Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Deathwing Commissar
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thus far, each Heresy book by Forgeworld has begun with a preface by an unknown individual. They provide no signature, but instead close their preface with a seal that contains the letters "AK". More tellingly, this individual is qualified to be "only human": "... not Primarch, not Legiones Astartes, not Custodian, not Mechanicum. Not even one of those courtly augments who bitterly cling to the threads of life to exist on in a living horror of alchem-treatments and stolen youth."

I did some searching through the Dramatis Personae of the Horus Heresy novels, and in Flight of the Eisenstein I was reminded of Amendera Kendel, an Oblivion Knight of the Storm Dagger Witchseeker Squad - one of the Sisters of Silence. Tellingly, she survives the events of this novel and is one of the individuals Malcador recruits for his nascent Inquisition.

What do you think? Could Kendel be the "in-universe" author of these volumes?

·
Registered
399 Posts
It's Cypher.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Dakka Dakka Dakka Dakka BATMAN!!!

Attachments

·
Deathwing Commissar
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shas'Ui, locustgate,

Thanks for the insight. :wink:

Lorne,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Shas'Ui, locustgate,

Thanks for the insight. :wink:

Lorne,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :)
I have been a fan of this kind of line of thought for a while. You may not have the right person but i do think who ever it is will be a Character in one or more of the books. For now i can't find a better candidate.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Seems plausible enough to me.

But then again, she may actually be Power Girl :spiteful:

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
As far as Betrayal goes, I was about to suggest Crysos Morturg, the Death Guard loyalist who survived Istvaan III, but it looks like he just gives his testimony separate of the narration. I have not looked at Massacre yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts