Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Damn I hate chimeras, thought Tine, They are aways too crowded and noisy for my taste. When they arrived Sergeant Brast said they get to checkthe habs for survivors. Tine thought that was highly unlikely.

When the ramp lowered Tine was one of the first out and took up postion to breach and enter the first hab block Sgt. Brast had signalled to. Upon kicking open the double doors he brings his lasgun up to his shoulder and asdvances into the room covering every quarter and possiable enemy position that he could see. "Entry way clear," Tine calls out to his back-up, "Double door on the left open on the left stairs straight ahead," he finishes calmly.

Tine quickly moves up to the door and positions himself at the edge to try and peer in. Emperor damn it! I cant see anything in the room. thoiught Tine as he tried to scan the room without opening the door any farther. Tine then held his lasgun tight to his shulder and eased the door open with the muzzle of it. Tine finds himself in a large main room and scans it with his usaul calm. "Clear in the anteroom," Tine says to his squadmates.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
"Well nothing's moved except our shadows Jonas," Tine said in response "So I'm fairly confident its clear."

Tine still doesn't lower his lasgun from his shoulder and continues looking around for any hostile or survivor. Man this place is a dump! Tine thinks to himself, Whoever lived here would probably die from a heart attack at the sight of it now. Tine notices a closet at the esat side of the room. "Jonas, Serpio stack up at the closet," Tine motions while saying it, "I'll open it, then you two can clear it."

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Tine jerks back as Serpio shoots at something in the closet bringing his own lasgun up he swings around sees nothing but a toy. Damn! Thought it was a hostile. Tine says to himself after seeing Serpio shoot a toy. Tine then moved away to clear the rest of the room when Sergeant Brast came in and said something to Serpio about shooting a toy.

"Now stop draggin your asses and move on." Sergeant Brast calls to the three of us.

Tine walks carefully to where the shrine to the God-Emperor should be noticing the broken window on the way and His head on the bed.

"Hey Tine," Serpio said quietly, "ya think some of those damn cultists did this? Something bad that hates the Emporer did this. They cannot have gone far."

"Well if thats the case your shooting would have alerted them," Tine replies a little harshly, "You would not have lasted a week in my tribe in the south polar regoins being as skittish as that."

When Tine gets to the window he cautiuosly peers out it and sees the rest of the shrine.
Damn heretics! They will pay. Tine vows to himself. When he turns around he notices the half-eaten human body. Tine imediatly turns around and hunches over as his stomach heaves the small ration he had eaten on the way here up and splatters his combat boots. Wiping his mouth with the back of his left hand Tine stands back at full height.

"Found a body here," Tine reports shakily, "It's been half eaten though but doesn't look touched for a little bit though."

Finding nothing else of interest Tine heads back to the stairs and heads up to the second floor. Noticing that other squadmates have this floor covered Tine heads to the third floor.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
As Tine and his fellow squadies trudge up the stairs to get to the third floor the new Lieutenant grabbed Tabitha for something on the second floor. When they reached the third floor Tine saw Sergeant Brast and one other clearing the right side of the hab. Alexious walked over to the left side to a door that was still somewhat open. When Alexious went through first Tine was behind him eyes taking a long time to adjust to the near complete darkness of the room.

"Troopers moving on the third floor on the left side, don't go into the room. Stay in the corridor."

Tine hears this as he is about to follow Alexious in to the room. "Alexious stop moving now!" Tine snaps at him hoping to avoid the whatever scared the squadies on th seond floor.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
"Alexious, Serpio I think we should just walk back the way we came in and move on to the next door," Tine says calmly after his outburst to stop Alexious moving forward, "What were you and the girl talking about before anyway Alexious?"

Tine walks carefully backwards to the corridor and takes up a general defence stance lasgun up against his shoulder and pointed down the hallway. Greeeaaat traps set by someone unknown. Question is, was it set for us? or the zombies? Tine thinks to himself, I hope we don't see anymore surprises today, but thats unlikely though.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
When they had finished clearing the first hab Tine slung his lasgun on his shoulder for a second and grabbed his canteen to clear his mouth of any vomit that remained. After taking a sip he swished it around before spitting it out and ataking a long swallow of water. I hope theres no more traps or surprises left in the next couple of habs. Tine thinks to himself.

'Bloody big Habs aren't they,' Tine hears Alexious say.

"Exactly but then again so are the ones in the cities at home Alexious," Tine responds to his question as they make thier way to the next hab. When they get there Serpio trys to kick open the door and fails. Tine hears Alexious chuckle and joins him for a second.

“One of you,” he said,” set your Lasgun to low and lets cut our way through the door………………………….” says Serpio.

"Lets not do anything rash Serp, there might be a survivor behind there and even on low they could still be killed. Why don't we all just kick at the same time instead?" Tine says to everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts