Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know. I know.

Some of you love em'. Some of you hate em'. Some of you have never heard of them or seen them.

Some of you have given up hope on them. Some of you consistently bring it up again and again.

Some of you thought they made the perfect edition to 40k. Some of you thought they should have never been in 40k in the first place.

I will give my $0.02

Bring them back!!!!! They don't have to be an army. They don't need their own codex. All they have be is something similiar to the ogryns and ratlings. One simple unit. That's all.

For the record, I will never stop asking GW to bring them back.

Maybe one of the mods can make this a poll. I'd be curious to find out the total number of board members feelings.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Rather not... Just let them stay eaten by the Tyranids or whatever killed the little bastards...

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
what are squats?
Exactly.

Space dwarfs to be exact. They were terrible to begin with. Bad rules, dumb models and no one liked them. To make a decent ending to a lackluster range GW flushed them into the proverbial toilet of the galaxy. (They were eaten by the Tyranids.)

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
(They were eaten by the Tyranids.)
Well, at least that had a use after all!

·
Registered
194 Posts
To further enlarge the Tyranid Horde... Yeah!! WOO!! go Squats..... :p

SGMAlice
Surely, given that the Tyranids assimilate aspects of the devoured race, the hive fleet that ate the Squats suddenly realised its beasties were unaccountable SMALLER than its peers, not enlarged? :p

*edit* and this was my 100th post? well, its a random, bad joke - so thats pretty much how it would have wanted to go! :p *

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I'll bet they were chewy buggers

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
I agree, my friends Dad still has some sqauts, and they were terrible models. Even for 20 years ago. Their rules sucked too. They were just a bad idea. Why bring them back? They couldnt do anyhting from a game perspective, or fluff perpective. they were just part of the old designers wanting to make 40k Space WHFB, which is still is to some degree.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
Can't we have a squat/tyranid biomorph? how about short sucky genestealer like models armed with lasguns and a 6+ save, maybe give them pointless biomounts and arm them with poor weapons available to most other armies... wait...

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Quiet old woman (i shall ignore the fact we're the same age) thou tongue is too sharp for young and fulsome ears. :shout:
How dare thee! Uncouth youngster. Mine ears find thy words offensive. Youth begets no ignorance, share none with your 'young and fulsome ears'

:p

SGMAlice

·
Registered
326 Posts
Surely, given that the Tyranids assimilate aspects of the devoured race, the hive fleet that ate the Squats suddenly realised its beasties were unaccountable SMALLER than its peers, not enlarged?
So like... infested squats?

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Maybe get the nids an upgrade where nid warriors get mole mortars. I found the rules not too long ago and found it funny.

Concerning squats I would not want an army of them back but since every marine chapter has to have a company survive the deadliest atrocities (eaten by tyranids etc) so why not have any squats survive. Even if very few.

In conclusion I want squats at least mentioned in fluff but not return as an army.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't think some of you get it. I will try and break it down in simpler terms.

I'm not saying bring back the old models. I'm not saying bring back the old rules. I'll be the first to agree that neither was good.

And to those that think "space dwarves" don't belong??? Wow. I must have missed the part where space elves, space dark elves, space hobbits, space ogres, space goblins, and space orcs fit into the picture. But space dwarves??? Perish the thought! That's just crazy talk. Crazy talk I say!!!

·
Eastern Potent
2,654 Posts
Thats the point. We have psace everyhting. We made it 20 years without space dwarfs. Let them stay dead. Like the Zoats. We clearly dont need them.

1 - 20 of 353 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.