Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
just another question, how much time will you wait between updates if no one posts? I mean if not everyone posted when will you post a new update.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Generally I give members five to seven days, after that I mention something to them (via PM) or will give a 'mini' update for everyone else depending on who has not posted.

Sometimes that changes, like recently when things have resulted in emporershand not being around for a bit. (Might take me an extra day before I will update for everyone or PM people.)

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Lost a few people in these last couple of days, Nick is not going to be around for some time so Eli is becoming an NPC. In other words he'll fade into the background and the rest of us will pretend he no longer exists, until Nick returns of course (assuming he would still like to play as Eli.)

High-Seraph has had to pull out well, meaning that with the additional loss of emporershand for the next few weeks we are down to six players, of which only five have posted.

The only person not to have posted is Felix, played by Nightlord92, to whom I must apologize seeing as my update is speaking to a Delix and you are most assuredly Felix.

An update for this will be up tomorrow; though for anyone else this RP is still very much open to new players. The weapon options are full, but I have no problem with other people wishing to join up. (Actually it would make me rather happy, the more the merrier.)

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Darkreever you mind if I make the stab really really bad, I mean losing lots of blood, confusion...

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Yeah go for it, I just said Melak got stabbed and the woman willingly took the blade to the throat. If I don't tell you how bad the damage done to you is, then I am giving you some liberty to decide it yourself. (It also means I forgot to do that, so all the better for you.)

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Just as a note komanko, you did nothing wrong just wanted to say this, been stabbed twice in my life (though no body stab thankfully) and it does hurt to all hell; but external bleeding isn't so bad until after you remove the blade, or whatever stabbed you.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
ye I thought about that, and relized it while writing but I didnt want bother changing it but if needed ill alter the post :p

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
sorry for double post but WHERE THE FUCK are all the other players who were supposed to post...

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Sorry about the lateness of the post, it was meant to be up yesterday but for some reason never did go up.

As always, for anyone interested this RP is still open for new players; though again for those playing remember that all of your posts are to be a minimum of five sentences. I don't want to see you write something good or half decent and then post again and its a single line or two. Thats a recipe for bad things happening to your characters or the group as a whole.

Otherwise loving the way things are going, lets keep it up; though for some of you maybe when I say there are x number of people/enemies/creatures/objects you should stick with that. Usually I'll tell you if there are more, or its for me to decide, or you can always PM me with questions regarding stuff. Hey you never know, maybe I'll give you information or the green light on something you'd otherwise get some shit for for not asking and just doing.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 · (Edited)
To answer your question Komanko, in this RP I require a minimum of five decent length sentences per action thread post. It brings me no end of joy to see people posting more than the bare minimum in character. Sometimes, though, all people are able to do is put out that little bit (I'm referring to the minimum) at the time and thats alright. In the end this is a story, you want a body and some substance to your story or else you've wasted your time and possibly your money.

Now that bit at the top of the post, thats four sentences more or less of what I'm looking for. (They might be a bit on the longer side but you get the idea.) With the Arajo RP, I want to push beyond the absolute minimum, the bottom line we have set for all RP's. I want to do this because I know that people who are truly dedicated are capable of it, and those who just want to show off how awesome or badass they can be will find themselves struggling. More often than not, those same people will not seek out help, and continue to struggle or even get in trouble, eventually lose interest, and leave; its sad but happens. Some of you PM me after pretty much every update to spin idea's my way, get some more information, or maybe a bit of clarity; those are the people who tend to go the farthest, will last the longest, can have the most fun, and get away with the most. (Not playing favorites or anything, but if you go wading into a horde of thirty zombies with a shotgun in each hand and expect to best them single-handedly without saying anything to me, I'm less inclined to go with that rather than had you spun the idea to me via PM first and maybe gotten some input.)

See that one? Thats definitely more than five; as for your post, yeah definitely good.

By the way, I encourage people to speak and work with each other for their posts. For those of you pinned down behind the hauler, maybe two or all three of you can come up with something together and implement it?

Not saying you have to, but it can often look cooler than every man for himself unless otherwise prompted by the GM. Plus, you already know that some things lead to bad reactions, well others like that can lead to good one's. Who knows, maybe three players collaborating to make a 3-6 part post (1-2 from each person) thats essentially a suicide run ends up with them coming out on top whereas if they did it alone that'd be the end of them? No promises that it gets to happen all the time, but there are punishments for certain things, I see no reason for there not to be rewards for others.

Now personally, when looking over this post, the large paragraph draws my attention much better than the smaller ones. That is generally the reason behind the post minimums. I'm willing to bet when others look at this post, that big paragraph and the single line following it are the ones that draw the most attention. Now between the two the small one is a single line, its uninteresting and there is very little 'meat on the bone.'

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
ok, good :)

Thanks for the clarification and info, by the way I would have PMed you but i just dont wannt bother you :p

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Bother me? Please thats not gonna happen. If I get a PM and can't be bothered to read it at that moment I'll come back to it later; theres never a bad time and its never a bother.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Since Emporershand is back, probably be nice for you to have something to do in the update wouldn't it.

Will have something edited in for you by tonight, possibly late tonight; but you will most definitely have something to work with by tomorrow.

As I said before Emporershand, edited Serpio into the most recent update.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Just asking, is this RP dead :p Because no one posts here except me, you( Arkreever) and 3 more people.

P.S asking because i see how fast your other RP goes on.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Yeah looks like we lost a fair number of people at this time. I am in the process of PMing the remaining players who have yet to post to see whats up with them. For the most part, expect an update from before Sunday is out.

Otherwise, as some GM's have opted to do, this RP is still open to players for people interested.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sorry guys I've been royally fucked these past few days with work and all. Expect an Update from me very soon.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Right, so this would be an interest check for those of you who are still in, and have not silently buggered off or run into some sort of trouble.

Otherwise, expect an update in the next day or so.

And for those interested, well this RP is most certainly not closed; so if you wanna join then either toss me a PM or throw a character sheet up.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Im here as always, not leaving a job undone. :D

Edit: Dont get me wrong, I dont treat this RP as a job... I do have fun ^^

61 - 80 of 89 Posts