Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Parasite of Mortrex...while reading through the new Tyranid Codex i read about this little beauty...and was inspired!...after alittle research and a couple of "borrowed" ideas, i think im at a pretty sweet start...

-Tyranid Warrior body with the lower half reversed
-Forge World Tyranid Warrior Wings will adorn the beast as soon as they get here
-the head is moved forward for that "reaching" bite look
-added two extra armor plates (chest/back)
-chaos spawn "limbs" give it a real "insectoid" look i like
-Ripper tail for fun...the art in the book shows a stinger and on other versions of this creation i have seen incorporated a stinger as well, but i thought it would be more fun to play on the "Ripper" power of the Parasite (will green-stuff the tail for a more smooth transition)
-will create a flying base

...while (currently) not an Army of mine the Tyranids are fun to build...lots of options and room for ceativity for this ever evolving race of lifeforms!

ideas or comments welcome!

·
Registered
458 Posts
That will look insane once you get wings on it. Post pics when its finished, im looking forward to seeing it

·
Registered
583 Posts
< rant >

lol thats taking a symbiote ripper to a different level :D i really dig the look of the model though! and the warrior wings do look amazing but it almost feels as if they might look a tad small for such an impressive model... i mean they might look perfect for the model but as i recall, they looked small even on a normal warrior...

how ever, criticizem aside, when those wings get in, i'd blue tac 'em to get a feel for it to see if it looks good... maybe post a few pictures on here for the drooling nid guys and then paint up that bad boy!

< /rant >< + rep > :p

Edit: i dont know the new rules for nids but it almost feels like that should get a custom implant head tongue in the true Alien style... you do that and i may have to rep you for a week for making me giggle like a school girl

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Sweet. Nice model. Particularly like the use of the spawn limbs and the ripper tail.Reppage

1 - 6 of 6 Posts