept aside all that stood against them. Through those sound tactics Johan never once was beaten and remained through the training until he was deemed ready.

Johan was presented with ‘Imperator’ and a autopistol and sent out to spread the word of the Emperor. Unlike many other Confessors’ Johan was assigned to no set planet, system or sector. Nor was he assigned to a regiment or ship. He was given free reign, allowed to wander the Imperium, bringing he light of the Emperor to the darkness. But before he left Johan went once more to the cathedral where he had been raised. There he blessed every member of the cathedral that had raised him and grown to love him. It was then that the Confessor that had first found him and come to think of Johan as a son presented Johan with his most prized possession, a ‘Ripper’ autopistol. Johan took the gracious gift and thanked the confessor. And then with a tear in his eye he said his final goodbyes to the cathedral and left, never to return.

Johan wandered the stars for decades, giving light wherever he found darkness and, when needed, fire to remove the sin. As he travelled his legend travelled with him. On every planet he visited a shrine was built to him in memory. His acts are stuff of greatness. Many times he has arrived upon an oppressed world and rallied the inhabitants to rebel against the oppressors. Although not a great fighter himself it mattered not for his voice provides him with more weapons than he could wish for. It was during his travels that Johan came across the Inquisitor Gabrien. Curious of the radical Inquisitor Johan tagged along with him to study the man more carefully. Impressed by what he saw Johan offered his services and has served with Gabrien ever since.

Time of Service: 97 years

Primary equipment: Rosarius, Power Maul, ‘Ripper’ Auto pistol

Auxiliary equipment: Shotgun, war-hammer

Abilities: warrior-priest (abbots are members of the Ecclesiarchy for whom the call to battle is as strong as that of being a servant of the Emperor. Abbots are fighters and preachers.

Really hope it is good enough

·
Reaper of Souls
1,303 Posts
Final change made Reever, I hope it's okay now.

Edit: Just read this:
Thanks for that 'buddy'. Consider it changed.
What is with the quote marks Romero, did I offend you is some way? If so then I apologize

·
Banned
1,442 Posts
Not at all Santaire, quite the opposite.. I just put quote marks there because you aren't really my buddy as such as I don't know you.

Sorry if it offended you.

And i have to thank you on making the pilot of yours as it inspired me to write two, in my eyes, better characters.

·
visit roleplay threads!
2,259 Posts
You alright Reever? Thought I must have missed the action thread going up, but I dont see it.

Any estimations on when its going up? I forget if you've mentioned it, so I'll go back and check as well.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
You alright Reever?
Yeah I'm fine, was feeling a tad under the weather earlier in the week for some reason.

Thought I must have missed the action thread going up, but I dont see it.
That would be because its not up yet.

Any estimations on when its going up? I forget if you've mentioned it, so I'll go back and check as well.
You know me, I tend to keep answers like that rather vague. I will say that I had intended for it to go up tomorrow, but work hasn't exactly been the most kind this week free time wise (I hit overtime before lunch today.) Without giving away exactly when I will start the show, I'll say expect it before the end of this weekend.

I always intended this week of not putting it up, simply to give others a chance to make a character.

Now onto something related to the startup; I mentioned before that I wasn't sure about how I wanted to handle recruitment after the action thread starts. My decision is that recruitment will remain open, until all of the slots have been filled. After that recruitment will close, but may re-open should we lose players (IE they have to drop out, not their characters die.)

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Right, so that bit of downtime was fun wasn't it?

At any rate, a few minutes after this post goes up so will the action thread, for what is the fourth, and hopefully last, time. I look forward to seeing how the things to come are handled.

·
Reaper of Souls
1,303 Posts
Yay. Finally I'll have time to post.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts