Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

just wondering what your take is on of the wording as this came up in a game. the rules say models within 6" get a 5+ cover save. so this means that the unit no longer gets the benefit from it as you can't physically put 30 models under the 6" bubble with out making them pie plate bait.

are we reading this correct?

because if so then the KFF is not worth the 50 points as it is already nerfed when inside a vehicle as it only gives the vehicle the 5+ cover save nothing around it.

i can't find an FAQ or errata for the new ork codex yet to see if the wording has been changed.

cheers
Woodzee

· Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh well i supose i'll now be feilding 2 KFF meks to cover the kanz and morkanaut and if some o0f the boyz get lucky enough to get the cover save as well then so be it for them. but then again the boyz are expendable.

I'm not sure how having a big mek run behind vehicles would work, when i use my vehicle mobs they move the 12 each turn. I suppose you just slow the advance down then??

I don't have the Gaz book (couldn't justify spending another $84 just to get more formations and a few other goodies) so not sure how that formation works.

· Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
However, I like to load up the wagons with Killkannons, so I give the Big Mek mega armour and put him in a unit of mek gun lobbas, so that they get Slow and Purposeful, while the wagons move only 6" a turn.

Now this.... i like, :good: never thought to do that. I'm guessing that way it let's your guns move and fire. repositioning each turn. Thanks for the idea i'm gonna use that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.