Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Tabitha felt like she was falling asleep when suddenly sergeant Brast told them to look for survivors. "I doubt there'll be any sane survivors left..." she thought to herself. She quickly checked wether all her things were properly strapped on to her. The back ramp dropped and Tabitha moved out with the rest of the squad. "Why aren't there more women with the longknives? Just one would be enough for me!" she thought as she walked after Alexious.

They entered the building and couldn't see a thing. She kept her shotgun ready at all times, while taking her floodlight out of her pocket.
While entering the room and covering each other Alexious was the first to speak up. "So Tabitha, how long have you been in the Guard?" he asked her. "Well, I joined the Longknives when I was only 16 years old. I'm 28 now, though I've spent quite some time to learn all the medical stuff. I think I've only seen about 8 or 9 years of battle, the rest is spent on training and studying to become what I am today." Tabitha answered Alexious and paused a few seconds. "What about you? And what's your reason for joining in?" she asked Alexious.

Then they got at a door. "Ok Tabitha, You kick the door down and I'll give you covering fire, ok." Alexious suggested. "Fine, on the count of 3... One... two... THREE!" Then she kicked the door open and aimed her shotgun on the opening. Ready to fire at anything that might come out or attack.

·
Registered
601 Posts
"Well, I've been in the Guard since I was 17, I got away as early as I could, my parents were limiting everything I did, I couldn't leave the house without getting clearance, so when they started to set up a recruitment drive I joined as early as I could," was Alexious' answer to her question. "Could have been my answer. But I got the feeling he's trying to hide the fact he's nervous. Probably his first real mission." she thought.

Tabitha kicked the door open and all she could see was pure darkness. She looked around, with her flood-light shining brightly through the darkness...

·
Registered
601 Posts
Tabitha checked the room. "All clea..." She paused a few seconds "Shit!" she screamed. "Guys, check this out." She said, while she looked at the wall covered in blood. "The former owner of this blood couldn't be alive anymore. But where is the body?" she thought.

The squad sweeped some more rooms and moved on to the next floor. There already were some squads sweeping the rooms, so she decided to provide them some extra cover. While providing cover Tabitha wanted to get to know Alexious a little better. "Where are you from? And what do you aspire to become before you die? Who knows, might give me some more motivation to patch you up properly!" She asked, the last line being sarcastic.

·
Registered
601 Posts
"Well, you could say we have some things in common!" Tabitha answered Alexious. "I lived on a farm with my parents. I always had to help with cleaning, cooking and those kinds of things. I hated it big time and wanted things to change. When I told my parents I got scolded and they said I'd have to look for the live I wanted elsewhere. I was still 16 back then, so I didn't really know what I did want. Then I met some guys who were just recruited by the Guard. I spoke to them and that's how I ended up in the guard." Tabitha paused a few seconds. "I think I already am what I wanted to be. If I save one live I indirectly save more of them. Say you were to die if you didn't get my help. I patch you up and you shoot just one heretic. That heretic can't kill anybody else, right? Meaning I've saved multiple lives; yours and the life he couldn't kill. Of course I'd love to get a higher rank or maybe educate new medics. That'd make my life a little more certain and less stressful. But I'm fine with what I am now."

·
Registered
601 Posts
Upon entering the room "Holy shit, more of this kind of mess." was all Tabitha could say. All the furniture had been smashed or ruined and Tabitha thanked the Emperor she hadn't lived here. "I wonder why only the rooms are smeared with blood and look ruined and why the hallways and stairs are practically clean." she mumbled, thinking out loud.

Suddenly Dean started yelling "Troopers moving on the third floor on the left side, don't go into the room. Stay in the corridor." Tabitha looked at him and then looked at the ceiling, to the place he was looking at as well. "You're sharp, I wouldn't have seen that." she said to him, while aiming her floodlight on the fake ceiling. "There's a possible trap in the floor, so stay out of the room!" she screamed as loud as she could, hoping the others would hear her. "Wait, who said they actually were guards? And not one or a few of the zombies?" Tabitha thought to herself.

EDIT:
OOC: I haven't read anything about blood/smashed up furniture in the halls or stairways, so I assumed those weren't there. If they were I'll edit my post a little.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts