Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
for the corsair is it a power sword or a chainsword?

·
Reaper of Souls
1,303 Posts
Neither, it's just a sword. Otherwise it would actually say power sword or chainsword

·
Registered
657 Posts
i just thought id ask as those are the two that eldar usually have

·
Reaper of Souls
1,303 Posts
No, only striking scorpions get chainswords and only banshees, shining spears, dire avenger exarchs and HQ choices get power swords. Everyone else gets swords and knives for close combat weapons

·
visit roleplay threads!
2,259 Posts
I have to admit, inquisition stuff isn't really my cup o' tea. It always seems so...I dunno, strange and almost random.

Here's a question, why would an inquisitor of the ordo xenos run around with a kroot or corsair? I am not saying they wouldn't. I have never bothered to read any inquisition based novels from BL or anything like that yet so it could be fairly commonplace for all I know.

Before I can make a sheet, and I will do some reading and research on my own as well, I need to know more about how all these different types of people end up being part of a retinue. How do retinues usually work? Why would their be a cage fighter on what seems like a detective mission, alongside a priest of the Imperium no less. Or an arbite with a ganger?

If I figure some more of this stuff out DR I will probably try to get a character together. I honestly have no idea which one I would pick yet though haha.

·
Registered
657 Posts
santaire quite a few of the eldar army has chainswords such as:
.storm gaurdians
.striking scorpions
.autarchs
.pirates

and for power swords:
.autarchs
.banshees
.dire avnger exarch
.shining spear exarches
.swooping hawk exarches

although the storm guardians don't get the +1 strength model and fluff wise there still chainswords.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Here's a question, why would an inquisitor of the ordo xenos run around with a kroot or corsair? I am not saying they wouldn't. I have never bothered to read any inquisition based novels from BL or anything like that yet so it could be fairly commonplace for all I know.
Radicalism. Some Inquisitors do hire alien mercenaries to serve them, provide their opinions and technology when going up against a bigger threat. The more dangerous aliens don't normally work with them, Kroot and Eldar are some of the few races that will since they have their own mercenaries who don't particularly care who they work for.

Before I can make a sheet, and I will do some reading and research on my own as well, I need to know more about how all these different types of people end up being part of a retinue. How do retinues usually work? Why would their be a cage fighter on what seems like a detective mission, alongside a priest of the Imperium no less. Or an arbite with a ganger?
Inquisitors hire whomever they feel will be useful to them in the future. They might take a cage-fighter for some muscle in fights, somebody to intimidate people or to serve as a bodyguard. An Arbites could provide useful knowledge of Imperial Law, liase with local Arbites precints to make sure they work together well or stay out of the way. Every acolyte has a use and the Inquisitorial retinue can contain people of widely different backgrounds who must work together despite radically different professions.

LotN

·
visit roleplay threads!
2,259 Posts
Hmm, thanks for the replies vaz and Lotn.

So with that info in mind, it seems that an inquisitor would usually be looking for people who have particularly high levels of skill, talent, and/ or authority? Or is that not always the case?

If they do, then I assume my character background should include him or her becoming very good at something; known for it well enough to catch the eye of an Inquisitor.

·
Registered
657 Posts
name=saim seachmall

age=796 terran years

appearance=a long black ponytail trails down his back to his belt,no fringe is on his head and no age is upon his face.his dark blue eyes are like a dark abyss interlaced with flashes of red,saim has only his right ear as his left was taken by dark eldar wyches when fighting for the tau.he still wears his craftworld’s armor from his days as an aspect warrior but over the top he wears a dark leather cloak inscribed with the names of his friends and family.around his neck he wears a leather necklace and on it hangs his craftworld’s rune,the shadow specters rune and the rune of kurnous all made from wraithbone.

personality=saim is very secretive and quick to anger,he is not trustworthy to most but the inquisitor has shown him kindness that he wishes to repay.in front of friends he is hyper and wise but to others he is a shadow and death.he is a good pilot having gone along the path of the mariner but flying he is not a fan of for him true freedom and happiness lies in the hunt and so he is a fan of his long rifle and often uses shrubbery to hide him until its time to strike.no one knows why but if he hears anything against him he goes a bit psychotic to them like that of his former corsair ally.

quirk=due to his parents death and seeing assault marines in battle saim will not go five terran minutes without either gazing over head or scanning nearby buildings/trees for assault astartus which often puts his comrades at edge.another of his quirks is that he is an extreme follower of kurnous eldar god of the hunt and as such enjoys hunting and will always take around a leather necklace with a rune of kurnous,of the shadow specters shrine and his craftworld crafted from wraithbone which were passed down to him at his parents death.

fear=for almost his whole life a constant worry has hung on his shoulders about his family,when he was only a child his craftworld went to war with astartus of the hounds of demos chapter were his mother a guardian and his father a shadow specter fell in combat to the 4th company’s assault marines,since that day he has had a hatred and a fear of assault marines and as such has an even greater hatred for raptors but he also does not trust those of the swooping hawks aspect.

secret=despite the fact that for the past 5 years saim has had undying loyalty towards inquisitor Gabriel even he does not know all of his dark secrets,saim has been a corsair for 20 years before he joined the inquisitor and has committed many crimes.one of his first atrocities was when another member of his corsair group seeked to kick him out of the group and so he snuck into his chamber and butchered him leaving his mangled body shredded by his sword.another was when he was hired by a tau sept but at the end of it when the ethereal asked him to join the greater good he left a shuriken in his skull and fled stealing one of there own vessels.his most resent and definatly his most evil crime was when he damned a whole planet to exterminatus by opening a warp gate after being tricked by the fateweaver and so all the innocents burned because of him and this has left a heavy burden on his shoulders.

background=as a child he was born into the craftworld of mymeara in there isolation.his dad joined the shrine of irillyth becoming a shadow specter.when he was of age he joined the path of the awakening learning to see all those tiny aspects of life and his surroundings that too others would seem insignificant.shortly after choosing his path his craftworld went to war with the imperium,at first it seemed insignificant but the 4th company of the hounds of demos became to dangerous and eventually reached the craftworld.like most his age he was hidden as he could not fight and he remained there for weeks.eventually the fighting was over and the invaders driven back but at a cost.

as the eldar wandered the ruined streets collecting the dead saim sprinted for his home to see his family but what he saw was not.the doors were shattered and piles of assault marines piled outside.upon walking around through the doorway he dropped to his knees.in front of him lay his father’s body encased in his armor but with bolter holes in his chest and pinned to the wall behind him was his mother in guardian armor stuck to the wall by a combat knife.after restoring the craftworld was restored and his path mastered saim changed to the path of the warrior.saim began his training as a striking scorpion in the temple to karandras.for years he fought on behalf of his craftworld against orks,humans and anyone else that posed a threat.

he eventually mastered that and started along the path of the mariner.a few years after starting the path his ship was raided by corsairs and its crew taken prisoner.soon after the captain and saim got on well and he eventually joined them and soon became his second in command.he spent the next twenty years as a corsair leading his own fleet raiding,mercenary work just about anything that he could get cash for.one day wile his fleet were docked in a planet somewhere in the mare system,as saim was sat in the pub when a strange hooded figure approached him.the figure told him of an artifact deep in some ruins on the planet of tolyar II.he said that the artifact was of great use and a mighty reward would be give upon its return.

eager to get the reward he quickly started his ship and single handedly left for the planet of tolyar II.upon landing on its surface siam saw nothing but waste and ash.the surface was completely barren and flat apart from a single doorway leading into the planets depths.siam ran into the doorway without hesitation,upon entering he just saw endless tunnels and countless doorways and iron coffins lining the walls.siam spent weeks down there wandering the corridors until finally he saw down the long corridor at the end sat an altar and on top lay an amulet with a strange green glow.siam ran over to the altar but before he could grab it a voice came from the other end of the corridor.the voice came from a human who turned out to be the inquisitor.the inquisitor also seeked the amulet for xenos research but siam wasn't giving up that easy.wile the inquisitor wasn't looking the corsair grabbed the amulet from the altar right before i crash could be heard all around.as the inquisitor chased the eldar along the corridor they noticed the coffins had opened,down the end of the corridor a warrior of the necrontyr stood taring down the intruders.the inquisitor and siam had to fight together in order to escape and when they finally found the exit siam pledged his allegiance to the inquisitor and the inquisitor got his amulet.

time of service=saim has stood by the inquisitor for the past 5 terran years and not once has he shown the lightest dislike of the human despite there meeting.

paths=saim has tread the paths of the awakening,the warrior and the mariner before going along the path of the outcast.

hope this is ok

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
So with that info in mind, it seems that an inquisitor would usually be looking for people who have particularly high levels of skill, talent, and/ or authority? Or is that not always the case?
An inquisitor may take people on for a variety of reasons; because they have useful skills, hidden potential, a sound mind, authority/access to various bodies or institutions that might make working easier, or know people.

As has been said, the retinue of an inquisitor can vary wildly. This comes, in part, from the beliefs and actions of the inquisitor himself. An inquisitor may favour brains over brawn, his/her retinue made up of people who do not fight and a platoon of inquisitorial storm troopers do the dirty work.

i just thought id ask as those are the two that eldar usually have
On the table-top, yes those are the two that Eldar forces can swap out for, but no they are not the only ones they have. There are also the witch blades of warlocks and farseers, rune-crafted blades, or ancient weapons like the Spear of Twilight that the pirate prince Yriel uses.

Having said the above, and having looked at the characters already pending, I now know three things: I have a lot of work ahead of me, there is something I forgot to mention, and information on inquisitor Gabrien might be nice for you all (if only to get a better sense of the man.)

So what is it I forgot? Setting; not where this is taking place but rather when. This RP is set in 740.M41, or the 740th year of the 41st millenium.

That means that the Damocles Gulf Crusade has not yet occurred, and more importantly the Tyranids have not been encountered yet. (Those events occurred, respectively from 742 to 745 and 745 to 746.)

This changes things for some or even all of you, because any mention of those events or later ones like the thirteenth black crusade are off the table. So where people need to, please make changes to your backgrounds, personality, or appearance.

Keep in mind that though the Imperium at large has had no contact with the Tau, this does not mean that others have not, and the same goes for the Kroot.

Next, Gabrien himself (and it is indeed Gabrien, not Gideon or Gabriel as some people have mistyped.) Inquisitor Gabrien is a member of the Ordo Xenos and has been such a member for the better part of two centuries. Gabrien is a radical amongst the inquisition, however this label comes from his views, not so much his actions; for he is part of the Xenos Hybris faction within the inquisition.

This group believes that the only way for the Imperium to survive and move forward is through study and co-operation with aliens. It is for this fact alone that Gabrien has no qualm with allying himself with a Kroot Mercenary or Eldar Corsair (any one reason why both such characters might be willing to work with him.)

But this is a radical belief, branding Gabrien as such despite the fact that beyond it, most of his actions are more in line with several hard line puritans. He is not above using overwhelming force, and maintains the use of three platoons of inquisitorial storm troopers aboard the inquisitorial light cruiser that Gabrien and his people travel the stars within. (Thats right, no fancy gun-cutter or dealing with rogue traders. Gabrien brings the might of the inquisition with him to the point of a warp capable ship.)

As for Gabrien himself, the man is over two hundred in age and suffers from a blood disorder which is slowly killing him (slow as it may be.) This disorder turns his own blood toxic, to the point where it begins to erode the arteries, veins, and organs unless regularly cleansed. It was not always so, but Gabrien does not speak of what brought this about and only those who have served with him at the time know what happened. (I will not be revealing when that happened, but if your time of service does put the character there, I'll be letting you know.)

Despite this, Gabrien is a powerful psyker, and is fascinated with other alien races. He has met high inquisitor Bronislaw Czevak, but the two do not see eye to eye on the merits of the use of Eldar technology.

·
Registered
657 Posts
On the table-top, yes those are the two that Eldar forces can swap out for, but no they are not the only ones they have. There are also the witch blades of warlocks and farseers, rune-crafted blades, or ancient weapons like the Spear of Twilight that the pirate prince Yriel uses.
ye i know there are others but considering that a.you said that he's not aloud to have walked the path of the seer and b.he aint a powerful autarch like yriel those are like the only two unless you go for exarch weapons like warp spider powerblades.

·
Reaper of Souls
1,303 Posts
Name: Methanor Regis

Profession: Pilot

Appearance: Tall, dark skinned and dark haired, Methanor looks the part of the pilot, if only because he is so obviously Glavian. The bio circuitry present in almost all Glavians is also present in his hands, enabling him to react faster and draw far more performance from his craft than a normal pilot would be able to. He normally wears the red-piped black suit of a Glavian pilot and he does so proudly. He is, or more accurately was, roguishly handsome and had a string of female admirers across a dozen worlds. His looks are marred however by a single scar that cuts down from his forehead, passing over his left eye to end a couple of centimetres below his eye. The eye itself has been replaced with a bionic one, even finer than his original organic eye. The scar itself is still on his face and could probably be healed but Methanor refuses any offers of repairing the damage. He says it is a lesson to him for not being quick enough. Despite the scar he retains is features, due to juvenant treatments he appears to have barely aged since being recruited, fifty-years as Gabrien’s pilot looking like five.

Personality: A damn good pilot and he knows it. Unfortunately this has the result of making him colossally arrogant, though not stupidly so. Quite possibly the most irritating person in the entire team, not through design but through an overbearing cockiness and refusal to be ‘harnessed’, for want of a better term. He has the kind of attitude towards Gabrien that with more zealous inquisitors would have had him shot, hung, drawn and quartered, been resurrected and then had it done all over again. However, having worked with the Inquisitor for around fifty years he is tolerated. He gets the feeling that the Inquisitor actually prefers him cocky and confident than meek and submissive as he was for the first few years of their work together.
Quirk - An annoying habit of whistling when bored. Most of the time he does not even notice he is doing so until someone tells him to shut up. The rest of the time he does it deliberately to annoy the others
Fear - Methanor has one true fear, one thing that he dreads more than anything or anyone else in the galaxy. He dreads a cage, to stay behind bars until death takes him. To be taken from his ship, to be bereft of friends, to be trapped in a cage until all chance of freedom has gone beyond recall or desire.
Secret - Not actually a complete jackass, he just acts that way. He actually has grown to care, in his own way, for the members of the team.
Serious Secret - The person who gave him the scar. Not a Chaos worshipping cultist as the official report states, but his own brother who had been corrupted by Chaos. He hides it out of shame and a fear that all the trust and ‘friendship’, in the loosest sense of the word, he has built up with the rest of the team will be shattered if they ever learn of it. He would go to great lengths to keep it secret but halts at actually harming anyone who attempts to spread the secret. Unless of course they are alien or Chaos oriented.

Background: Born and raised on Glavia, a planet where children learned to fly before they even learned to walk. Some of the greatest pilots in the Imperium were born on Glavia, and Methanor is true to his race. He proved to be an excellent pilot, even for his people. He could have earned a position at any flight school in the sector, hell; he could have started his own one. But a life of teaching was not for him. He longed for the thrill of the chase, the exhilaration of flying through gunfire and smoke with nothing but his skill and a little bit of luck to protect him from the foe.

Therefore he enrolled in the Navy and was given a position as a Lightning pilot along with his elder brother Marak who served as his mechanic to Marak’s constant irritation that it was not him who flew the craft. But Marak was merely good and Methanor was a far superior pilot, indeed he was renowned as an ace, claimed to be one of the best of his generation. He always disputed this claim, claiming there were many better but he was always pleased by this claim and eventually stopped disputing it and even began to believe it himself.

Methanor knew that Marak resented being his mechanic and so he offered an apology and a hope that Marak would soon be granted a ship of his own. But the first seeds of jealousy had already been sown and nothing Methanor could do would halt their growth.

They served in numerous theatres of war, Methanor’s reputation only growing. He proved himself an ace many times over, each time only adding to his reputation until even his fellow aces were lauding his achievements, though they would never admit it to him for fear of making his arrogance even greater.

Methanor was twenty-nine and had proved his skill as one of the best pilots in the fleet, if not the best, when he finally met Gabrien. The Inquisitor had lost his pilot in a mission and was looking for a replacement. Methanor and Marak appeared the ideal pair. And so the Inquisitor recruited them, knowing of the growing malice and jealousy in Marak’s heart but undersstanding that he could not get Methanor without bringing Marak along for the ride. They served the Inquisitor together for eleven years but while Marak remained submissive Methanor began to grow more confident and for three years then been as confident as he had been behind the controls of a Lightning in their days in the Guard and Marak was furious that Gabrien did not curb his brother’s growing boldness. Gabrien watched the growing resentment between the pair and did nothing, knowing it would be impossible to halt

So, it was the anniversary of their joining of the Inquisitor, as they sat drinking in an inn on a backwater planet where Gabrien was investigating a fanatical group worshipping a rival inquisitor and was just about to make his move that Marak revealed his true allegiance. As they were drinking a group of Chaos cultists attacked the village.

They massacred the villagers and so Methanor and Marak were left facing fifteen cultists. Methanor fired and killed three of them before he realized Marak was not firing. Turning to his brother he saw the knife coming down and hurled himself backwards. He was not fast enough to avoid it completely though, and it carved a bloody furrow into his features, scarring him forever and not just physically. Even as he fell backwards, screaming in pain, Marak was raising the knife again, bloody minded triumph in his eyes.

Then Methanor’s flailing legs struck him in the knee and he fell. As Methanor scrambled to his feet and began to run his hand snagged on something on Marak’s belt. He tore it free desperately and dived out of the inn.

The thing he had snagged was a tube charge taper.

The resulting explosion vaporized the inn and every cultist in it. Marak was among the dead. The only thing Methanor would say to his fellow squad members was that it was a cultist that had scarred him and then he would fall silent with a look of sadness on his face. No one pushed him to answer.

When Methanor was fully recovered and spoke with the inquisitor, Gabrien revealed that he knew of the treachery in Marak's heart, saying 'Did you ever wonder why an entire squad of storm troopers arrived on scene so quickly?'

For the next year Methanor was noticeably quieter until he regained his old arrogance. He has since only increased in skill, both as a pilot and as a fighter. Though mostly as a pilot. His arrogance has grown greatly also, but so has his care for those whose lives rest upon his shoulders. For he knows that should he fail, should Lady Luck withhold her blessing then every single one of them will die. From vacuum exposure, being burnt up in the atmosphere or being simply vaporized as the craft explodes.

Service: Fifty years as Gabrien’s pilot, going on fifty-one. After so much time fighting with the Inquisitor he has gained what might be termed a friendship with Gabrien. Though even the Inquisitor is sometimes tempted to throttle him.

Happy to make any changes you want Reever :)

And if you choose Romero for the pilot I'll have a character up for a different class.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I removed the reference to Gabrien's fears of the Tyranid menace but kept the genestealer plotline. Genestealers, originally thought native to Ymgarl and their own species were still a galactic menace even before the Tyranid Hive Fleets showed up, first documented M.35.

If you want me to change it anyway however i will do so.

·
Banned
1,442 Posts
Well i have decided to pull out my pilot as Santaire seems to know more about them and frankly, wnat it more. So inspired by the upcoming Judge Dredd movie, here is an Adeptus Arbites

Name: Johan Ortega

Appearance: An imposing figure clad in the jet black carapace armour of the Adeptus Astartes. Standing at 6 foot 2 he is truly a giant. Beneath his beaten helmet that covers all his face but his jaw lays a beaten face. One eye is nothing but a hole while the other is a bloodshot eye with a brilliant blue iris. His short hair is a shocking white and it is bedraggled and uncombed. Scars cover his face, the most prominent being the two parallel scars that cut across his face, the same wound that claimed his eye. His jaw is square and his features rugged and once handsome, but the years of brutal law have scarred his face badly. Rough stubble adorns his chin, the same white as his hair. His helmet itself is marked with slashes and scratches across its face and back but still retains its intimidating appearance. Scrawled across the side of his helmet, written in black ink, are the words “We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment”. Beneath his helmet Johan wears a flame-retardant balaclava.

His armour itself is equally beaten. Although the same jet black as the rest of the Adeptus Arbites armour the years of wear and tear has left it scratched and beaten. Although beaten it is still strong and has not once been breached by blade or bullet, and for that Johan owes it his life. Marked upon the left side of his breastplate is his sign of office, the Adeptus Arbites symbol. His bulky shoulder pads only add to his intimidating appearance although equally beaten. The right shouldergaurd bears a deep gouge in it that cuts through it, marking the path of a bullet that very nearly claimed the judges’ life. His gauntlets are beaten and stained with the blood of the criminals that have felt its metal. His old belt is weathered and worn but still holds the pouches of bullets that the judge needs to deal justice. Johan wears a combination of flexible carapace and plexi-fibres on his legs. This gives him full mobility that other carapace types do not offer. His left leg guard is battered but unbreached and bears the iconic symbol of the Adeptus Arbites, the fist clenching the scales, while his right is another story entirely. His right leg is missing below the knee, replaced instead by an intimidating metal limb that whirs when Johan walks. Again the metal is stained with blood from countless criminals. An old, slashed, worn cloak of deep crimson hangs from Johan’s shoulders and just adds to the imposing figure he makes.

Hanging at his waist is the unmistakable shape of a feared weapon, a shock maul. The weapon is dented but still a deadly weapon when wielded in the right hands and the bloodstains upon it proves Johan’s skill. The weapons grip is scratched and wrapped in old worn leather for grip. The words “To be just, our law must be cruel” are etched upon the grip in the same black ink as the words upon his helm. Slung over Johan’s shoulder, strapped to his back with old leather straps, is the bulky but formidable shape of a ‘Lawbringer’ shotgun. Its metal is battered but its parts well maintained. Again leather forms the grip of the shotgun and words in black ink upon the barrel read “No servant of the Emperor dies unavenged. No enemy of the Emperor escapes unpunished!” All in all Johan is an imposing figure and the mere sight of him has brought many hardened criminals to their knees before him.

Personality: A cold man, a typical Adeptus Arbites. Johan disposed of feelings a long time ago. For in the enforcing of Lex Imperialis there is no time for fear, regret, doubt or any other unnecessary feeling. Johan is sharp minded and highly intelligent. An excellent judge of character Johan has a knack of for reading people or picking up on mannerisms that others might miss. He has no sense of pride or bragging and has never been heard to applaud his own ability, instead moving to the next task set to him. He is uncompromising to mistakes and will always speak his mind if he feels another has made a mistake. It is said that he never sleeps and certainly none have ever seen sleep, but despite the rumours he is as quick as the day he was enlisted and in the best condition he can be in. He seems unphased by his various injuries and never bats an eyelid if someone mentions them. He is utterly dedicated to the Law and has not once shown mercy to any citizen he has caught, be they male, female, infant or alien. He is empowered to act as Judge, Jury and Executioner and to him, the law is everything. He has never once backed down from a challenge and is famous for his skills. Rarely removing his helmet he remains a mysterious figure even to his teammates and superiors and they normally leave him alone, sending others to give messages about new missions. It is for this reason that he regularly goes alone, while others are in squads. But for him this is just the way he likes it. He rarely talks and very few have heard words issue from his scarred mouth, at least few that are still alive, those that have would be wise to listen attentively to his words for he has great knowledge.

-Quirk: Johan speaks very little.

-Fear: Johan’s single fear is the day that he will be ‘let go’ of the force and he fights harder each day to postpone that date.

-Secret: Johan is constantly torn apart by horrific nightmares from his years on the force.

Background: Johan was born upon Pavons during its darkest time. His father was the legendary Adeptus Arbites, Captain Virgil Ortego. Johan was only days old when the PDF regiments of Pavons rose up against the Imperium and marched upon the Adeptus Arbites. Virgil was the commander at the time and his acts still are legendary. Wielding Shock Maul and Bolt Pistol Ortego led his fellow Judges into battle, charging from the ruins into the city square, in front of a statue of the Emperor himself. The battle that followed was the stuff of legend, the few and faithful fighting against those who would betray the Emperor, however the sheer number of tanks and soldiers of the traitor Planetary Defence Force legions slowly began to whittle away at the Arbites' numbers. Holding his few remaining men together, Captain Ortega slowly fell back to the weapons cache located beneath the Precinct house. They were able to hold back their pursuers for a while there, having an almost limitless supply of heavy weapons and ammunition, but when it became apparent that they were fighting a losing battle, Captain Ortego and his loyal Arbites came to the decision that the precious store of weapons and ammunition could not fall into the hands of the enemy. Fighting back waves of planetary defence force troops, Captain Ortego and his remaining Arbites wired and readied all of the explosives in the cache. They came very close to failure as their position was nearly overrun, but with his remaining Judge, Sergeant Collixa, covering his advance, he ran into enemy fire and as his life slipped away he detonated the munitions, dying with the rest of his men. With the renegade forces within the city killed by the resulting explosion the newly arrived Space Marines made quick work of the remaining rebels and Pavons was once again in Imperial hands. But at what cost? Every member of the planetary Adeptus Arbites had given their lives, not a single one remained.

Johan was found in his mother’s cold dead hands after the final battle and the Space Marines carried him with them until they reached the Schola Progenium upon Pavons. Accepted into the school Johan grew up like all orphans of the Schola Progenium do, with an unassailable love for the Emperor. But when the time came for Johan to move on he was unsure of his future. It was then that the single remaining member of the Adeptus Arbites that had been led by his father happened upon the boy, now 16.

Recognizing him in an instance she sat down with the boy and told the story of his father’s sacrifice. At that moment Johan knew of his fate. He must follow his father’s footsteps and enrol in the Adeptus Arbites. And so he did just that. Taken into the newly built fortress-precincts upon Pavonis he endured the same procedure that all new recruits go through, Johan was taken into a dark room within the catacombs beneath the Courthouse and sat upon a metal chair that sat in the centre of the room. Strapped in by metal straps and blinded by a metal helmet lowered onto his head Johan was set upon by sinister robed techs that set the iron chair humming with electricity as they tesed Johan for: musculature potential, psychosis level, psychic profile, ocular reflex, intelligence, pain tolerance and drug use reading which tests for signs of common drugs such as Blitz, Stimm, Frenzy, Spook, Dream-bat, Hedonic Acid, Halcyon, and Joyspike. The height of Johan was also measured exactly. If he did not meet the criterion he could be instantly rejected.

But far from being rejected the techs passed the report on to the Marshal in command who was greatly impressed. Shipping the young boy off to Alanta, a dangerous hive world infested with gangs. The Marshal there also read the report and saw great potential in the boy in front of him. Like all new recruits Johan started his career by studying the law for years, pouring over the piles of parchment, holoscript and books of Imperia law for almost three years. From there Johan became a Recruit. Trained with all Arbites weapons and in the art of armed and unarmed combat Johan showed great skill even at his age. His reputation quickly growing his first time ‘on the streets’ ended with him returning with a gang of criminals and the great praise of his Procter. From there it was as they say ’legend’. Forging a name for himself amongst the gangs Johan became a notorious figure while still a recruit. Little choice was left but to promote his to a full Adeptus Arbites. He was highly praised by all that served beside him or led him. It was clear to the Marshal that he was born for great things. Judging him worthy of the title ‘Elite’ the Marshal promoted him once again and the path had begun. Johan was given highly advanced genetic surgery to increase his output in all matters. It made him faster, stronger, cleverer and quicker.

Unfortunately Johan’s reputation to the gangs brought him a lot of unwanted attention. Time and time again he was sought out by armed gang members and nearly killed. When this became obvious Johan began refusing any companions on his missions and patrols as it was too dangerous to be near him. He seemed to stop sleeping for if he ever once shut his eyes a gun would be at his head and a knife at his throat in seconds. He lost his leg to an explosive detonated by a deranged ganger. His parallel scars from a Genestealer brood found beneath the city. His armour id dented and scratched from that and so much more. For it was not upon Alanta that his future lay. After his destruction of the Genestelaer brood Johan was promoted once more and given the title Judge. But Johan could not live with the life of most judges, sitting within the courthouse and deciding punishments. No, he longed for the streets. And so he became an exception, while still retaining his rank he once more took to the streets, becoming judge, jury and executioner to criminals he caught. It was during his time as a Judge that a mysterious Inquisitor arrived and requested a Judge to travel with him. The Marshal did not hesitate to mention Johan and he was summoned to the Courthouse. After introductions the Inquisitor, who he learnt to be called Erismis Gabrien, made his offer and Johan accepted. After his farewell to the Marshal the hardened Judge, now 57 Terran years of age, left with the Inquisitor and was never seen upon Alanta again.

During his time with Gabrien he has seen sights that would make veteran guardsmen fall to their knees and weep. He’s killed things that not even the Chaos Gods would look twice at. But he’s done it with great skill, and never once did he hesitate. Inquisitor Gabrien even once aid that the Arbites had ‘robbed the military of a fine soldier’.

Time of service: 60 years.

Primary equipment: bolt pistol or shotgun, shock maul

Auxiliary equipment: carapace armour

Abilities: Intuition (members of the Adeptus Arbites are forced to deal with scoundrels and ne’er-do-wells on a constant basis. Because of this, the Arbites have a knack for reading people or picking up on mannerisms that others might miss.)

Any changes needed just say the word Dark

·
Registered
657 Posts
ill be working on a second character just incase i don't get the corsair and if i don't get the second one then well i get the picture

·
Reaper of Souls
1,303 Posts
It was long after Behemoth so it's out of the time period by years, maybe a century and probably more

21 - 40 of 75 Posts