Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. This is my first project thread. Not big into converting, but here goes.

This is my first noise marine squad. Carved up a few tau weapons for the blasters and blast masters. Got the marines cheap on eBay, so forgive the paint jobs. It will get (in my opinion anyways) better when I get around to it.

The blast masters up close. I like how heavy the look. Metal.

My prince of excess, Velius the Devil. He doesn't look very Slaaneshi, mostly because when I was painting him I wasn't sure where I was going with my army. I realize that Slaanesh Princes are not considered optimal, but I'm alright with that. The idea that a man partied so hard he was gifted with Daemonhood and Immortality is pretty awesome. Besides, last tournament he was an absolute monster and wrecked everything that came at him.

And this is my Keeper of Secrets, Saint Ajora, the Fallen. Originally intended for her to be another flying Princess, but the wings were giving me so much trouble that she's currently a greater Daemon. The role fit her in the tournament, so she may stay as she is.

Anyways, feel free to pass along any advice. I'm figuring out the hobby aspects still, so anything is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Looking forward to seeing more of this - the demon prince is very nicely painted and with a little work those noise marines should look fantastic.

Some bigger pics of the KoS would be nice too :victory:

What else have you got planned?

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
And this is my Keeper of Secrets, Saint Ajora, the Fallen. Originally intended for her to be another flying Princess, but the wings were giving me so much trouble that she's currently a greater Daemon. The role fit her in the tournament, so she may stay as she is.
Hell yeah, another FFTactics fan. :good::good::good:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the kuddos!
Don't judge me for the noise marines, like I said, got them cheap on eBay lol. I'm hoping to actually get a little display setup so I'm not snapping pics with my iPhone on the kitchen table.

I'm planning a Lord of Change and a couple more princes for a little flying circus. There's a local tournament that does 1500 point games, and my Keeper and Prince did awesome there. Also love the idea of a horde of monstrous daemons swooping down on the enemy.

Again, apologies for image quality.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol I was wondering if anyone would ever get the reference Venomlust! Velius is also referenced to the game, and I'm debating calling my unholy band the Glabados Host.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Lol I was wondering if anyone would ever get the reference Venomlust! Velius is also referenced to the game, and I'm debating calling my unholy band the Glabados Host.
Ah I glossed over Velius, cool stuff.

I'd love to see someone create some of the main characters and jobs.

Good luck with the tourney, rape 'em good.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol I'd really like to see the main characters as well. Maybe when I get around to my imperial guard again. Get a primaris psyker, white Mage medics lol.

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
I think you have the start to a great army. I like the conversions for the Sonic Weapons. Been Pondering about good Conversions for them myself of late.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I read some awesome ideas online, but I read about the tau conversions and my brother had some weapons lying around so I took the cheaper route lol. There's lots of good stuff around though, if you have the patience

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got a couple of snow days, so instead of not being home all week, I get time off. Hopefully that means I can start working on them noise marines and maybe my poor neglected Heldrake. And paint daemons. Hmmm

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got a little painting done, and a few new models!

Here's everybody I worked on the past couple of days.

The blast master marines on an objective marker that's still very much a WIP.

Here's the big guys. I added a Lord of Change and Be'lakor, which will keep my other Prince company in the skies so he's not the only beastie my opponent has to deal with, and keep the heat off my poor foot slogging Keeper. Not sure if I'll be anymore productive this weekend, especially since I'll be getting a few games in with my brothers.

We've been doing fun little 500 point games. It's been funny with how limited our armies are, and makes you think about your strategies much differently. It's also sad when a necron overlord takes a whole turn of shooting to put down, only to have it rise up again and continue running your units off objectives lol. Anyways, I'll try to get more done this weekend

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got a little painting started this morning. It's been a long week for me, so it's nice to finally get some progress going on this project.

Here is a lord of change, who is as of yet unnamed, but I am working on it :3
His obsessive love for shiny objects and jewels led him to come under the dominion of Saint Ajora, the Keeper of Secrets, who has promised him riches in return for his allegiance. As a token of their alliance, Saint Ajora gifted this Lord of Change with an amulet that the obsessive creature couldn't refuse. Unfortunately, the daemonic amulet sapped the creature's free will and bound him to the Keeper. If the powerful Daemon of Tzeentch just removed the amulet, he could regain his freedom, but the vain creature refuses to give up his treasure and so remains bound to his new Mistress.

And here is Be'lakor. He may just stay as Be'lakor, enthralled to the Keeper of Secrets, or I may have him represent a different prince with another story. We'll have to see.

I am making up their paint schemes as I go, so it will probably be pretty rough for a while. Anyways, tips and critiques are always appreciated! Like I said, I don't have anything special planned so ideas are welcome

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got some work done on my lord of change today. Really enjoyed working on him. Got some detail work and highlighting to do, and of course basing. I don't know why I'm so opposed to getting bases done lol. Anyways, I'm hoping this beastie will be done for the tournament this weekend.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got some more pink horrors to spawn in my games. Army is getting pretty Tzeentchie, so I'm sure I'll be nabbing up some more of the scandalous daemons in the near future.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well, I suppose it is worth to know that Tzeentch and Slaanesh are relative friends, unlike how Slaanesh and Khorne hates each other. :wink: Doesn't really matter if the army gets a bit more tzeentchian. Still, quite fun fluff you wrote there.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lol thanks. I just found it funny that most of the pink in my army wouldn't be from Slaanesh units, considering the name I gave this project haha. But there is a soft spot for fireball slinging, giggling pink minions. So silly

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got some painting done on Be'lakor today. Made him purple, then he got too purple, so I made him less purple and more grey. I like how he's turned out :]

Still pretty purple, but not terribly so in my opinion. He's almost complete and ready to serve Slaanesh!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Started the horrors this week, and got some cheap screamers off eBay. Start of my mini-screamerstar unit that I'm going to try out for tournament play. Apparently mini-screamerstars aren't new, but that's fine with me.

The screamer riding herald has been my test model. Planning to do some flame effects on the hands or something. I'll be leaving this coming week, so I'll have time to plan something or get some painting done. We'll see

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah it came from a bit of laziness and not liking the disks. Didn't look very fast. This way I plan to have the heralds holding on for dear life while the screamers zip about. Was thinking of having the other herald hanging from the tail like he fell off, but pose him like he's still trying to cast spells. It was amusing in my head lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts