·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Cus They iz too Killy?!

I have no idea, you should be running around if you're under 14 anyway.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^What? I'm sorry, but I don't fully understand what you mean:scare:

But I'm not under 14 exactly...:eek:k:

·
Registered
120 Posts
No it's due to all the spikey bitz/gubbinz on them it's GW just covering their arses in case (generic named "little johnny")hurts himself whilst trying to assemble the mini

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
its all down to the poxy EU and there rules and regs, theres a thread over on daka about it, seeing as the kans where pulled from the shelves for a couple of weeks to be re-boxed to complie with the EU regs
"No it's due to all the spikey bitz/gubbinz on them it's GW just covering their arses in case (generic named "little johnny")hurts himself whilst trying to assemble the mini"
is basicly it

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uh-huh............... So... why are Dark Eldar alright then? Hell, even the Trygon Prime?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Moving around my CSM in bigger handfuls is like having an acupuncture session specificly for my palms.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
its all down to the poxy EU and there rules and regs,
Try the shiney new law suit culture, wouldn't you do everything you could not to get sued?

But those Kans are 14A... must be harsher language involved in their assembly.
Sigged FTW

Seriously though, if a kid is dumb enough to eat a fecking killa kan they deserve a fuckin Darwin Award.

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
It is a little stupid, I knew a 15 year old who put his hand on the wrong place on the board when I was playing with my Dark Eldar needless to say he ended up with bleeding fingers and my warriors stayed in tact!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
DE are nasty, but I'd put Grey Knight halberds ahead of them. They're durable, upright, and surprisingly pointy in most cases. I've actually had stitches for GK-inflicted palm wounds.

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
To be honest I dont blame GW for covering there asses, its ridiculous however some stories that i've heard about frivolous law suits that mean no food or drink in store

A woman had coffee spilled on her and is suing GW for that and thus i cant eat or drink in any store in the UK anymore

So im guessing the reason for this sudden warning is

A kid cut himself on a GW model and they are being sued hence the sudden warnings on boxes

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
this is good right...i mean 'not suitable for children under 14', means no greedy 12 year olds :grin:, to bad it'll ruin GW sales now :p

·
Registered
120 Posts
IMHO I tihnk that to day's society is PC gone mad and added to that I'm going to sue you if my son/daughter falls over next to your bin etc. I mean why for god-sake its just Gw covering themselves incase someone gets hurt but honestly it goes with the gaming, its not like we want to field an army of bubblewrap or hello kitty marines etc is it... althought hello kitty marines .... anyway I digress

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
Why are GW covering themselves well...

Because if they get hurt, they get sued.
If they get sued and it happens again they get sued for more, and have claims of negligance added to it, which costs them yet more money.

GW is essentially a profit organisation so hiring lawyers for law suits and paying out to law suits is an expenditure they dont want

In the end its best for them to just redesign there boxes which costs them next to nothing

1 - 20 of 44 Posts