Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 392 Posts

·
Spanner in the works...
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well whaddya know, it's this old thing again. That's right, I refuse to let it die! Anyhow, this time around we're going to fit in with the moment on 3 levels: The Heresy Heresy. Essentially, it's a scenario where you must fight in the greatest conflict in 40K history, only this time it's the Heresy-Online version.

You will each create your 'in-game' character from a template not dissimilar to the Ultimate Unit Gamer one found a few games back. He/She/It will feature in every round of this game (whether you like it or not), and represents you and your decisions in the field.

You may pick any faction from the 40K universe (excluding homebrews/fanfics), and including Imperial Armour - though not Apocalypse units. Yes, this does include the new Horus Heresy legions. However, once picked this faction may be the only one you use for the entire campaign. Note you will be forced to pick units from all main FOC slots, including Infantry and Vehicles, and you will be facing each other as well as waves depending on each round.

The Game will be fought as a campaign in a near identical way to the greatest battles of the Horus Heresy, except they'll have a unique Heresy Heresy twist. There will be six stages, each with its own unique scenario and effect on the outcome of the Heresy Heresy, culminating in a final showdown.

I will explain the general rules once I have collected sufficient interest, and will subsequently post the requirements and rules for the first round. Fall in Heretics! Your destiny awaits....

- Iron Angel
- Maidel
- SGMAlice
- Magpie_Oz
- scscofield
- Dicrel Seijin
- Cattlebruiser
- Jace of Ultramar
- Grokfog
- Dragblud da Scrunka
- returnoftheclown
- MidnightSun
- infernalcaretaker
- jondoe297
- lokis222
- jesse
- xabre
- High_Seraph
- Dawnstar
- yoyoyo12365
- Biellan
- Akatsuki13
- Boc
- <Filler>

·
Spanner in the works...
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But of course. I know some of the views that are held on Spehs muhreens - plus this is the Heresy Heresy, not the Horus Heresy. It would be no fun without you "special" xenos players. :p

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I'm game. I'll go with the 30k space wolf legion.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Yep, I'll have another crack too I reckon. I can take post heresy stuff tho' right ?

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
*Returns to thread after reading a couple dozen pages from the previous Ultimate Unit threads.*

I'm game. Either Orks or Salamanders, but most likely Orks.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm game

·
Spanner in the works...
5,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep, I'll have another crack too I reckon. I can take post heresy stuff tho' right ?
Indeed you can.

So we pick a character to be and an army/faction?
Yep. This character will be made from a template I'll post when I start taking entries for Round 1. So it doesn't matter what faction you are, you'll all have a similar representative character.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'll give it a try if you'll have me?

1 - 20 of 392 Posts