Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #162

Attachments

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #164 (Edited)
Love the bloat drone. Did you paint it in sub assemblies, or did you make the same mistake as me and put it together first?
Painted it separately and then put it together. Have done the same with the Lord but not enough,I should have left the cloak section as well but unfortunately that is glued.

View attachment 959986146

Here's an old school pred that I've started but I can't decide between the original "lemon russ" style sponsons or whether to put new style ones on and then fill the side doors with skeletons to cover the hole, I've already changed where the top turret sits and given it a new style auto canon, any pointers would be nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
I've come to like the poxwalker minis despite hating them when I sat down to do 32 of them. They look good so far.
Cheers dude, much like a cultist they come up quite good after a few washes. I think the bit I'm least looking forward too is the baseing, 30 is going to be a bitch!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
You've really brought out their character.
Thanks for the comments guys :drinks:
Had my first game of 8th tonight. I think the changes have definitely speeded it up. Played a 2000 point game in less than 3 hours. And I had a 30 strong horde of pox(2x 15) walkers. And my opponent had an infantry strong salamanders primaris/guard/admech list.
Considering his firepower and the amount on the table the game went pretty smoothly, with a few more games under my belt and not having to check the data cards every 5 mins, I should be able to get up to speed.
I'll try and get his list and do a bat rep.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #173 (Edited)
So I had this demon prince that I got cheep on eBay languishing in a bag in my hobby draw cos he was missing his left hand. Then on Monday I put together 'the lord of death' and low and behold I had a left syth hand for my bits box. Then this happened.......
IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

Paint pics coming soon!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #174 (Edited)
So here's where I'm at with paint, man an airbrush speeds base painting up!
Here's what happened last night...
IMG_0157.jpg
The lord of death himself
IMG_0158.jpg
Second blight drone and plague caster
IMG_0159.jpg
Damon prince
IMG_0160.jpg
Prince base
IMG_0161.jpg
Drone base

Really enjoying the change of scheme to the death guard at the mo. Though it is a more forgiving style.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Looking good so far. I received my Morty last week. I'm toying with leaving off the flying nurglings with phosphex bombs because I know they'll break the second I try to pack him up to take to a game store. I might just shorten the chains and put skulls or SM helmets on the end of them.

161 - 180 of 232 Posts