Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
I've just recently decided to get back into 40k and i going for a chaos army but i would like some help with painting. I was going to go for a 'purge' army scheme but i can figure out what paints to buy. currently I've only got a squad of cultists, which is where I'm having the problems figuring out what paints to buy, but having a list of paints for the marines would be useful as well.

For the cultists i was thinking about a mixture of leathery browns, dark greens and blacks (only for the clothing) and the standard black/grey dry brushed weapons but, as i said, i wouldn't know where to start with buying the right paints. i would like to go for a nice quality paint job, so this would include shading, washes that sort of thing.

Anyway, if you could help me out that would be great.
Thank you and ALL GLORY TO THE LEGIONS OF CHAOS!!!!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Not sure what a "purge" paint scheme is. As for the brand of paints to get, it's all down to tastes and color availability. Personally, I have a massive mixture of GW, model air, reaper, and any kind that has the color that I wanted. I use them all and even use them with each other. Like I said, it's all in personal tastes.

·
Registered
409 Posts
For basic colours you are looking at greens, browns, beiges and any other drab shades. To represent pestilence, plague, disease etc you could use contrasting yellows, greens and pink.

I don't use GW paints so I wouldn't be able to recommend any specific paints but for anything Nurgle based the above should be a good starting palette.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts