Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im some what new to 40k and i feel as if my chaos space marine army is strong but it could be stronger. (espcially against the long ranged tau pos) If any one out there has some suggestions i could use some input but heres what i got.

HQ: abbadon and a daemon prince
Troops: 6 raptors 1 champ (for the daemons prince)
7 korn bes. 1 champ( to accompany Abbadon)
6 Plauge Marines 1 champ.
Elites: 6 term. 2 of which are champs with chain fist and the rest have lightning claws
Heave support: Land raider with dozer blade
Defiler...
Summoned 1 greater daemon.

This is a rough 1750 pt army im trying to make it better...espcially against the tau and there damn rail guns! just let me know what you think about ill get back to you. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Drop Abbadon for a normal Lord - he's too expensive, and if you plan to get into cc with Tau, it doesn't matter who does it. Greater Daemons are near useless in a situation like this, so sav the 100 points. Stuff your Khorne Berserkers into the LR with the Lord, or whoever you want in there, because Tau have a hard time popping AV14 vehicles, even with the Railgun, basically, you want to drive 12" all the time and use Smoke Launchers. Plague Marines should also be in a LR or Rhino, because ar range they stink, but p close they'll wreak havoc. Maybe deep strike a Terinator Sorceror with Mark of Tzeentch and Gift of Chaos. Turning even 1 Firewarrior into a Spawn will distract the whole squad's firing for a turn.

Being a Chaos player and a Tau player, this is all the advice I can give, so good luck next time!
DH

·
Registered
6 Posts
DestroyerHive petty much has it. Although i've found that with railguns, 14 armour often isnt a problem. Your best bet is to get a speedy raider. And then put some big as mutha Greater deamon. Greater deamons have always been an issue for me. Since, as a tau player i know i need to take out transport. But if i leave it too long the big ass deamon is going to mow me down. Just make sure your ALWAYS! Advancing...Im jsut telling you what scares me when i see a CSM army. Hope it helps ;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for all of your suggestions and your welcoming to this site. i really appreciate it. I am a eager learner and hope to put your advice to work. I feel as though i am pretty much on the right track but i must say i have tried using a Lord he just didnt seem to live up to his name. Abbadon on the other hand seems to tear faces to shreds espcially when he is with some KB's. You really dont think he is worth the points?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm afraid I have no suggestions at all (i'm helpful like that)

But welcome to heresy all the same!.

here be CSM lists, so it may be a good place to have a look for ideas

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132
I actually played the blood angles at my local store the other day for the first time it was a 2000 point army. my brother in lawn and i had a 1000pts each we both played him at one. (he has the tau which is why im worried about them) The blood angles slaughtered us...haha

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Thank you for all of your suggestions and your welcoming to this site. i really appreciate it. I am a eager learner and hope to put your advice to work. I feel as though i am pretty much on the right track but i must say i have tried using a Lord he just didnt seem to live up to his name. Abbadon on the other hand seems to tear faces to shreds espcially when he is with some KB's. You really dont think he is worth the points?
Yes, I think Abbadon's too expensive to be used against Tau, the reason being because Tau's biggest weakness is close combat. For that reason, having a 225 point close combat monster is highly uneccesary. If you feel like it, you can try to roll some dice to see what would have happened if Abbadon was there and if he wasn't. I think you'll notice very little difference, because Khorne Berserkers are already masters at cc.

Perhaps against any other army, he would be a great choice, but against Tau, your points are better spent elsewhere.

Good luck!
DH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts