Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 426 Posts

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Life's been a little hectic lately... I've gotten a lot of progress done on a lot of models, but have completed very few things.

This is my entry for this month's Painting Deathmatch:

I'm not really happy with how it came out... admittedly, the cast was screwed up so I didn't really put that much effort into it. I may sit down and clean it up at a later date.

I've also been meaning to replace my Chapter Master model for my Lions Rampant, and finally built and painted one. I still have a lot of stuff left to do on him as far as his display base and retinue go-- the base he's on is temporary-- but here he is at the moment.

I seem to have neglected to post pictures of my gaming table. I'm still working on a lot of terrain for it-- this is about a third of the amount of terrain I like to play with on the table.

One of my favorite (and largest) buildings:

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Looks good mate, where are those little golden wings from?
They're actually off of the Rhino-- it's the little flat aquila bit. I just cut the wings from it and attached it to either side of the power pack. Although I imagine the helmet wings from the Dark Angels sprue would also work in that spot, although they'd be a lot bigger.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #48

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Interesting weathering done on the tanks, if I had to critique them it might be that they look a bit too yellow, maybe some brown around the bottom would help. The rest of the P-log looks great though, your metallics and flesh are superb! I also love the armor highlighting you gave the Dark Eldar, very nice!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
So I've been painting random stuff lately...

Captain of the Third Company, Brother-Captain Valentinian

The four Captains of the Battle Companies together-- (From left to right) Porthos, Valentinian, Vespasian, and Athos d'Elysee.

The Command Squad of the Fifth Company needed an overhaul... I still need to finish the sergeant, but...

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I'm guessing he pulled a Blood Ravens on the Dark Angels?

Good job overall. I like what I see

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I'm guessing he pulled a Blood Ravens on the Dark Angels?

Good job overall. I like what I see
My Chapter's veterans all wear robes. Not really stealing from the Dark Angels... just a way to show rank easily on the table (and convey the monastic, religious nature of the Chapter.)

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I was kidding, actually. Figured it'd be a funny comment to make

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Would you have known it was a joke had I said, "I'm guessing they pulled a Bloody Magpies on the Dark Angels?"

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Inexplicably, I never photographed any of my Land Raiders. This isn't something I painted recently, but I figured I probably ought to at least add it to the gallery album for the Chapter, and it was worth posting 'em here as well.

Land Raider Crusader attached to the Chapter Armoury

41 - 60 of 426 Posts