Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

221 - 232 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
So here’s an update on some of the things I’ve done since my last post.
C8EF751B-2B3E-406E-8067-8E0455C5920E.jpg

68BE7E1C-BA5E-4D75-B26E-B0757C47E458.jpg

C3AC19BB-94EA-4930-A0FC-67401632BC89.jpg

Nearly finished with the death Guard, I have a contempter, another rogue trader predator and a rogue trader whirlwind and they are done.
Then back to my neglected Lords of terror with maybe some kill team rogue trader thrown in.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
The heat stress looks excellent, could you describe the process you used
I painted shaded highlighted the gun. Then with an airbrush, I lightly sprayed a very watered down army painter weapon bronze round the end of the barrels then a very watered down Vallejo imperial blue(blue/purple) followed by a watery Kantor blue then some matt black at the end. Make sure you leave a little of each colour showing.
This could also be done with a brush, but would have to water the paint a lot and wait for it to dry between the layers would take a long time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice Lord Of Skulls! I've always thought his belly button launcher was funny. So, I'm curious, as I've never seen one in person, about how big is one of those guys? (The lord of skulls, that is)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Think Imperial Knight mounted from the hips on a slightly shortened Baneblade. Maybe @DaisyDuke can put a picture up with a reference model or two?

As for the Belly gun being funny... I've never really been a fan of the concept, though I'm glad this one's modeled with one of the less suggestive guns. This one at least looks like a belly rahter than a... well, let's just agree the Stompa's version is beyond saving.

221 - 232 of 232 Posts