Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Name: Dean Colt

Appearance: Dean stands at around 6 feet tall, with short dark hair. He is devoid of facial hair, opting to shave and ensure that his figure is kept neat and tidy at all times. He has dark brown eyes. Only thing to note is a scar that leaps up his right arm, from his wrist to his elbow.

Personality: Dean is a confident young man. He takes pride in his families background in the Planetary Defence Force. He is arrogant and generally friendly to most people. Unlike others in the 17Th Longknives he cares not whether there are men or women in his squad.

Background: Dean family history is shrouded in death. His mother died in childbirth with Dean, leaving his father and elder brother to look after Dean as he grew. He learnt like a majority of Brontian how to farm at a young age. Dean enjoyed his life for a time, he was fairly smart and a hardworker. However death still followed Dean, with his brother dying in a hunting accident. Dean was devastated by this loss, and so was his father. His father started to drink, and became violent. Dean learnt to tolerate his fathers worsening attitude, and for a year took responsibility on the farm. Yet after another night of drinking his father fell asleep, and set the house on fire. Dean managed to escape the flames, cutting his arm on a piece of glass as he dived to safety, his father already dead.
Dean had nowhere else to go so joined the Imperial Guard, specifically the 17th Brontian Longknives.

Equipment: Infantry uplifting primer and rations, Las cells and flak armour.

Weapons: Lasgun, Combat knife

Hope that this is ok darkreever.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Looking good to me Ramo, if you see this and have time before Flerden posts the feel free to jump in (pretend the bit for Tabitha and Alexious has your characters name in there as well.) If Flerden posts before you do, then hold off until my update to which your character will be brought in by me.

When you do post, just act as if he has always been there, because in truth he has. The players are not the only members of the squad, generally they are just the only ones you pay attention to because they are not un-named, no face NPC's used as filler for other people at some point.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So no-one decided to take special weapons (flamer or G.L), or heavy weapons? (M.L, Heavy Stubber/Bolter)? Most of those would be impractical for clearing habs, except I'd imagine one (at least an NPC) would have a flamer perhaps.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
After having a look at this round of action thread posts, I feel that a word should be said as a reminder to post length. Roleplay threads has a standard of four sentences, but this RP has a minimum of five that I hope and expect all members playing a character to maintain. Five is, of course, the absolute minimum and by no means what I hope to see every time. For some this is no problem, you've shown that your more than capable of meeting that minimum and going beyond it. Now it can be for a variety of reasons, but from the looks of things four or five decent sentences do appear to be a challenge that they should not be.

The above, thats five decent length sentences; not a single one was hard to come up with and none of them took me more than a minute to think about and type. When I post this, those five sentences are going to come up as three lines of text, four if I'm lucky. However appearance is but one part of the minimum, another is so that you, the player, have a decent jumping off point for your character.

Remember, theres nothing wrong with seeking out help or idea's, even if its for how to make your post a bit longer or something.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Hey Darkreever,

This saturday I'm going on holidays, until august 15th (if everything goes right), so I won't be posting until then. Hope you can keep my character alive until then! :wink:

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
I didnt see if the recruitment was closed or not so I wanted to ask if I can join?

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
At this time recruitment is not closed, so by all means feel free to join up.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
When submitting a character please go by the following:

Name: Melak Xerdo

Appearence: Melak stands at about 5.9 ft tall, when he was younger he had long black hair but after joining the millitary he shortened so it wont interfere with his line of sight and so he wont be able to burn it. He got a burn mark on his arm for misusing a flamer but it doesnt effect his preformence because its pretty old. Melak is well built and have green eyes. He has a pair of anti heat glasses (like this[http://media.gamespy.com/columns/image/warhammer_grudge_10012004_1096666436.jpg]) which are painted in black, most of the time after action he is covered with ashes which give his skin a dark color.

Personality: Melak is pretty friendly and is not offended easily, when in a battle he is very serious but yet sees the enemies as equals. Although using a flamer he preffers subtle action and ambushes that will give him the edge in the fight. Melak is a "dirty player" and will use anything to gain the upper hand in a battle Also he likes explosives very much and if given he knows how to operate most of them.

Background: Melak was born on Bront, his father and mother like most of the citizens were farmers. Since he remembers himself he was helping his family with thier work, but when reaching the proper age he joined the millitry, he thougth that if he joined the millitry he will get more action in his life and as he predict he got action but more action then he asked for. After his first battle when he almost got killed he swore that he wont die in service and that he will come back to his family, settele down, find a wife, and start farming like all the rest of the people on Bront.

Equipment: flak armour, rations, infantryman’s uplifting primer

Weapons: combat knife, frag grenades, heavy flamer.

(hope its fine, didnt have a better idea, if more is needed just tell me where and ill add)
[I have no experience in playing as a guard so didnt know what to write :p]

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
Looks good to me, and with that the weapon option slots are now closed.

Feel free to post with the others, just all of you keep in mind that while you can go ahead and post before Nick does, Eli gets ultimate say in regards to who is working with who in checking rooms for survivors in this hab.

Also for everybody, remember the five sentence minimum; thats minimum not maximum. I would love nothing more than to see more than five decent length sentences from all of you, having to go through pages of large posts makes me a very happy person. Shows me and anyone else reading that your really trying and adding to the story. (Personally, copy and pasting part of a post by another member really doesn't count towards your own minimum. So writing eight sentences and pasting two statements from another poster is still just eight since you only wrote eight of the ten sentences.)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Name: Felix Lanz

Appearance: Felix stands at 6ft. with short cropped hair. Hailing from the polar region of Brontian, Felix's skin is darker than those of his fellow brontians. His arms are scarred and tattooed with his clan's design on them. His eyes are a deep green, like the swamp where he grew up in. A horseshoe scar hooks around his right cheek from an encounter with one of the dangerous creatures of the planet.

Personality: Felix is young, impressionable, slightly naive but loyal and faithful soldier. He knows he must obey his orders like they were given from his clan leader.

Equipment: Las cells, rations, infrantyman's uplifting primer, Flak Armor

Weapons: Lasgun and combat knife

Background: Felix Lanz was born of the Lanz clan of Brontia. Living deep within the swamps, Felix and his clan ekked out a living from the creatures of the swamp: hunting them, killing them, and selling goods they made out of them in the city. His father raised him as a hunter, taking him on many of the hunts for dangerous beasts that dwelled in the swamp. Once a year, a group of hunters from their clan would make the journey to the closest city, bearing all the goods they wished to trade with the "civilised" city dwellers. This just so happened to coinside with Felix's 16th birthday. Feeling him ready, Felix's father decided that he could join the caravan going towards the city. The way through the swamp was an extremely dangerous one, and were it not for the guide markers Felix's forebearers had put up, he knew they too would be lost and soon hunted by the very creatures they were about to sell. As they made their way through the partially overgrown paths, a sense of foreboding creapt up Felix's spine. Seeing the other hunters tense up and form around one another in a defensive circle, Felix joined next to his father as he took out an object from his sack and handed it to him. It was a lasgun, albiet a worn and old lasgun. Just as his father finished giving him a quick explanation of how to shoot and reload it, Felix heard a rustling in a bush and turned in time to see 5 of the feral beasts of the swamp come storming at him. Hefting the lasgun to his chin, Felix squeezed the trigger, knocking up the dirt next to one the monsters. Muttering a prayer to the Emperor, Felix aimed down the sights and fired off another blast that took the beast in its right eye. Too close now to shoot anymore, Felix dropped the lasgun and pulled out his longknife and disembowled another of the animals that thought to make a meal out of him. Turning to see how the other hunters faired, Felix was happy to see they had already dealt with their foes and were already ready for another attack. Fortunetly, the attack seemed to have convinced the beasts they were not easy enough prey and let them be. It took 3 more days for them to reach the edge of the nearest Imperial city, and the sight of it took Felix's breath away. Never before had he seen so many humans together. Staying with his father, Felix and the group entered the city proper. Sights and sounds Felix had never heard before assailed him and he wondered through the city as his father and the others went to trade with a merchant. As Felix made his way through the city, he came upon a recruiter who asked him to join with the reinforcements heading to replenish the 17th Longknives. A world Felix thought impossible to reach now called to him. Felix made his way back to his father and discussed it with him. Telling him he was finally a man and could do what he wished, Felix's father gave him his blessing and a final farewell. Felix quickly went back to the recruiter and his new life in the Guard

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
All of it looks good, just in the background have him join the guard at sixteen rather than eighteen. Seeing as he would still have to go through training and then transit to the Arajo system, neither of which are instantaneous (and training would start on the planet itself.)

That aside, feel free to post in the action thread.

Whats the count at now, eight or nine characters?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Whats the count at now, eight or nine characters?
10, I believe.

emporershand89 - Serpio Savales
bloodthrister - Tabitha Sendo
High_Seraph - Tine Cas
dr_nick22 - Eli Quint
Flerden - Jonas Tolner
Snowy - Alexious Fortis
darkblade - Cid Arcanius
Lord Ramo- Dean Colt
komanko - Melak Xerdo
Nightlord92 - Felix Lanz

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also sorry guys, I'll post soon, it's just a bit of planning to do and I haven't had the time to sit down and think/write it out yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I apologise for my taking so long to update - we're currently in the process of moving house, so I've been very busy, and will have limited access to the internet. I'll do my utmost to post within a day or two, but hopefully you understand the difficulty of the situation :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I hope you have room for one more...

Name: Solamon Glymyr

Appearence: Solamon is a lithe and serpentine individual standing at six feet tall, slight in build yet what mass he does have is corded with tight disciplined muscle. His facial features are patrician, giving credit to the noble geno for which he was born. Solamons eyes are like rich gold, unsettling to look at for too long by his squadmates. His normally raven black hair is shorn to the scalp, kept this way ever since enlisting in the seventeenth Brontian Longknives regiment. While not on the battlefield he keeps his dress and kit meticulously clean, believing a clean appearance and uniform is a credit to the Emperor and Regiment. On the battlefeild however her turns into a wild serpent, wide eyed and silent as he picks his way through his enemies. He has taken to clipping a black cloth with his families serpentine crest embroidered in a dull golden threading onto his left shoulder flak plate. While only having been in battle once he has already taken a few trophies from the fallen, little trinkets of gold that he had recasted into likeness of the emperor which he wears around his neck.

Personality: Solamon is an aristocrat soldier, born into an influential and well respected Brontian trading family. The Glymyr family taking the name of an albino serpent that was legendary among Brontian myth for its ability to kill even the most hardy creatures with one fell drop of its venom. The Glymyrs children indeed derived from the evil serpent of myth, deceit and fratricide were common occurrence amongst the brothers of Solamons family. Being the youngest kept him out from under the gaze of his greedy older siblings. He had always felt disconnected to his family, the trade did not interest him. Instead he filled his days imagining what it would be like to stand amongst the legends depicted in the posters of the commons quarter or the picts showing imperial troops in glorious victories. He became hungry to be exactly like the men in the poster, sparkling examples of the Imperium of Mans military might. Solamon is a likable fellow amongst the 17th Brontian Longknives, always looking out for the younger squad members and quick with a witty word or quote from the Imperial Infantrymans Primer when someone says or does something in error. Officers and higher ups tend to take a liking to the young mans martial bearing, taking pride in his service to the emperor and imperium. He follows the letter of imperial decorum to the T, always willing and able to do anything needed to achieve victory.

Background: Solamon was born into the relative life of a noble Brontian, well as noble as one of an agri worlds top trading clans can have. Life was still hard even for those with the means for a better life. Brontia was a harsh planet. Yet Solamon was always found running off on huntring trips and outings with his father until he was sixteen. Then his father was murdered by poison via his oldest brother Nestor. With Nestor now controlling the families direction Solamon knew that Nestor was going to try and have him poisoned or assassinated out of sheer paranoia. The night immediately following his fathers funeral pyre Solamon slipped out and made his way to the first Imperial Guard Outpost and enlisted. He was placed in the 17th Brontian Longknives, soon after that indoctrination and training began. Many months had passed and the raw recruits soon turned into Imperial Guardsmen. Solamon quickly distinguished himself as a reliable marksman with his lasgun and a deadly opponent in close combat with the Glymyr families blade. Solamon even saw his first bit of fighting as reinforcements against a rebellious gathering of militia from the furthest of backwater communities. Killing six of the rebels himself during an ambush that soon turned into brutal melee combat. The events of the Thirteenth Black Crusade added fuel to the martial fire inside of Solamon. Once the orders for the 17th Brontian Longknives were to take back the Agripnaa sector from the most hated enemies of the imperium was met with much zeal from Solamon. The chance to really prove himself in combat was amiss and he was going to attain glory through the victory and the death of his foes or die trying.

Equipment:

Las-cells - Standard Capacity Las-Rifle cells.

Flak Armor - Has multiple layers of different ablative and impact absorbent materials designed primarily to deflect or absorb the majority of the force from a shot or blow.

Rations - Standard Brontian Military foodstuffs.

The Imperial Infantryman's Uplifting Primer - A small book supplied to an Imperial Guardsman on commencement of service. Each Guardsman is required to have it on or close to his person at all times; not being able to produce it on the demand of a senior officer is a disciplinary offence.

Weapons:

Lasgun - M35 M-Galaxy standard configuration Lasgun, matte black finish with combat blade lug and standard iron sights.

Combat Knife - A long blade with a lower serrated edge, custom to the Glymyr family. Inscribed along the blade is Solamons Family motto "Kill as the Glymyr of legend. Cold. Fast. Hard." on the pommel is a small inscription of his families crest.

Frag Grenades - Four standard imperial fragmentation grenades.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
you should first hope that the game will start rolling again :p

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 · (Edited)
Well I've been waiting on Nick, and anyone else who has yet to post (I believe there are one or two others who have not), before putting up an update. However its been a while and not entirely fair to the rest of you to be kept waiting this long. (As all this can serve to do is take away from interest.)

Expect an update up sometime tomorrow.

Psyker, overall I like it with the exception of him being able to put off veteran members of the regiment. This is some green as grass newbie after all, and they are veterans who have seen gods know what and how many horrors. Also, every twelve inches is a foot, so five foot twelve inches..is six feet. Gotta say though, I like the Glymyr stuff a lot; very interesting to see. Your free to post with the rest or wait for the next update, up to you.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yeah I feel like an idiot with the five foot twelve inches thing. I've been suffering from insomnia these past few months and sometimes my brain does not function right.

Otherwise its been edited. The family crest cloth is allowed as an otherwise superfluous peice of his uniform?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Really sorry guys, we've just moved house so i havent had the net since Friday night, and probably won't til the end of this week (I'm on a computer in a library atm.) Please go ahead and Darkreever can NPC Eli for a bit until I get back.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts