Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks!

I probably will, and I might throw together fluff for a post-civil war Stormhunters. The story was really supposed to be a sub-plot of a bigger story one of my friends came up with while we were playing Dark Crusade.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I'm liking the depth and ingenuity of this, I would suggest you expalin how an Inquisitor has, seemingly, survived for 3,000 years. It's a fine expalantion for the Chapter Master but before I can add you to The List (click on my sig for The List so far) the Inquisitor's continued good health needs to be plausibly explained.

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I missed that part, yes. In hindsight, it's a good thing I never metered out Julius's actual appearance.

On that note, Julius himself is a mess of bionics. He has replaced many of his failing innards with powerful bionic organs, and much of his flesh has been replaced by machinery. Some say that his body is not even his own anymore, and that he controls it via a Mind Impulse Unit in the vein of a Dreadnought. Stormhunter Techmarines have not as of yet been able to confirm this as they've not been given the opportunity to perform maintenance on the Inquisitor's cybernetic components. At 3 millenia and counting, however, this seems increasingly likely; cybernetics can only sustain one for so long.

Seizing the assets of mutinous Imperial Governors seeking to defect to the Tau Empire as a young Inquisitor made Julius a wealthy individual, and so when his flesh at last began to fail, he was able to afford some of the most sophisticated cybernetics the Imperium had to offer. His retinue has yet to reveal itself to the Stormhunters but is thought by some to include at least one Techpriest who maintains the various bionics and cybernetics that continue to sustain him.

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
UPDATED 8-26-10:

-Elaborated more on Theridus and his big ol' vision.
-Elaborated more on relations with the IF and successor chapters of.
-Added the Iron Hands to Chapter Relations/Views.

Let me know what you think!

EDIT: Orrr it didn't save properly. Darn it.

EDIT 2: And now it thinks I didn't post anything. Drat.

EDIT 3: Aw heck. Won't let me do anything to the thread.

Might as well throw it down here, since I can't fit it in the original post:

Iron Hands

Like many chapters, the majority of Stormhunters are suspicious of the Iron Hands. However, a handful of Stormhunters have become very obsessed with bionic implants and cybernetic replacements. This obsession, not localized to any one company, started with Brother Komnenos of the 5th Company. Komnenos returned from serving alongside the Iron Hands in the Zalost campaign with a Plasma Gun in hand and stated that he had learned everything about his weapon and knew how to circumvent the risks involved with it. From then on, more and more of his flesh became steel as he sought out cybernetic replacements for his various organs and appendages from campaign to campaign.

Stormhunter Chaplains are unsure of how to deal with this. Some see the influence of the Iron Hands, however small, to be a damning one and call for the purging of all cybernetic Marines throughout the Chapter. For now, Theridus has simply tried to keep the Stormhunters away from the Iron Hands in order to keep these obsessions to a minimum. It hardly helps matters that Inquisitor Julius has had the majority of his organs and flesh replaced by bionics.

Continued from Imperial Fists, etc.

In the tightly-knit brotherhood of Imperial Fists successor chapters, however, the Stormhunters are very distant brothers. Not once have they participated in the centennial Feast of Blades, as Theridus cited that his chapter was far too busy “battling the ever-present threat of Xeno incursion”. This isolationist policy towards their fellow Sons of Dorn worries quite a few Stormhunters, who feel that the chapter is forgoing the legacy of their primarch; indeed, if a chapter can disregard its primarch so easily, how hard could it possibly be to disregard the Emperor?

Continued from Theridus

The vision of Theridus was to foster Space Marines who could fight in the most hellish conditions as easily as they would an idyllic paradise. How formidable would a Space Marine be who was undeterred by virulent acid storms or terrible blizzards, who could negate the enemy’s stealth in lush and treacherous jungles and turn it against them? What if rough terrain was no hindrance to a Space Marine? That was Theridus’s great experiment: to foster Space Marines who would not be slowed, let alone stopped by any obstacle the galaxy threw at them. If the Stormhunters could thrive on a Death World, they could truly become strong…and thrive they did.

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think that's it for now. One of these days, I'll find a working badge/banner, too - the original Dark Crusade scheme had this recolored Eye-of-Sauron as the B&B, but my old laptop broke down, so I've been looking for a good B&B ever since.

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah heck. Something in the original article's preventing it from showing up, and attempts at reposting get the same result. Halp!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts