Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got 10 grey knights a bc stern and 5 karskins sent off for painting by a person which i shall not name but i regret it.
It's been 2-4 months, now and he's off on a camping trip now! I would of rather had painted them down in the club on friday. Then pay 42 quid for them taking 2-4 months i could have two chimeras here right now or a lr!
I'm not really angry just a bit regretting he's been really good at it and has painted my st's already i know it takes time but again i would of rather painted it myself for more enjoyment.

So what should i do? PART FROM WAITING THANK YOU

I'm happy to say keep the karskins you've painted em and ask for a small refund and the unpainted models back but i dont know

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm dont want to be to rude to him he does have my models and he lives in the u.s

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is the email i sent to him.

I'm sad to say that i need my models back urgently,

because i know you have done you're best, and i love you're work but i decided that 3 months is to long to be without my models and would really like them back as soon as you see this. (i know you have still got work to be done)

But i really do think that 3 months is a long time so i asked around heresy, some said this was along time and i should ask for a refund but i'm not that sort of person so ill leave it to you of what you do I would like my models back though.

Regards Daniel

P.S sorry about this.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
First off, I'd have said NEVER send your models to a different country to get painted. Theres way too many con artists out there who say they'll do it, then steal peoples models.

Secondly, I'd have asked for a time scale, or some sort of guarentee they'd be done by a certain time. Again for the above reason, and also because it would avoid the situation your in of not knowing when they heck they'd be done and back to you.

Thirdly... I would ask for a refund and your models back. Plus, depending on how you found him, report him to the authorities concerned... IE E-bay, Gaming Club, web forum or where ever, so that he can't do the same to other people and leave them in the lurch.

Unless you know the person in real life, and how to get ahold of them and where they live etc... I'd suggest to everyone to never give your models to someone else to paint.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Be more aggressive. Demand your models back AND your money too. And take a good look at what GrizBe wrote he's absolutely right. I hope I'm wrong, and that everything works fine for you, but I reckon you have been "punk'd".

·
Registered
267 Posts
Nothing much to add here. Who knows what is happening to your models. Next time I would keep in contact with the person painting your models and ask for regular progress reports with pictures

I hope you get your models back, hopefully the guy you gave them too isn't a con. Good luck :good:

Skar

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
You've got the guy's address right? Well see if you can find some gaming clubs around there, that might know him (if he's a good painter chances are he'll be known), and get them to shame him into either fufilling his contract, or giving you back the models with a full refund.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Looking at his blog and his website... it seems strange that he claims to have been painting since 2006, yet pretty much the only models on it, or mentioned on his blog, are the ones you've sent him... and his blog and youtube account have only existed for a few months too and have little activity and no followers....

Its not looking good sorry.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well he's painted my karskins

he's saying there beens lots of broke stuff and stuff that has to be replaced

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Yeah... he's bulling you. Since they're metal minis you sent him, hardly anything would have broke in transport...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Mate that sucks, hard. What makes things worse is he isnt good enough to charge money for his services, and if youd have ask around you local games club, youd have got them done cheaper, or if it's owt like the one i got to, for free.

I really hope you get some kind of result, thats a lot of cash down the tube otherwise.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts