Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I saw some one else already started this recently bit I've had a Necron codex working around in my head, so I'll not let them stop me. I figure it might be neat to compare and contrast. I'm listing new costs as an addition to one's in codex, so you'll need to know the original costs to figure out the new costs. If enough people complain I can remove the added costs and put in the new costs.

Gauss: Works same as before, roll of 6 always wounds and causes glancing hit to vehicles. Now roll of 6 also makes attack AP 1.

HQ:
No changes. Definitely keep the Nightbringer, one of the reasons to play Necrons is to field him, he looks so awesome on the battlefield.

Troops:
Necron Warriors: same as before, except new Gauss rule applies and they are now 2 points more. I figure this evens out the new Gauss rule, look at it this way a 10 man squad will probably get 6-7 hits at anything over 12", on average one of those will be a 6 when rolling to wound. So for 20 points the squad is basically getting a plasma gun.

Elites:
Immortals: same as before, except new Gauss rule and 4 points more to counter the new rule.

Pariahs: same as before, except new Gauss rule and 5+ invulnerable save, add 9 points to cost.

Flayed Ones: same as before and Rending and WS 5, add 6 more points to cost. I figured he deserves a WS 5 because he' only has claws you think he'd be great with them. The rending special rule is to give him a chance against heavy infantry. With 6 additional points he's more costly than Chaos Berzerkers, one of the most effective HtH units, yet still not as deadly so I don't think he's to powerful.

Fast Attack:
Destroyers: same as before, except new Gauss rule add 6 points to cost.

Scarabs: no changes.

Wraiths: same as before, except WS 5, and Rending special rule. A new rule would be that the Wraith gets WBB as if he had his own personal Resurrection Orb that applies only to him. So even if he's alone or wounded by a power weapon or suffered instant death he still get's WBB. Add 14 points to his cost.

Heavy Support:
Heavy Destroyer: same as before get's new Gauss rule but he doesn't really need it so no additional cost.

Tomb Spyder: no changes

Monolith: add 10 points to offset the changes to Gauss Flux Arc, everything else same.

I didn't want to change the Necon's to much, just tweak them so they are more challenging to play and fight. I think the additional point costs offset the new abilities and I hope people will agree that they are still balanced.

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
You didnt really DO anything, but at least you admitted it. If you want to put a crap effort into doing it, I would think somone could manage better than giving a USR to the whole army. BTW, said USR is a little OTT on EVERY gun in the entire army. I think its to much on warriors alone.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Gauss: Works same as before, roll of 6 always wounds and causes glancing hit to vehicles. Now roll of 6 also makes attack AP 1.
I like what you did here, makes it so that you can wreck a vehicle, instead of blow it up. I also like how the 6 now applies to regular models too, I've never had a problem wounding something because of it's toughness being too high, because I've never seen anything with it's toughness too high.

HQ:
No changes. Definitely keep the Nightbringer, one of the reasons to play Necrons is to field him, he looks so awesome on the battlefield.

Troops:
Necron Warriors: same as before, except new Gauss rule applies and they are now 2 points more. I figure this evens out the new Gauss rule, look at it this way a 10 man squad will probably get 6-7 hits at anything over 12", on average one of those will be a 6 when rolling to wound. So for 20 points the squad is basically getting a plasma gun.
I disagree with the need for a point change, I think it's fine the way it is, since it's closer to what they were in previous editions.

Elites:
Immortals: same as before, except new Gauss rule and 4 points more to counter the new rule.
I again disagree with the point change

Pariahs: same as before, except new Gauss rule and 5+ invulnerable save, add 9 points to cost.
disagree with the point change, but I like the invulnerable, That's motivation enough for me to want to field them now.

Flayed Ones: same as before and Rending and WS 5, add 6 more points to cost. I figured he deserves a WS 5 because he' only has claws you think he'd be great with them. The rending special rule is to give him a chance against heavy infantry. With 6 additional points he's more costly than Chaos Berzerkers, one of the most effective HtH units, yet still not as deadly so I don't think he's to powerful.
I would think simply making them S 5 would be enough, Rending seems to be like they would use it more against vehicles, and flayed ones are meant more for infantry assaults.

Fast Attack:
Destroyers: same as before, except new Gauss rule add 6 points to cost.
Disagree with point change

Scarabs: no changes.

Wraiths: same as before, except WS 5, and Rending special rule. A new rule would be that the Wraith gets WBB as if he had his own personal Resurrection Orb that applies only to him. So even if he's alone or wounded by a power weapon or suffered instant death he still get's WBB. Add 14 points to his cost.
I again disagree with the Rending rule, but the rez orb is an awesome idea that makes sense since they're shifting in and out of existence. I would only add 4 points though, they already cost quite a bit for what they do.

Heavy Support:
Heavy Destroyer: same as before get's new Gauss rule but he doesn't really need it so no additional cost.

Tomb Spyder: no changes

Monolith: add 10 points to offset the changes to Gauss Flux Arc, everything else same.
disagree with the point change

I didn't want to change the Necon's to much, just tweak them so they are more challenging to play and fight. I think the additional point costs offset the new abilities and I hope people will agree that they are still balanced.
Gauss change is a nifty idea that I think rebalances the Gauss rule, but I don't think the point increases are necessary, and the rending seems redundant on the CC models.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts