Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

The Terror lords warband

34K views 231 replies 21 participants last post by  Shandathe 
#1 · (Edited)
Hay all
I started 40k in the days of rogue trader, some of my chaos warband date back to those heady days of Saturday afternoons in the local gw. Though I don't miss the smell. I got back in to it in the late days of fourth and all though I don't play as much as I like, I crack on.
Recently I have more time on my hands and am actually getting through my years of hobby back log, so I thought I would start a log. I plan to show both some blasts from the past as well as the current. I try to do some minor conversion on most of my models. After all the csm are all different, all champions of chaos or I'd have a boring loyalist chapter.
I have been lurking on heresy for 3 years and over that time have gained many an inspiration from others so thought I'd give something back.
Some of you might of noticed my terminater thread in painting and modeling. But I wanted to show more so here goes. Got two projects on the go at present.
1. Terminater lord
Mecha Scale model Machine Toy Miniature

Action figure Toy Fictional character Figurine Warlord

Transformers Fictional character Megatron Decepticon

This is still work in progress

2. Decimator deamon engine
But I will put that in another post.
Peace out heretics hope you enjoy the journey.

See less See more
#212 ·
Well finally got my unit of 5 Death Guard from dark imperiam based. Still need to add some grass spots but currently my grass is winning at hide and seek.
So here they are
Fictional character Demon Figurine Action figure Warlord

Figurine Fictional character Miniature Warlord Demon

Figurine Fictional character Miniature Warlord Grenadier

After looking at these pictures I think I need to do some more work on the single eye guys face.

#216 ·
Here’s 2 more characters I finished this week.
First up the Tallyman.
Figurine Statue Sculpture Miniature Metal

Then my Lord of Contagion.
Figurine Fictional character Plant

Added a few guardsman body parts to the base. That weapon shouts a narrative from the rooftops.
Demon Warlord Fictional character Miniature Supernatural creature

Only a plague caster to go!:victory: for the infantry. Then I’ve got another RT Predator to fix up, though this one will be rocking some las Cannons and a RT Rhino to strip and paint.

Attachments

#219 ·
Well I’ve been procrastinating over this model for nearly three years. Finally I got the balls to put it together and chuck some paint on. So here’s where I’m at with my Kytan.
Auto part Engine Scrap

Auto part Engine Vehicle Metal

The legs on this model were a total bitch to put together. But now it’s built I’m well chuffed. Enjoy heretics!

#223 ·
So here’s an update on some of the things I’ve done since my last post.
Technology Auto part Machine Games Art

Fictional character Plant Squad Orc Demon

Nearly finished with the death Guard, I have a contempter, another rogue trader predator and a rogue trader whirlwind and they are done.
Then back to my neglected Lords of terror with maybe some kill team rogue trader thrown in.

#225 ·
I painted shaded highlighted the gun. Then with an airbrush, I lightly sprayed a very watered down army painter weapon bronze round the end of the barrels then a very watered down Vallejo imperial blue(blue/purple) followed by a watery Kantor blue then some matt black at the end. Make sure you leave a little of each colour showing.
This could also be done with a brush, but would have to water the paint a lot and wait for it to dry between the layers would take a long time.

#232 ·
Think Imperial Knight mounted from the hips on a slightly shortened Baneblade. Maybe @DaisyDuke can put a picture up with a reference model or two?

As for the Belly gun being funny... I've never really been a fan of the concept, though I'm glad this one's modeled with one of the less suggestive guns. This one at least looks like a belly rahter than a... well, let's just agree the Stompa's version is beyond saving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.