Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooooooo.....

I come asking advice, my dear, dear scarily good modeller/painter types!
Over the weekend, I finally plucked up the courage to take my FW Hierophant out of its box and start drilling all the holes I need for brass wire pinning and the like (I've had it for almost a year now!)
Taking a look at it, aside from the obvious "Holy crap, this is big!" the thougth occurs that its going to need a base, since the legs basically end in spikes that are never, ever going to take its weight. Thus, a scenic-type base is needed.

Now, I've never done anything this big, so I'm at somewhat of a loss as to how to proceed - I've worked out I'll probably need MDF for the base, but am not sure how to go about modelling the terrain on the base - a hill and the like, since in order to add strength to the model, I'll probably have to drive the tips of the spike/feet into the ground (which will also be a nice way to represent its weight in the 40k scale too!)
So, ny advice from anyone whose done this sort of thing before?
Any and all advice will be appreciated!

P.S. Its my 31st birthday on the 27th, and one of the things I'm getting is a digital camera, so sometime after that I'll probably start a project log on the bigass titan that this is! :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Actually if you pin him right his legs will support him. Though it doesn't look it I've seen it done. I've even seen people make it so his legs articular and move to be posed when/how ever they like. But others like yourself have done a base, but not to have they're feet anchored, just to help support the body. So they made a larger then average MC base with a pile of rocks or ruined tank of some sort with a Wire jutting up into the belly of the bug. But they still set the legs out wide to show how incredibly large this bug really is and how much space he takes up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts